Windows 10: Adding PIN issues

Discus and support Adding PIN issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I've seen this question thrown around multiple times in this community, and I have tried most solutions to no avail. Yes, I did the NGC folder thing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VictorT.980, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Adding PIN issues

So I've seen this question thrown around multiple times in this community, and I have tried most solutions to no avail. Yes, I did the NGC folder thing and have done most, if not all system searches on the cmd with administrator permission. The problem started when I was connected to some faulty internet and my laptop restarted. When the laptop booted up again, I lost my PIN somehow and had to log in with my password (which I did, I'm not locked out of my laptop). And when I logged in, I tried resetting my PIN but couldn't, I've attached a pic which shows the "Add PIN" button with the spinny load symbol. Every time I press the button, nothing happens. any suggestions other than the aforementioned solutions I have already tried? Adding PIN issues 6406ca88-5850-4295-90a7-489809a45988?upload=true.png

:)

VictorT.980, Oct 24, 2018
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    Adding Pin to sign in

Hi Kristine,

There are several factors why this issue is happening. This can an issue with the PIN, account or PC itself. However, for us to isolate what is causing this, we need the following information:

• When did you first encounter this issue?
    • What was your last activity when this issue happened?
    • Any changes that took place in your computer before this issue occurred?
    Meanwhile, let us use the System File Checker tool to scan for
    corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. For detailed steps, please check this
    link.

Once done, please check if you are able to try adding the PIN again.

Let us know the result of this step.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Adding PIN issues

adding a pin is not working

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As I understand you are adding PIN to Sign-in options.

• Are you able to open the websites?
    • Are you trying to add PIN for the first time?

It could be due to corrupt system files or missing updates or software changes.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

If the issue persists, then try to run SFC scan.

Scan for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select
    Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type
    sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

Then type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and hit Enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Adding PIN issues

1. Adding PIN issues - Similar Threads - Adding PIN issues

2. Adding Microsoft account to Minecraft PIN issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adding Microsoft account to Minecraft PIN issue: I added a new account to my pc to play minecraft since thats the account with the progress. It asked me for the PIN for windows hello or something but its only letting me type up to 4 digits so it wasn't working since my PIN is 6 digit. When I try to change the PIN it says it...
  3. AD Replication Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AD Replication Issue: Hello,We have an issue with AD replication at work. We have 3 ADs, 2 running Windows Server 2012 R2 and 1 with WS 2019.The 2 servers with WS2012R2 can replicate between them but not with the 3rd one. But the server with WS2019 can replicate to the other 2.What am i missing...
  4. PIN is not adding.

PIN is not adding.: Hey, I am currently facing this issue and not able to add PIN to my windows 10 LTSC 2018 after resetting my laptop. If someone knows how to ressolve this issueso please reply....
  5. Adding windows hello pin

Adding windows hello pin: Hi there. I have a problem about adding windows hello pin. When i try to add, little windows appeared there called "microsoft account". And then i face error like this : "you will need the internet" , despite of i hav already connected. I also tried to restart laptop. But it...
  6. Adding windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding windows hello pin: Hi there. I had problem about adding microsoft account to my win10 laptop. there was error like this : "you will need the internet". But i had already connected. It fixed after i restarted laptop. But, while adding win hello pin i faced it again. "you will need the...
  7. Adding a PIN

Adding a PIN: I have always used a PIN to log in to my computer without any problems, but since 2 days ago weird things happened. It started with saying the organisation wanted me to change my PIN due to security reasons. I found out where that was coming from and changed my PIN in the...
  8. Adding a PIN to Windows Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a PIN to Windows Login: My father is in his late 80s and only uses the PC we set up for him to contact us, so that we can see and talk to him using Skype to check he’s ok as we live 500 miles away. He has been using the same PC and way of logging in for years and, as his memory is failing a bit,...
  9. AD ISSUE

in Windows 10 Customization
    AD ISSUE: Bro Now I have two domain. when i do the replace. the secondary to the firstly. The system has some error 1.The DFS Replication service initialized SYSVOL at local path C:\Windows\SYSVOL\domain and is waiting to perform initial replication. The replicated folder will...
  10. PIN added but demands password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN added but demands password: I added a PIN to my Microsoft account. If the machine goes to screensaver from inactivity, then the PIN will unlock it (if connected to the internet). If I am offline though, or it wakes from sleep/reboots, then the PIN will give me the dialogue "You are offline. Please...