Windows 10: Adding second SSD to desktop as first SSD is full

Discus and support Adding second SSD to desktop as first SSD is full in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. My current SSD is almost full on my desktop. The SSD is installed on the motherboard. I have purchased and installed a second SSD but a 2.5" as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Morgan&M, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Morgan&M Win User

Adding second SSD to desktop as first SSD is full

Hi.

My current SSD is almost full on my desktop. The SSD is installed on the motherboard. I have purchased and installed a second SSD but a 2.5" as the motherboard does not have space for a second SSD. How do I now work with this setup when the first SSD becomes full? Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Precision 3620. SSD on Motherboard is 256GB, 2.5" SSD is also 256GB. This is a temporary fix for running out of room until I can afford to buy new computers. Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

Morgan&M, Jan 10, 2020
  2. X-PhilS Win User

Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Jan 10, 2020
  3. ssd for desktop

can i use ssd for desktop even the voltage of the ssd is +5v___1.5A?

and if im not mistaken every power supply of a desktop has 12v sata power output.

thaks in advance. Adding second SSD to desktop as first SSD is full :)

-=jinoel=-, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Adding second SSD to desktop as first SSD is full

Adding SSD to Dell desktop and want to make it the boot drive

Adding M.2 SSD to Dell desktop. Can't believe how hard it is to make this the boot drive!

Have tried AOMEI, Micrium, EaseUS

Win 10, Silicon Power M.2 120GB M55 SSD, 1GB HDD, Core i3-8100 CPU.

jharris402, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Adding second SSD to desktop as first SSD is full

1. Adding second SSD to desktop as first SSD is full - Similar Threads - Adding second SSD

2. New SSD added

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD added: Clone the windows drive or fresh installation of Windows in Windows 10.....which one is best???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ssd-added/54c41e59-c688-4551-b1fa-d17a47349518
  3. Adding a second SSD and making it the primary and boot drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding a second SSD and making it the primary and boot drive: Unsure if this is the best place but I am trying to figure out how to best configure my storage for my Laptop. It has 2 NVMe Slots. Originally came with 500GB drive Added my own 1TB WD drive to empty NVME Slot Very little data on the original drive, most are in one...
  4. second ssd dissappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second ssd dissappears: The second SSD M.2 will disappear randomly after using the DELL XPS 15. It comes up fine and after about an hour maybe haven't timed it it will just go away. I swapped SSDs with another and same thing. This has only started happening in the last couple days since the last...
  5. Added a second NVMMe ssd 500gb to my PC

Added a second NVMMe ssd 500gb to my PC: The new drive is NOT replacing my other NVMe which windows 10 is on. I just put it in it's socket and booted but it took ages to get to the uefi bios screen but then it just did nothing! the uefi bios screen stays up but i cant get into the bios and it won't continue to boot...
  6. Added a second NVMMe ssd 500gb to my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Added a second NVMMe ssd 500gb to my PC: The new drive is NOT replacing my other NVMe which windows 10 is on. I just put it in it's socket and booted but it took ages to get to the uefi bios screen but then it just did nothing! the uefi bios screen stays up but i cant get into the bios and it won't continue to boot...
  7. adding an SSD Disk

adding an SSD Disk: Hi, I have windows installed on my 1TB HDD, now I wanted to extend the capacity of my pc by installing an 500GB M.2 Sata SSD. After the Hardware was installed in the PC, the bios won't recognize my HDD anymore. If I remove the SSD, it recognize it again. I tried all...
  8. Adding an SSD

Adding an SSD: Hi everyone, haven't posted anything in a long while. Although I haven't got a problem per se, more of a technical question - I would like to add an SSD to my workstation that has a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard but I'm not sure it's possible. I essentially would like to...
  9. Full SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full SSD: I am too tired from windows 10, suddenly my SSD disk is almost full from 32 free GB i have 2 GB and i did not download anything at all. Do you know how i fix this problem?? Thank you!!...
  10. SSD Drive Full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Drive Full: So my 240GB SSD Drive that came with my PC is full and I purchased a new 500GB SSD but I can't seem to install most new programs to it. I remember my older computers always giving you the option to install to any location you wanted but it seems to automatically put...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add second ssd to desktop