Windows 10: Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Discus and support Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I want to add our Microsoft family calendar to outlook 365. Basically I have two MS accounts. One is an old hotmail account which I use for emails and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Scottyboy99, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

I want to add our Microsoft family calendar to outlook 365. Basically I have two MS accounts. One is an old hotmail account which I use for emails and this is setup happily in outlook. The other is the Microsoft account I use to login to windows 10 with associated family setup. It actually has a non MS alias as my login, using my ISP email, account as the alias. Lord knows why I set it up that way and didn’t use the hotmail one I had but I guess I had my reasons. What I like is the family calendar on it. I’ve set it up so that all our family devices such as iPhone, iPad and Alexa can all read it and update. But as I am not a huge fan of the windows 10 native app for mail and calendar I prefer to use good old outlook from my 365 subscription. Currently outlook has accounts (mail and calendar) setup for my old hotmail email and also my ISP email. I want to just add the family calendar into outlook (no email). I figured after googling around the best way was to login to my Microsoft account and share the calendar to get an ICS link. But it seems the calendar cannot be shared, right clicking has the shared part greyed out. The only calendar that it seems can be shared is the main calendar on the acc. I just really want to get the ICS link for the shared family calendar so I can put it in outlook 365 and also add it to the calendar app on my Mac. I don’t want to set up the Microsoft account in outlook 365 as I already have a hotmail one linked and the email alias is the same as used for my ISP and that account is already setup in outlook for email usage, I’d imagine that may cause all sorts of confusion within outlook. So does anyone know how I can just get the family calendar ICS?

sorry, kind of hard to explain but I hope someone can help as it would be very beneficial to our family.

cheers
    Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Oct 17, 2017

2. I have some issues with the One Calendar app.

<Original Title: I'm confused - Microsoft APP One Calendar>

Windows 10

Purchase One Calendar

I want to combine Google calendar and 365 Outlook calendar

No problem adding Google

BIG problem adding Outlook

Different error messages including my Outlook has not yet migrated to 365 Outlook

Will you help me

ANDYRUPPANNER, Oct 17, 2017
  3. ablambert Win User
    Sync my Outlook 365 calendar with my Windows Phone 8.

All,

I would like to sync Outlook 365 calendar with my Windows Phone 8. I have a family domain email account using IMAP that I use for family activities and I also have an outlook.com account that I use for other things.

How can I move my outlook 365 (family) calendar to my outlook 360 (outlook.com) calendar or other things to sync with my phone?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Grim

ablambert, Oct 17, 2017
  4. gpstoloff Win User

Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Mate, I feel your pain.

I've been able to get my family calendar to load in Outlook.com (Web browser), W10 Calendar, Outlook for Android, and Outlook 365. Of all of these choices, the ONLY app where my Family calendar is READ-ONLY is ......Outlook 365.

In fact, the ONLY Outlook.com-based calendar that I can edit in Outlook 365 is my personal calendar. According to MS Tech Support (2nd level), because it links to Outlook.com as an Exchange server, it only will update its own account's calendar.

So, I'm hoping someone has an answer soon.

gpstoloff, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Hi, thanks. It seems hard to sort out. How did you get your family calendar (even if read only) into outlook legacy/365? We’re you able share it and obtain an ics link to set it up as an internet calendar? I only want to get the family calendar into outlook 365 from my MS account and nothing else

cheers
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Oct 18, 2017
  6. gpstoloff Win User
    If the calendars are stored on an Outlook.com account, then you first have to share them on Outlook.com with all family members. This process emails an Exchange server-based link -- but NOT an ICS file -- to each family member's Outlook 365 program.

Once you open that link from within Outlook 365, close and reopen the program. The calendar should now appear in the list of calendars on the left side of the screen.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-5a9b3f5e6ff2 will explain the Outlook.com part of the process, and that article contains links to the Outlook 365 part as well.

But, remember, there's a big difference between sharing calendars between 2 people's Outlooks on their own PCs, without a central Exchange server involved -- and sharing calendars on Outlook.com or another Exchange server, and using Outlook as the client to download from the server & work with it. If you're wanting the first technique, then that's a different discussion altogether. Please advise, and good luck (from a former Shropshire lad).

gpstoloff, Oct 18, 2017
  7. Thank you. I looked at the link and I think what I need is ‘publish calendar’ which may get me the ics link I wanted. I’ll give it a go later on. It may not play ball because it is a family calendar rather than a conventional one but it sounds like it’s the best option. I don’t need the edit access in outlook 365, I just want the appointments in there and on my mac calendar so everything gets updates when I add a family entry on my iPhone. It’s tough to get a calendar that supports everything. I’d use iCloud calendar but mail and calendar app doesn’t support it. This way all our devices and machines plus Alexa can read the family calendar

cheers,
    Wayne

8. Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Almost worked. Published the ICS link and copied it into the Mac high Sierra calendar as a subscribed calendar. Worked great! On outlook not so good, same link I went to add internet calendar and it wouldn’t take saying it could not verify the link. Seems lame Microsoft’s own software didn’t like the link. I actually have google calendar setup in outlook as an internet calendar without issue. Oh well, I’ll just forget using outlook for this

9. Nailed it! The link published by MS outlook starts with http:// must be replaced with webcal before pasting and then it’ll work.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

1. Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365 - Similar Threads - Adding outlook family

2. calendar on outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    calendar on outlook: why you push people to use outlook calender? its not good, its suck, how to still use the old calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-on-outlook/a85880d3-1f7f-4d58-bd6f-0f712b90f793
  3. calendar on outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    calendar on outlook: why you push people to use outlook calender? its not good, its suck, how to still use the old calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-on-outlook/a85880d3-1f7f-4d58-bd6f-0f712b90f793
  4. Outlook Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Calendar: How can I sync my microsoft 365 Outlook Calendar with my Samsung G7 phone calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/e8eabcdf-8460-4629-a29b-8196b995f719
  5. Outlook Calendar

Outlook Calendar: How can I sync my microsoft 365 Outlook Calendar with my Samsung G7 phone calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/e8eabcdf-8460-4629-a29b-8196b995f719
  6. My Family Calendar disappear on all desktop Calendar, Outlook 365 and Windows Calendar Outlook

My Family Calendar disappear on all desktop Calendar, Outlook 365 and Windows Calendar Outlook: After the update of My Family App, all my Family Calendar on all devices from the family disappeared with all the appointments . Only remains the new online My Family Calendar. But all the old appointments are gone. How can I get back the synchronisation? Thank you for your...
  7. Outlook 365 Calendar Question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 Calendar Question: Can anyone help please? I have just "moved" my Outlook 365 email to a new PC also running Outlook 365. I was using POP3 on the old computer but have opted for IMAP on the new and all seems ok as far as emails are concerned. I now need to move my Outlook calendar from the old...
  8. Outlook 365 calendar problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 calendar problem: Hi, i need help about outlook 365. I recently switched to office 365 from office 2010, and I noticed that in the calendar box the dates where there are appointments are not highlighted as in the old version, also the weeks are not numbered [img] 159739
  9. Outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook calendar: How do I delete an appointment on my Outlook calendar? For some reason, I am now unable to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/3c6c4c2a-3c55-4139-a34b-143f6f25ca2b
  10. Outlook Calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Calendar: when I change my font style in outlook calendar, as soon as I step away, but calendar defaults back to another style? Why does the changed style not stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/5eba0318-53da-4805-8282-95f68621e1c2