Windows 10: Adding old saved OE mail to Mail

Discus and support Adding old saved OE mail to Mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to add old email saved from OE to Mail What is the path in C drive to Mail outbox and inbox and can I paste the old .eml mail to Mail inbox and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OE Old mail, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Adding old saved OE mail to Mail

I want to add old email saved from OE to Mail What is the path in C drive to Mail outbox and inbox and can I paste the old .eml mail to Mail inbox and outbox folders?

:)

OE Old mail, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Billg226 Win User

Windows Mail

I found an email client OE Classic which is free for 2 accounts, $24.99 unlimited. Anyway, OE Classic is much like Windows Mail predecessor Out Express. Only problem I see with it is you can't use Outlook Express' Address Book (*.wab) or Windows Mail Contact List . But I did have to use comma separated values (*.csv) to setup an Address Book in OE Classic. I did import my accounts (*.IAF) & my Windows Mail email (*.eml) into OE Classic and it is so much like the old Outlook Express we had in Windows XP which became Windows Mail in Windows Vista. Be nice if we could have Windows Mail again.

Billg226, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Adding Folders to Mail, no plus sign

Thank you for your response, CarolRogers3.

With regard to your concern in exporting emails from the Windows 10 Mail app, the option to export emails is not yet available like in Outlook. However, after you uninstall and reinstall the Mail app, add the account
    to your Mail app. After adding the account all your emails will pop up automatically. But, we can also save the individual emails from Mail app.

To save the individual emails, follow these steps:

1. Open the Mail app.
    2. Click on the email, you would like to save.
    3. On the top right corner of the screen, click the
      Actions icon (…) and then click
      Save as option.
    4. Finally, enter a name for the email message before clicking the
      Save button.

The email message will be saved with .eml file. To open the saved email message, simple double-click on it to open the same in the Mail app.

I would suggest you to follow the steps from the previous post and let us know about the results.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 1, 2020
  4. stevehero Win User

Adding old saved OE mail to Mail

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Adding old saved OE mail to Mail [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Adding old saved OE mail to Mail

1. Adding old saved OE mail to Mail - Similar Threads - Adding old saved

2. yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail: hi,yahoo email is not added to Windows mail.I added a Yahoo email account to Windows 11 mail, but when I tried to add a passwordthe page was empty. There was no empty text area to add a password to Windows mail.plz...
  3. yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail is not adding to windows mail: hi,yahoo email is not added to Windows mail.I added a Yahoo email account to Windows 11 mail, but when I tried to add a passwordthe page was empty. There was no empty text area to add a password to Windows mail.plz...
  4. Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where are saved e-mails stored if saved in the Mail aplication?: I have a back up of the user folder when upgrading from windows 8 to 10 yet emails that were saved in the mail aplication in folders have not transfer in the upgrade. Where are they contained and are they recoverable?...
  5. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  6. ADDING AN E-MAIL SIGNATURE

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADDING AN E-MAIL SIGNATURE: I used to have an "Options" feature, I finally found one accidentally - don't ask me where it is, hit and miss but now I no longer have the ability to insert so I can change my signature page???...
  7. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  8. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...
  9. Mail not adding email properly.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not adding email properly.: So in a nutshell I had to reformat due to a booting issue. I know my email address, password, pop3 ports and mail servers. I can't get it to work again. I downloaded Windows Live Mail for Essentials 2012 and it freaking works just fine but Windows 10 Mail won't? It was...
  10. Mail App adding folders

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App adding folders: Can you create folders in the Mail App? Thanks 8315