Windows 10: Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email

Discus and support Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10 and the new Mail program. I have read all I can find about adding contacts to People from a received email and I am unable to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeteFran, Dec 30, 2019.

1. PeteFran Win User

Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email

I am new to Windows 10 and the new Mail program. I have read all I can find about adding contacts to People from a received email and I am unable to do it.

What I have read says to left click on a person/email in the reading pane of an email. When I do that a window opens with the option of emailing back to that person and it shows a list of the emails that person has sent me. I can find no way to add that person to my People directory. What am I missing? I am NOT happy with the new mail program.

Thanks,

Pete

:)

PeteFran, Dec 30, 2019
  2. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Dec 30, 2019
  3. ShRend Win User
    Windows 10 Mail and People App

I hate that the Contact list in Windows mail is now a separate program. But my biggest issue is - how can I set People or Mail to automatically store emails of people that I email regularly? Why do I have to take the step to specifically go in an set
    up a new contact?

ShRend, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email

Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts

Hello,

I imported my Contacts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 into People on Windows 10 using a csv file. I got around 30 "Unnamed Contacts" which I deleted, but not sure where they came from. My problem is that when I try to send an email and click on the
    People button I am seeing Suggested Contacts, and this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! How can Windows determine who I might like to send emails to? It's a very strange "feature". But worse than that when I scroll to below Suggested Contacts I see the
    alphabetic list, BUT only some of the Contacts are there! If I click the People icon on the bottom of the Mail app I can see all the Contacts.

So in short:-

I - How do I make the full list of People appear when I click the People icon on a new email?

2 - How can I stop the program listing Suggested Contacts?

Regards,

Tony

TonyWaldron28, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email

1. Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email - Similar Threads - Adding Mail Email

2. Windows 10 Mail and People

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail and People: I have added a new laptop and set up Mail successfully. My emails can be read, sent, or deleted from either computer, or directly from the Xfinity server.However, I am surprised that my People address book is blank. Must I repopulate People by adding each entry manually--or...
  3. Adding an incoming email contact on Microsoft Mail Windows 10 to my people list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding an incoming email contact on Microsoft Mail Windows 10 to my people list: Hi there,Every post I have read, showing how easy it is to add an incoming email contact, on Microsoft Mail Windows 10 to my people list,just doesn't work for me.!!!The simple answer is, when I click on the incoming name as advised, first red ring on photo below the resulting...
  4. windows mail 10 adding contacts from email issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mail 10 adding contacts from email issue: Hello, When I started with my current computer I was able to use the Mail app to add contact information from received emails directly into the people app. All I had to do was click on the name and either save it or open contact and it would take me to the people app...
  5. Windows 10 Mail and People

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Mail and People: Is there a way, when an email is addressed, to display only the first name? For reasons I do not understand, for some of my family members this already happens, even though their entries in People display their first and last names....
  6. Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail

Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail: I am using Windows 10 Mail. I want to add a contact to the people app from an email. At this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14103/windows-people-app-help, I found the following information: If you're using the Mail app, you can save a contact from an email...
  7. Adding email sender to People app from Mail

Adding email sender to People app from Mail: When I receive an email in Mail app how do I add that person as a contact in the People app. I am fully up to date running Windows 10 Home 1903. I know I can do this by copy paste etc in a manual way but where is the option to left/right click and select add? I have read...
  8. Adding an email to Calendar and People doesn't work

Adding an email to Calendar and People doesn't work: Hello. I recently got my new Surface Pro (5th Gen). I works quite well, except for the email and Calendar. I have an Office subscription but I'd rather use the built in Windows 10 apps as they integrate better. So I added my email to the Mail app. My email is with this...
  9. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  10. Mail not adding email properly.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not adding email properly.: So in a nutshell I had to reformat due to a booting issue. I know my email address, password, pop3 ports and mail servers. I can't get it to work again. I downloaded Windows Live Mail for Essentials 2012 and it freaking works just fine but Windows 10 Mail won't? It was...