Windows 10: adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

Discus and support adding older acer monitor to dell laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wanted to connect an external monitor to my laptop. Windows is not detecting it. What next?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeanMcLeod2, Nov 8, 2019.

1. adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

I wanted to connect an external monitor to my laptop. Windows is not detecting it. What next?

:)

JeanMcLeod2, Nov 8, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

Issue installing driver for older Dell monitor 2001fp

My model still shows here without a driver as seen in other post. List manufacturer and exact model of the Graphics card.

adding older acer monitor to dell laptop [​IMG]

jds63, Nov 8, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Issue installing driver for older Dell monitor 2001fp

Yes i saw a Dell Optiplex one listed for a GTX 745, i was not sure as each manufacturer is different with any model. Reason i ask is to update Graphics card drivers have you ? I also wanted to see it's connection on this card.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/100868/en-us

64bit or 32bit windows 10 ?

Hard to think why not having a driver would remove settings on a monitor as this is part of the monitors display itself and not Windows.

How again was it without the new monitor hooked and just the older Dell Monitor ? Still loose settings ?

jds63, Nov 8, 2019
  4. TAU
    Tau Win User

adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

Thema:

adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

1. adding older acer monitor to dell laptop - Similar Threads - adding older acer

2. adding a monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding a monitor: I have Asus monitor that I've been using for 2 years I got a small dell monitor and for some reason I can connect them one always says no signal or no output I'm using a VGA its work perfectly if I use it by its self but once I plug the Asus to the dell it says no signal...
  3. Battery Life no longer being monitored - Acer Spin Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Life no longer being monitored - Acer Spin Laptop: I just did the latest Update to Windows 10 on my Acer Spin Laptop. It is no longer registering my battery life. I used it for almost 4 hours last night and it still showed 100%. Plus when I plugged it in, it didn't have the orange light for charging. It showed the blue...
  4. ACER monitor works with Laptop Win 7 but not with Laptop Win 10

ACER monitor works with Laptop Win 7 but not with Laptop Win 10: I have an ACER Model G185H monitor that is attached to my Laptop Win 7 and I use as the second monitor and it works well. I recently purchased a Laptop Win 10. The same ACER monitor is not detected by Win 10 Laptop. The monitor says "Cable is not connected" when in fact...
  5. Adding a second monitor to a Dell computer with only a VGA port

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a second monitor to a Dell computer with only a VGA port: I have a Dell laptop which has only a VGA monitor port for adding a second monitor. How can I attach a second monitor using this VGA port and still make use of virtual desktop? If I add the second monitor it automatically opts to use the chip set that monitor 1 is using and...
  6. connecting 2 monitors to a Dell Inspiron laptop

connecting 2 monitors to a Dell Inspiron laptop: how do I connect 2 monitors to a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-2-monitors-to-a-dell-inspiron-laptop/3cb093f2-cf9d-40c8-9b38-b6b9825ccaaf
  7. Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss: I tried to add a monitor (Benq GL2460) to my Lenovo Yoga 310 (Win10) but when I connect it (HDMI cable), I lose the fill screen display and can't access anything (i.e when I try to open an application or service it won't display on my laptop screen or added monitor). When I...
  8. acer laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer laptop: my acer will not get past a blue screen that says reset this pc what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/acer-laptop/bb4d505f-58f6-4de7-8364-67ba64b8d85a
  9. Issue installing driver for older Dell monitor 2001fp

Issue installing driver for older Dell monitor 2001fp: I like to use two monitors which seems to be causing an issue with my new Dell XPS 8900. I got the new computer and monitor three days ago and came with a Nvidia gtx 745 video card. I hooked up the new 2316H monitor via hdmi and the older 2001fp via DVI-D. The older 2001fp...
  10. Windows 10 on older Dell?

Windows 10 on older Dell?: With the recent purchase of a new XPS13, I find myself with an older laptop at my disposal. . .my reliable XPS13, L501X model. It's been a workhorse, problem free, for about 6 years. It's always run Windows 7 Pro. It's has an i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and a 500 GB hard drive....