Windows 10: Adding New User but says is linked already

Discus and support Adding New User but says is linked already in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!Recently I wanted to add my microsoft account as a whole separate user on this PC as it is now used by everyone in the house. However, even after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Morgan H-S, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Adding New User but says is linked already

Hello!Recently I wanted to add my microsoft account as a whole separate user on this PC as it is now used by everyone in the house. However, even after signing out of every app I can think of and making my current user just a local account, I keep getting an error. “e-mail has already been added to this PC”. But I’m signed out of everything on here and have gone as far as completely unlinking this computer from my microsoft account. I was wondering if maybe I’m missing something and there’s more steps needed to add it as it’s own user? Or if once it’s added you cannot separate it from the PC a

:)

Morgan H-S, Mar 26, 2022

2. Adding a new user

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Type settings on the Windows search bar and select
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts, and click on
      Family & other users
      on the left pane.

• Now you can add new user account.
    Also visit the below link on how to create new user account. (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 26, 2022
  3. windows 10 - Microsoft Store & Adding new user

Hi,

Creating or adding new user account is one possible troubleshooting step that you can perform whenever you are encountering problems with Windows Store. Through this, we can identify if there are corrupted files in the current user that causes problem with
    Windows Store. If you are having problem adding account through Account settings, let us try these steps instead:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net localgroup administrator test /add and hit
      Enter
    Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 26, 2022
  4. Louie Del Win User

Adding New User but says is linked already

Adding User Errors

Hi,

The error message that you’ve encountered can be caused by an invalid or corrupted registry keys. You may also get the same error when your computer shuts down
    unexpectedly. To learn more about your concern with adding a user, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Are you also getting the error when you add a user?
    • Were there any changes or updates made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so for to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will scan and restore the corrupted system files on your device. Check this
    article
    for the steps.

We’ll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Mar 26, 2022
Thema:

Adding New User but says is linked already

1. Adding New User but says is linked already - Similar Threads - Adding User says

2. Adding New User but says is linked already

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding New User but says is linked already: Hello!Recently I wanted to add my microsoft account as a whole separate user on this PC as it is now used by everyone in the house. However, even after signing out of every app I can think of and making my current user just a local account, I keep getting an error. “e-mail...
  3. when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it...: when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it is not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-adding-email-to-a-user-acc-it-says-user/2265482c-6ef7-4539-b1e0-61ecde4da730
  4. when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it...: when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it is not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-adding-email-to-a-user-acc-it-says-user/2265482c-6ef7-4539-b1e0-61ecde4da730
  5. when adding email to a user acc it says user account already in a user acc even though it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. User already added to this pc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User already added to this pc.: I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to...
  7. User already added to this pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    User already added to this pc.: I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to...
  8. Link User Data and Software to AD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Link User Data and Software to AD?: I work in IT and we hand out loaner laptops to employees fairly frequently. Loading up the software specific to each user and transferring all the data every time (from laptop to loaner, and some times from loaner to new laptop) can be a lengthy process. I was wondering if...
  9. Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already'

Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already': Have just upgraded my Surface Pro 2 with Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1. Tablet is a domain machine and the upgrade all went fine. The tablet was originally bought using my MS account and in the registry it has entries saying my MS account name (ie: my email address) is the...
  10. Problem added new user

Problem added new user: I'm going to give my computer to my wife so I added her as a new user. First on her W10 computer she's not signed in through her Microsoft account, just her name and a random password, upgraded from Windows 7. Wasn't able to use that, Windows requires a Microsoft...