Windows 10: Adding recent items to start menu

Discus and support Adding recent items to start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystvearn, Aug 14, 2015.

1. mystvearn Win User

Adding recent items to start menu

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place.

Thanks.

:)

mystvearn, Aug 14, 2015
  2. wcndave2 Win User

The most used shows 6 applications that I have NEVER used.

Original Title: Start Menu Nonesense

In Windows 10, the start menu has most used, and recently added.

The most used shows 6 applications that I have NEVER used, and none of those I have.

The recently added - which has enough space for 20 items, shows ONLY the last one installed program

This used to work very nicely in Win7, looks to be complete nonsense in Win 10.

wcndave2, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Compupix Win User
    Add 'Quick Access' (Recent Items) to Start Menu

Microsoft:

Please bring back the ability to have the Quick Access or Recent Items list show up in the Start Menu. It is nice to have it in Files Explorer, but Files Explorer has to be closed when you are done. Having it as a menu that automatically closes is nicer.

Thanks.

Compupix, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  5. mystvearn Win User
    mystvearn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding recent items to start menu - Similar Threads - Adding recent items

2. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  3. Adding an item to the new context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding an item to the new context menu.: I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer...
  4. Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?: The same way recently added items are shown (or any other way that isnt just a shortcut)? I have the same question for the left pane in file explorer. Is it possible to show a list like quick acess with only recent items? I know quick access can show them too. Im just...
  5. See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu: I would like set my Win10 PC up similar to the way I have Windows 7 setup. I would like to see "Recent Items" and "Administrative Tools" on the Start Menu. Is there anyway to customize the start menu? 135642
  6. In start recently added items not uninstall.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In start recently added items not uninstall.: Several recently added software can not be uninstalled, moved. Caption says to try again in a few minutes, resulting with not removing selected software....
  7. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  8. Adding Start Menu items to existing user profiles

Adding Start Menu items to existing user profiles: Here's my current scenario... I have windows 10 1709 deployed to my organization via MDT. As part of the MDT deployment process I have implemented a specific start menu using the Import-StartLayout method in my task sequence. This has worked great and all my shortcuts...
  9. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  10. How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu: I have opened the Paint program add least 100 times in the past two days. It has never been added to the Most Used area of the Start Menu. What do I need to do to get Paint to show in Most Used on the Start Menu? 14565