Windows 10: Adding RAM and XMP

Discus and support Adding RAM and XMP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Maybe this is better taken to a more niche forum, but I know there are some niche enthusiasts here who might be able to help me out. I've got an ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kbronski, Jan 29, 2016.

1. kbronski Win User

Adding RAM and XMP

Maybe this is better taken to a more niche forum, but I know there are some niche enthusiasts here who might be able to help me out. I've got an ASUS X99-A motherboard with 8 DIMM slots. I have a 16GB 4x4GB kit of HyperX Fury, and am thinking of buying a second, identical kit to add to boost myself up to 32GB while taking advantage of all 8 DIMM slots. What I'm curious about is whether this will negatively affect my XMP profiling. I am not overclocking the RAM, but I do want to keep it running at 2400MHz and not board-defaulted to 2133 if possible. It would basically be two dual channel kits in 8 DIMM slots, instead of one quad channel kit.

:)

kbronski, Jan 29, 2016
  2. MrAlec Win User

[SOLVED] Multiple BSOD, please help!

Forgot to get back to this post. But I solved the situation! It was XMP that was causing my errors. I disabled XMP and manually changed the timings of my RAM to get it back to the same speed and no errors ever since!

MrAlec, Jan 29, 2016
  3. LCRT Win User
    Lumia 1320 Camera image formats: XMP, JPEG/Exif

XMP isn't an image format. its metadata added to the images.

4. bobkn Win User

Adding RAM and XMP

I have the system listed in my specs. I have all 8 DIMM slots populated, and am using the XMP profile. The RAM runs at its nominal frequency (DDR4 2666).

I have had motherboards in the past where the RAM settings had to be dialed back a bit if all of the slot were used, but not this one. I'd expect the Asus to be OK as well.

Would you care to clarify your last sentence? Will you be running four dual channel kits, two quad channel kits, or one quad channel kit plus two dual channel kits?

bobkn, Jan 29, 2016
  5. kbronski Win User
    Sorry. The kit I have is 4x4GB. It is able to have an XMP profile for 2400MHz. If I add a second, identical 4x4GB kit to populate all 8 DIMM slots, will I be able to enable XMP to use all 8 DIMMs at the same (2400MHz) frequency?

kbronski, Jan 31, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    Probably. Works for me on my Asrock X99 board with a total of 8 Gskill DDR4 2666 DIMMs (two quad kits).

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adding RAM and XMP

1. Adding RAM and XMP - Similar Threads - Adding RAM XMP

2. Unable to enable XMP II and get what my ram is rated at

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable XMP II and get what my ram is rated at: I have an Asus Z590-A motherboard and a i9-11900K processor along with 2 G.Skill TridentZ Ram sticks. Each ram stick is capable of XMP 2.0 and measured at 8x2gb 3200 speed PER STICK so 32 gb of ram total. However, I am only getting speeds of 2133 and only receiving 8gb per...
  3. XMP issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XMP issue?: My ram speed was 2133MHz and after i enabled XMP my ram speed increased to 2666MHzMy ram is G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 3600MHzso why iam not getting my full ram speed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xmp-issue/ab2eaa62-f4d0-43dd-97e7-0fb94c5a1f0c
  4. XMP issue?

XMP issue?: My ram speed was 2133MHz and after i enabled XMP my ram speed increased to 2666MHzMy ram is G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 3600MHzso why iam not getting my full ram speed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xmp-issue/ab2eaa62-f4d0-43dd-97e7-0fb94c5a1f0c
  5. XMP issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. XMP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XMP: Hello, since i bought my laptop, it was very slow so i had to work with this for years until i just realized that xmp is not enable which means that for my laptop instead of using 4 gb ive actually been using 2gb of ram.So i went to my BIOS and checked everywhere but i coudnt...
  7. XMP

XMP: Hello, since i bought my laptop, it was very slow so i had to work with this for years until i just realized that xmp is not enable which means that for my laptop instead of using 4 gb ive actually been using 2gb of ram.So i went to my BIOS and checked everywhere but i coudnt...
  8. XMP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. adding ram

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding ram: I'm not very computer literate and I'm wondering about RAM. How can I find out how much RAM I can possibly add to my laptop. It's about three years old. It's an AMD A9-9410 Radeon R5 with 6gigs of RAM already installed. It's Windows10 64bit. Thanks for the help....
  10. Adding more "Ram" ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding more "Ram" ?: I noticed that my laptop could handle a little more "Ram" so i ran the Crucial info tool and the screenshot shows what options i have . I have an Asus U56e laptop which i believe came with 6 gigs of Ram , would going this route improve speed even by a small amount ?...