Windows 10: adding printer driver to computer

Discus and support adding printer driver to computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I add a driver to my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tammygordon1, Jul 23, 2019.

1. adding printer driver to computer

How do I add a driver to my computer.

:)

tammygordon1, Jul 23, 2019
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

adding printer driver to computer [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Printer not being added

Hello,

If you're unable to connect to your printer or print in Windows 10, we recommend following the steps in this
    article to try and fix the problem. Since you keep on getting the "Windows doesn't has a network
    profile for this device
    " error, we also suggest installing the driver for your printer. You can follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X > Device Manager.
    2. Click the drop-down menu for Printers > right-click on your printer's name > Properties.
    3. Go to Driver tab > Install > OK.
    4. Restart your computer after doing these steps.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Michelle Vil, Jul 23, 2019
  4. adding printer driver to computer

Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

adding printer driver to computer

1. adding printer driver to computer - Similar Threads - adding printer driver

2. Adding Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Printers: When I go to set up a printer I keep running into issues with the Microsoft sign-in. At first it tells me my account simply doesn't exist and then once I finally managed to sign in it tells me I can't access this function because I don't belong to an organization. This is my...
  3. Adding Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Printers: When I go to set up a printer I keep running into issues with the Microsoft sign-in. At first it tells me my account simply doesn't exist and then once I finally managed to sign in it tells me I can't access this function because I don't belong to an organization. This is my...
  4. adding a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding a printer: Im trying to connect a new wireless printer and its not showing up even under 'advanced search' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-printer/8ab36212-160f-40e6-9517-d3fb8eee0486
  5. Adding a printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a printer: I'm trying to connect a laptop to a printer but I have searched through the printers list and the one I want isn't there. Tried checking the 'add manually' but that does the same thing. Can you not just type in the make/model number that you want?...
  6. Adding a Printer to Desktop Computer

Adding a Printer to Desktop Computer: Adding Printer to Desktop Computer I have two Canon printers, PIXMA Model 480 and MG5721. I recently downloaded the drivers for model MG5721. I checked my Devices and Printers page and both were listed as follows: [img] I then selected Model 480 to be my default...
  7. Adding a Printer to Desktop Computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adding a Printer to Desktop Computer: Adding Printer to Desktop Computer I have two Canon printers, PIXMA Model 480 and MG5721. I recently downloaded the drivers for model MG5721. I checked my Devices and Printers page and both were listed as follows: [img] I then selected Model 480 to be my default...
  8. Adding Printer to Desktop Computer

Adding Printer to Desktop Computer: Adding Printer to Desktop Computer – I have two Canon printers, PIXMA Model 480 and MG5721. Both modelshad been listed under Devices and Printers as being on my computer. I checked my computer’s listing and now only Model 480 is listed. I tried searching to add either...
  9. adding printer

adding printer: Hello, My laptop running windows 10 keeps telling me it can not find the driver for my Kodal Verite 55 plus. I've gone to the Kodak site to download and it tells me it can't detect it. The printer says it's connected. Again it shows as installed on the Laptop but says no...
  10. adding printer

adding printer: How can I add a HP LaserJet 1320 Printer to my PC with Windows 10? It does not come up on a list of printers/drivers. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-printer/ce8ce848-30fc-405f-b505-0d982ba1251e