Windows 10: Adding non-windows program to left side of start

Discus and support Adding non-windows program to left side of start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed WinAmp to my Win 10 64 bit OS. It runs just find and it shows up on the default apps. It DOES NOT show up on the left side of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael-Bereece, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Adding non-windows program to left side of start

I have installed WinAmp to my Win 10 64 bit OS. It runs just find and it shows up on the default apps. It DOES NOT show up on the left side of the start menu. I can add it to the right side of the start menu but nor the left. Is there a way to do this? Thank you.

:)

Michael-Bereece, Jun 28, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 28, 2019
  4. cmoe Win User

Adding non-windows program to left side of start

Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

hello.

I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility to customize this list or to re-add the function?
    I don't want to use "recently added apps" or something like that ...

Adding non-windows program to left side of start [​IMG]

greets.christian

Thema:

Adding non-windows program to left side of start

1. Adding non-windows program to left side of start - Similar Threads - Adding non program

2. How to move Windows 11 Start Menu to left side

in Windows 10 News
    How to move Windows 11 Start Menu to left side: [ATTACH]A new startup menu with a new taskbar interface has been launched with the latest Windows version. The default position of the taskbar on Windows 11 is at the center of the screen. Some of the users are enjoying this new change, but many face issues with working with...
  3. Programs in left side of the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs in left side of the desktop: how to show the list of the programs in left side of the Desktop (Icons) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-in-left-side-of-the-desktop/0ff5beb6-ecc8-49b4-b0f7-ae7d290ae6b1
  4. Adding custom folders to left side of start menu

Adding custom folders to left side of start menu: Hi, I was wondering if there was a way of adding custom folders instead of download , music etc folders on left of start menu. I have tried kinda everything from personalize settings and start settings. but nothing seems to work out. Thank you for your help....
  5. Adding "Copy/Move To folder" to the left side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding "Copy/Move To folder" to the left side in Windows 10: Is it possible to add "Copy/Move To folder" options to the left side in Windows 10, just like in Windows XP File and Folder Tasks? 120590
  6. Pin to left side of Start Menu Achieved

Pin to left side of Start Menu Achieved: 1) Browse to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu Places 2) Rename one of the existing folders there to what folder you want it to be 3) Right-click > Properties to said folder and set new destination folder address 4) Go to Settings App > Personalization > Start >...
  7. Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?: hello. I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility...
  8. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...
  9. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456
  10. How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Expand the left side of Start (by default): In Start Menu, on the left there is an expand button, but how can I make it expanded by default (thus hiding that ridiculous huge list of apps by letter) Thanks in advance. 68969