Windows 10: adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

Discus and support adding older acer monitor to dell laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wanted to connect an external monitor to my laptop. Windows is not detecting it. What next?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeanMcLeod2, Nov 8, 2019.

1. adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

I wanted to connect an external monitor to my laptop. Windows is not detecting it. What next?

:)

JeanMcLeod2, Nov 8, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

Issue installing driver for older Dell monitor 2001fp

My model still shows here without a driver as seen in other post. List manufacturer and exact model of the Graphics card.

adding older acer monitor to dell laptop [​IMG]

jds63, Nov 8, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Issue installing driver for older Dell monitor 2001fp

Yes i saw a Dell Optiplex one listed for a GTX 745, i was not sure as each manufacturer is different with any model. Reason i ask is to update Graphics card drivers have you ? I also wanted to see it's connection on this card.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/100868/en-us

64bit or 32bit windows 10 ?

Hard to think why not having a driver would remove settings on a monitor as this is part of the monitors display itself and not Windows.

How again was it without the new monitor hooked and just the older Dell Monitor ? Still loose settings ?

jds63, Nov 8, 2019
  4. TAU
    Tau Win User

adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

Thema:

adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

1. adding older acer monitor to dell laptop - Similar Threads - adding older acer

2. ACER monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACER monitors: are ACER monitors compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-monitors/dcbc8f71-185a-49b7-9435-d029ea9b7879
  3. ACER monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACER monitors: are ACER monitors compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-monitors/dcbc8f71-185a-49b7-9435-d029ea9b7879
  4. Adding 2 monitors to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding 2 monitors to laptop: Trying to attach 2 monitors to a laptop via the instructions provided by Microsoft. It's not working!! I need help please. I have each monitor plugged in to the hdmi ports of a docking station. One monitor works, the second isnt even detected....
  5. Adding 2 monitors to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding 2 monitors to laptop: Trying to attach 2 monitors to a laptop via the instructions provided by Microsoft. It's not working!! I need help please. I have each monitor plugged in to the hdmi ports of a docking station. One monitor works, the second isnt even detected....
  6. ACER laptop + 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ACER laptop + 2 monitors: I have an ACER aspire 5 laptop and want to extend the display over 2 separate monitors. Both monitors will work if plugged into the HDMI port, but I can't get a 2nd monitor to be recognised using a USB to HDMI adapter. Online advice and manufacturer advice suggests this...
  7. Older dell laptop keeps locking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Older dell laptop keeps locking: Ok so I have a old dell 7737 laptop and for some reason it keeps locking for no reason or randomly going into sleep mode everyone thing is up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-dell-laptop-keeps-locking/4cf44bac-33d9-4361-b76a-a7a63280e33e
  8. Asus laptop will not detect an older Dell monitor connected to HDMI port

Asus laptop will not detect an older Dell monitor connected to HDMI port: I have an older Dell Monitor connected to an Asus TP550LA laptop and it's not detecting the external display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-laptop-will-not-detect-an-older-dell-monitor/119b4b90-2ee8-406b-a930-96b3b99c03ca
  9. monitor add on with a Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor add on with a Dell Laptop: i'm trying to add a second HP monitor to my Dell laptop.Its not being identified and says to check my cable connections or to select Extend and it wont let me change my setting...
  10. Issue installing driver for older Dell monitor 2001fp

Issue installing driver for older Dell monitor 2001fp: I like to use two monitors which seems to be causing an issue with my new Dell XPS 8900. I got the new computer and monitor three days ago and came with a Nvidia gtx 745 video card. I hooked up the new 2316H monitor via hdmi and the older 2001fp via DVI-D. The older 2001fp...