Windows 10: Adding Self Signed Cert to Chrome ?

Discus and support Adding Self Signed Cert to Chrome ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I run a local linux web server and it has a self signed certificate on it. Every few days when I access it I get: Your connection is not private... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TomT, May 26, 2020.

1. TomT Win User

Adding Self Signed Cert to Chrome ?

Hi

I run a local linux web server and it has a self signed certificate on it.
    Every few days when I access it I get:

Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 192.168.0.100 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn moreNET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

If I proceed, then it's fine for a few days.
    Access is only available to this server from internal devices, it's not Internet facing.

Is there any way I can add that cert to Chrome so I no longer get these warnings ?
    If so... How ?

Thanks

:)

2. How to add self-signed certificate to my PC?

My PC is Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have Edge and Chrome browsers installed.

I installed my firewall's Certificate Authority into the windows certificate store by going to MMC, adding Certificates, and adding it to the Trusted Root CA. I now see my firewall root CA as (firewallCA).

Now I created a CNAME in my DNS to access my firewall as fw.example.com which only resolves internally. I then generated on my firewall a self-signed certificate. Once created, I downloaded the certificate and also added it to the MMC->Certificates.

I can now open IE or Edge and go to https://fw.example.com and not get a certificate error. However, if I use Chrome, I still get the error. I went to the Chrome advanced settings and see the firewallCA listed, but not the self-signed cert. I guess I have to add it manually, but I want it to apply to any user on this PC. How can I add the self-signed cert to Chrome for all users?

throwmedowntheriver4444, May 26, 2020
  3. mobiguy Win User
    Cert is self-signed, not expired.

The certificate is not expired. In fact, it was issued October 2, 2015 and expires September 29, 2025. The problem is that it is self signed, issued to (and by) GreenWave Systems.

Apparently GreenWave is big enough to supply routers nationwide for Verizon, but they can't afford to pay a legitimate CA for a real cert.

Maybe Verizon should charge us more for their service. They could pass a little of that money to GreenWave so they could protect us like a real business does.

mobiguy, May 26, 2020
  4. Adding Self Signed Cert to Chrome ?

Creating a self-signed cert and trusting it for windows RDP (no domain)

I can use windows RDP to remote control my home PC (through a VPN), but I always get this warning:

Adding Self Signed Cert to Chrome ? wodN5.png

Do I need to manually generate a self signed cert and install it?

Or has this already happened and can I trust the one that it is already providing?

Does "Don't ask me again for connections to this computer" do this?, or does this just check the name and bypass checking the certificate at all?

I still want to use the self signed certificate for verification. I just want my laptop to trust the self-signed cert.

I'm on windows 10.

Tom Jenkinson, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Adding Self Signed Cert to Chrome ?

1. Adding Self Signed Cert to Chrome ? - Similar Threads - Adding Self Signed

2. old certs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old certs: i need to print my old mta certs windows 7 certs and fundamentals from old emails i no longer have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-certs/549ba35e-9528-4e3c-8424-c3fb005dd0a6
  3. old certs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    old certs: i need to print my old mta certs windows 7 certs and fundamentals from old emails i no longer have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-certs/549ba35e-9528-4e3c-8424-c3fb005dd0a6
  4. Adding sign-in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding sign-in options: Hello. I had removed the pin option to sign in a while back and because of that my fingerprint sign-in has been removed, and the password is the only way to sign in. However, I cannot add more fingerprints add/change pins and passwords in the "sign-in options" in settings....
  5. Smartscreen triggers despite application signed with EV-code signing cert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smartscreen triggers despite application signed with EV-code signing cert: Has anyone seen an issue where an application signed with an EV code signing cert still gets flagged by Windows smartscreen? I've spent hours with the support team of my certificate provider, and they are stumped on the issue. They say that everything looks good with the cert...
  6. Authenticode cert

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Authenticode cert: My tech support is running security check and finding Authenticodetm Root certificate expiration.What is this, is this legit, why would it expire, and what are my options?...
  7. Digital signing cert validity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Digital signing cert validity: Why is it when I download Windows 10 Media Creator from microsoft.com/en-ca/software… and then do a Right click on the file properties | Seclect digital signatures | Click on General tab and View Certificate here it shows valid from 7/12/2018 to 8/8/2019 [ATTACH]...
  8. digi cert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    digi cert: In windows 10 How do I remove DigiCert from my computer? They are evil and interfere with my facebook videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/digi-cert/f75c189e-5a97-4270-a926-55f534408b62
  9. Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome: Hi, Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading? I heard that Chrome can't prevent the ads from getting downloaded, but that is a long time back now. Regards, L 82736
  10. Problems adding bookmarks to Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Problems adding bookmarks to Chrome: All of my bookmarks were imported from Firefox to Chrome. When I opened Chrome they were labeled "Bookmarks" until today when I tried to add a new bookmark. Now my options are "Imported from Firefox" and the new bookmark (folder) sits beside that one. But when I try to add...