Windows 10: Adding new user account deletes several shortcuts from primary account

Discus and support Adding new user account deletes several shortcuts from primary account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After creating a second administrater user account with an existing MS account, the new desktop starts with Dock display of short cuts including Edge,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LASTTEN, Nov 9, 2015.

1. LASTTEN Win User

Adding new user account deletes several shortcuts from primary account

After creating a second administrater user account with an existing MS account, the new desktop starts with Dock display of short cuts including Edge, Trash etc. Could find no refference to this display.

After I sign off from the new account, I signed in to my original account and found several Desktop shortcut icons gone.
    Even the program DesktopOK 4, which restores previous desktop icons, would not work. It has worked before on W10.
    Have done warm and cold reboots to no avail. I have repeated this operation after running Restore Point and had the same result.

How can I create a new account to be a mirror of my primary account (all settings and desktop duplicated)?
    How do I keep this creation from affecting my original account Desktop?

:)

LASTTEN, Nov 9, 2015

2. Different desktops for different users

Hi,

Just bought new computer with windows 10. I've created 2 user accounts, both as an administrator. I expected, that both users have their own desktop, with their own shortcuts. After new software installation (on one account) new shortcut is automatically
    added on second user's desktop. Deleting this shortcut on 2'nd user desktop automatically delete it on 1'st one's. How may I fully separate both users dekstops?

Best Regards

Kuba

Kuba Domagala, Nov 9, 2015
  3. jekee Win User
    IE Jump List in Windows 10 has Blank Icons

I set up a new user account, set up Internet Explorer, added a shortcut to the taskbar, and then pinned several sites to the taskbar icon. Some of the pinned sites' icons for the new account were also blank in the IE dropdown list. This does not appear
    to be an account issue.

jekee, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

Adding new user account deletes several shortcuts from primary account

1. Adding new user account deletes several shortcuts from primary account - Similar Threads - Adding user account

2. Primary email account deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary email account deleted: I was creating a user account for my wife on my old computer after setting up my new windows 11 computer. I had created her profile using my microsoft id. I then realized she should have her own microsoft id so I made one for her and made her email address primary. When I...
  3. Primary email account deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary email account deleted: I was creating a user account for my wife on my old computer after setting up my new windows 11 computer. I had created her profile using my microsoft id. I then realized she should have her own microsoft id so I made one for her and made her email address primary. When I...
  4. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  5. Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted: When I create a new user account, the desktop is corrupted.The start menu has a transparent background so items are unreadableSettings Home screen is OK but and option is unusable. most sections of a sub page randomly flash background colours, predominantly transparent.I have...
  6. Deleting and re-adding MS Primary account on Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deleting and re-adding MS Primary account on Laptop: Hi All,I'm having issues with my MS account on my Laptop:-Bits Service doesn't start automaticallyMS Store returning error code 0x800706D9Hello Face Recognition not setting up properlyWindows Update Failing with 0x80073701I only get these issues on my Primary MS Account. If I...
  7. Problems with adding a new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with adding a new user account: Following a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 I've repeatedly added a family member as an account user on the PC. Each time after getting the usual "Please wait" and "We're sorting it" messages the new user desktop opens with a message saying there is not enough disk space -...
  8. Primary User Account - Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary User Account - Name: I have just bought a new PC with Windows 10. The primary user account is called 'Adrian' which appears on the welcome login screen. However in the C drive under 'Users' the folder with My Documents is called 'mail'. How can I change that?...
  9. Deleted local user account and adding windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted local user account and adding windows hello: Hi I had an issue with my sons family activity reporting and it appeared to be because he was a local user account rather than under my family in terms of the user admin. I couldn't find an option to switch him from a local user to a Microsoft family account user so created...
  10. Added a new user account to computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Added a new user account to computer: Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of...