Windows 10: Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

Discus and support Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I'm trying to add a replacement word for "tge" to "the" by adding it to the custom dictionary, and almost every google search returns pages giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zeno's Paradox, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

Hi,I'm trying to add a replacement word for "tge" to "the" by adding it to the custom dictionary, and almost every google search returns pages giving me instructions for MS Word. I'm referring to spelling in rich text format textboxes.I did manage to find the custom dictionary for the US language in:"C:\Users\<my name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-US," and I added "tgethe" in the default.dic, default.acl and the default.excThen I went into the "C:\Users\<my name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-LR" and added "tgethe" to 3 files in that folder.I do have "Check Spell

:)

Zeno's Paradox, Mar 18, 2024
Thema:

Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

1. Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD - Similar Threads - Adding replacement word

2. Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD: Hi,I'm trying to add a replacement word for "tge" to "the" by adding it to the custom dictionary, and almost every google search returns pages giving me instructions for MS Word. I'm referring to spelling in rich text format textboxes.I did manage to find the custom...
  3. Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding replacement word to custom.dic/acl/exc NOT IN WORD: Hi,I'm trying to add a replacement word for "tge" to "the" by adding it to the custom dictionary, and almost every google search returns pages giving me instructions for MS Word. I'm referring to spelling in rich text format textboxes.I did manage to find the custom...
  4. Remove automatic search word replacement

in Cortana
    Remove automatic search word replacement: Hello,Im found or come across often this kind issue when you serach someting in serach bar. When you serach someting windows remember your last used "words" or "serach words" & that okay i guess but, the real issue is that. When you write there new serach word & press...
  5. Find and Replace, Word, with wildcards?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Find and Replace, Word, with wildcards?: I'm trying to replace in a TXT files lines of the form: [email protected]com or [email protected] with @xyz.com or @xyz.org I can't seem to find the right combination of wildcards and other settings in Word 2013. Either nothing gets replaced, or I thousands of replacements...
  6. Search and Replace in Word and.or Excel

Search and Replace in Word and.or Excel: Windows 10 and Office 365 If I have a sentence in Word and I want to change a bit of text by adding something at the end of every sentence - eg Old text. to read Old text. New text. I can search for the paragraph marker using ^p and replace it with " New text.^p so that...
  7. Search and Replace in Word and.or Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search and Replace in Word and.or Excel: Windows 10 and Office 365 If I have a sentence in Word and I want to change a bit of text by adding something at the end of every sentence - eg Old text. to read Old text. New text. I can search for the paragraph marker using ^p and replace it with " New text.^p so that...
  8. Editing custom dictionary in Word

Editing custom dictionary in Word: I have found how to edit 'custom.dic' and have removed some oddities that had crept in. However one problem (that I know of) remains. In MSWord, I type the correct word and when I hit return it changes to an incorrect spelling (that I must have entered by mistake at some...
  9. Adding word(s) to a photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding word(s) to a photo: How can I add my name to a photo that I have taken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-words-to-a-photo/6c7e56f7-5dc7-46c8-8e10-dd1f90fd88c7
  10. microsoft word replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft word replacement: Microsoft word deleted when Windows 10 reinstalled. How do I replace? do not need Office. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-replacement/f32b997c-4a11-4636-aaa5-71f31ca07644