Windows 10: Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account"

Discus and support Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I hope this is the right group, I use two laptops, when I sign into my Microsoft Account, it is only showing one. I would like for it to show both. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GR1986, Aug 8, 2020.

1. GR1986 Win User

Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account"

I hope this is the right group, I use two laptops, when I sign into my Microsoft Account, it is only showing one. I would like for it to show both. But when I click add device it's only talking about xbox's, and such, is there any way to add a second computer.

:)

GR1986, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Vijay B Win User

Trouble adding a second Microsoft account to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

1. What is the exact and complete error message you get when you try to add second Microsoft account?

2. Do you have Internet connection enabled on the computer?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Sign in with a Microsoft account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Adding Second Email Account to Outlook

Hi Richard,

The Outlook.com supports multiple email account and aliases. How did you add your another account? You may check the steps provided
    here. Usually, the second account will appear under the primary account.
    If you're getting an error, we suggest that you try re-adding your second email.

Give us an update on the result and we will be glad to assist you further.

Joan Pin, Aug 8, 2020
  4. johnpd Win User

Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User

I noticed that my newer Windows 10 computer had not been added to my list of devices on my Microsoft Account so I attempted to add it, only to find out that apparently the computer must be logged in to a Microsoft account user in order to do this. I only have local accounts set up on my computers and I don't particularly want a Microsoft account user set up as I will never use it. With the latest Win10 versions apparently Microsoft wants all computers to have a Microsoft account user set up as they make it very difficult to set up a local user as the first account. Does anyone have any way around this? I am not sure what listing this device on your account buys you.

JohnD

johnpd, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Adding second computer to "Microsoft Account" - Similar Threads - Adding second computer

2. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  3. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  4. adding second account to Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    adding second account to Microsoft store: I have one Microsoft account account A linked to my PC, and I purchased an app, unintentionally using my other Microsoft account account B. I tried adding Account B as a family member in the PC's settings, but it still won't allow me to access the Microsoft store with Account...
  5. Adding a laptop to Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a laptop to Microsoft account: My daughter has just bought a new laptop and I want to register it to my account. "Add device" only lets me add Surface, x-box etc. only Microsoft devices. How do I add her PC?...
  6. Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding my Microsoft account to a repaired computer: I recently received my computer back from the ASUS repair shop. It had been returned to factory settings. I bought it in 2017. To log in I created a local account. I transferred my files back into the c and d drives. When I went into settings to add my Microsoft account...
  7. Adding a second hotmail account to mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a second hotmail account to mail: I have my primary hotmail account setup through Windows Mail for Windows 10 though when I try to add my secondary hotmail account to combine them into my inbox it just loads for hours saying creating account. I've tried different methods to add this account and have also...
  8. Adding funds to Microsoft account

Adding funds to Microsoft account: When trying to add funds to my son’s account i am getting an error message that there is a system issue and inshould try later. This is going on for a few days. Error message is similar when trying from my PC running Windows10 and iPhone iOS 13.5. Also getting the same...
  9. Computer will not boot after adding second HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not boot after adding second HDD: I added a new HDD to my desktop. My computer started fine, but did not pick up the new HDD, so I restarted my computer. However, it did not boot. I disconnected the new HDD, but it is still not booting. I keep coming to this screen. [img] I tried solving the issue using...
  10. Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.

Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.: I have three Computers listed under my Microsoft acct. I just want to add a forth one to it. I can't seem to add it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-computer-to-microsoft-account/44045e35-a970-4ad5-b7f8-75f3abb760ef"