Windows 10: Adding Printer to Desktop Computer

Discus and support Adding Printer to Desktop Computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Adding Printer to Desktop Computer – I have two Canon printers, PIXMA Model 480 and MG5721. Both modelshad been listed under Devices and Printers as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jerry8AB, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Jerry8AB Win User

Adding Printer to Desktop Computer

Adding Printer to Desktop Computer –

I have two Canon printers, PIXMA Model 480 and MG5721. Both modelshad been listed under Devices and Printers as being on my computer.

I checked my computer’s listing and now only Model 480 is listed. I tried searching to add either model, and neither model was indicated as being on my computer.

However, if I want to print a document, both models do appear.

See screenshots.

How can I get both models listed under Devices and Printers?

Thanks,

Jerry

Adding Printer to Desktop Computer 01ea5849-3e2c-451d-b6b7-f07d2ac1536e?upload=true.png

Adding Printer to Desktop Computer f5e7af99-d015-4413-9dd1-f118285f7cb9?upload=true.png

Adding Printer to Desktop Computer f4ee43ca-2eb1-4568-adee-c4ef57c42f83?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jerry8AB, Nov 26, 2020
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

Adding Printer to Desktop Computer [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Nov 26, 2020
  3. trt740 Win User
    Need help connecting XP Laptop to Vista Desktop's Printer.

will try this

trt740, Nov 26, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Need help connecting XP Laptop to Vista Desktop's Printer.

Sorry , I think, I read wrong.*Slap :slap: Are you tring to connect wirelessly to the printer on the desktop and the printer is connected to the desktop thru usb or something?

Quoted from MS website:
    Sharing a printer

If you have a printer attached to one of your computers, you can print to it from any computer connected to your wireless network. To share a printer, follow these steps:

1. Log on to computer that has the printer attached to it.

2. Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.

3. Click the arrow button next to Printer sharing, click Turn on printer sharing, and then click Apply.

4. Click the arrow button next to Password protected sharing, click Turn off password protected sharing, and then click Apply.

Note

If you have password-protected sharing turned on, people will need a user account with a password on your computer to access your printer.

To access the printer from any computer on the network, follow these steps:

1. Open Network by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Network.

2. Double-click the icon for the computer that has the printer attached to it.

3. Double-click the icon for the printer. Windows will automatically add the printer to your computer and install the printer driver.

Troubleshoot network printer problems

Sorry again and goodluck*Smile Adding Printer to Desktop Computer :)

95Viper, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Adding Printer to Desktop Computer - Similar Threads - Adding Printer Desktop

2. Adding Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Printers: When I go to set up a printer I keep running into issues with the Microsoft sign-in. At first it tells me my account simply doesn't exist and then once I finally managed to sign in it tells me I can't access this function because I don't belong to an organization. This is my...
  3. Adding Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Printers: When I go to set up a printer I keep running into issues with the Microsoft sign-in. At first it tells me my account simply doesn't exist and then once I finally managed to sign in it tells me I can't access this function because I don't belong to an organization. This is my...
  4. adding a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding a printer: Im trying to connect a new wireless printer and its not showing up even under 'advanced search' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-printer/8ab36212-160f-40e6-9517-d3fb8eee0486
  5. Adding a printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a printer: I'm trying to connect a laptop to a printer but I have searched through the printers list and the one I want isn't there. Tried checking the 'add manually' but that does the same thing. Can you not just type in the make/model number that you want?...
  6. Adding a Printer to Desktop Computer

Adding a Printer to Desktop Computer: Adding Printer to Desktop Computer I have two Canon printers, PIXMA Model 480 and MG5721. I recently downloaded the drivers for model MG5721. I checked my Devices and Printers page and both were listed as follows: [img] I then selected Model 480 to be my default...
  7. Adding a Printer to Desktop Computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adding a Printer to Desktop Computer: Adding Printer to Desktop Computer I have two Canon printers, PIXMA Model 480 and MG5721. I recently downloaded the drivers for model MG5721. I checked my Devices and Printers page and both were listed as follows: [img] I then selected Model 480 to be my default...
  8. adding printer

adding printer: Hello, My laptop running windows 10 keeps telling me it can not find the driver for my Kodal Verite 55 plus. I've gone to the Kodak site to download and it tells me it can't detect it. The printer says it's connected. Again it shows as installed on the Laptop but says no...
  9. adding printer driver to computer

adding printer driver to computer: How do I add a driver to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-printer-driver-to-computer/ed9e16b1-8113-4c98-9ff4-b7837d8691a5
  10. adding printer

adding printer: How can I add a HP LaserJet 1320 Printer to my PC with Windows 10? It does not come up on a list of printers/drivers. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-printer/ce8ce848-30fc-405f-b505-0d982ba1251e