Windows 10: Adding PC to Network without adding a specific folder/drive?

Discus and support Adding PC to Network without adding a specific folder/drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to have a shortcut show up in Network windows 10 latest update as of 6/14/2020 like in older builds where I can click into it and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OutsideOctaves, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Adding PC to Network without adding a specific folder/drive?

Is it possible to have a shortcut show up in Network windows 10 latest update as of 6/14/2020 like in older builds where I can click into it and have access to that pc's shared drives? I know how to setup a network drive, but can't figure out how in this newest build to link directly to my old pc. I have for now created a shortcut on the Desktop that works as I have credentials that work for this atm, but would like the option to show up in Network like it used to, and also if possible in "This PC".

:)

OutsideOctaves, Jun 14, 2020

2. adding web folders in libraries

Hello,

I understand that you want to add web folders in your Windows 10 libraries. However, the folders should be indexed first. Note that adding folders to the index will allow them to be quickly searched, which is useful if you're having a hard time looking for
    a specific folder.

In line with that, you can use the Indexing Options. Just follow the steps below:

1. In the search box, type "indexing options" and select "Indexing Options" from the list of results.
    2. Click the "Modify" button.
    3. Expand the drives until you find the folder you want to add.
    4. Check the box for each folder you are adding.
    5. Click "OK" to save your changes.
    Your newly-selected folders will be added to the index. Note that this can take a while for folders containing a large number of files.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Michelle Vil, Jun 14, 2020
  3. hexapling Win User
    Exclude specific network folders from a network search

Hi,

I'm currently on Windows 10 Home 1909 and am wondering how do I exclude specific network folders when I'm frequently doing a search on a networked drive?

The drive isn't mapped, just added as a network location shortcut in "This PC".

Thanks.

hexapling, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Adding PC to Network without adding a specific folder/drive?

Map a network drive folder to my video library

Haim Shalom Snyder, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Adding PC to Network without adding a specific folder/drive?

1. Adding PC to Network without adding a specific folder/drive? - Similar Threads - Adding Network without

2. Adding a Network Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a Network Location: When I am trying to set up a network location where do I find a place to use as it is requesting a location of my website which I do not have?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-network-location/96df9d25-d1b8-47c1-a2a4-0fa314ce7847
  3. Adding a Network Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a Network Location: When I am trying to set up a network location where do I find a place to use as it is requesting a location of my website which I do not have?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-network-location/96df9d25-d1b8-47c1-a2a4-0fa314ce7847
  4. Adding a Path to a Network Drive

Adding a Path to a Network Drive: I've been trying to move off of Linux and over to Windows and I've come across an issue I'm unsure of how to resolve.So I've mapped a network drive to Z: which contains information needed in some programs that I run. In those programs, they specify a file path to look in that...
  5. Adding a Path to a Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a Path to a Network Drive: I've been trying to move off of Linux and over to Windows and I've come across an issue I'm unsure of how to resolve.So I've mapped a network drive to Z: which contains information needed in some programs that I run. In those programs, they specify a file path to look in that...
  6. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  7. Ad-Hoc Network

Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  8. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. adding a pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding a pc: im trying to add another pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-pc/e97c9adc-17b9-4862-b879-7ae2da7f02cc
  10. Adding Custom Folders To 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Custom Folders To 'This PC': Hello everyone, I am aware of the Quick access menu but I disabled it, I want to add a folder to the 'This PC' drop down that is not a folder by default. I forget how I did it in Win7, I think I renamed a default folder I was not using but I do not think I can do that...