Windows 10: Adding SharePoint folder to Windows Explorer quick access

Discus and support Adding SharePoint folder to Windows Explorer quick access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've done it once but don't remember how I did it! Somehow I have managed to connect a folder in a SharePoint site to my Windows Explorer so that when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VLHead, Dec 7, 2018.

1. VLHead Win User

Adding SharePoint folder to Windows Explorer quick access

I've done it once but don't remember how I did it! Somehow I have managed to connect a folder in a SharePoint site to my Windows Explorer so that when I'm looking for a file, it shows up in the list just like Quick Access, OneDrive, This PC and Network. Can someone help me?

Thank you!

:)

VLHead, Dec 7, 2018
  2. l1willia Win User

Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way my company set up SharePoint.

Our IT Department told me to add a shortcut instead of a direct link, I'm not finding any info on how to do that. I tried creating a folder, pinning it, then adding a shortcut within that folder, but it doesn't show a list of files in the library, it's literally a shortcut to the library.

My questions are:
    1. Has anybody successfully pinned SharePoint libraries to Quick Access and renamed in that list them without renaming them in SharePoint?

2. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to avoid a list of folders called "Shared."

l1willia, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Quick Access Link to Sharepoint folders

In File Explorer/Quick Access, I have a link to our Sharepoint folders. If I click on this link I receive a "You might not have permission to use this network resource." If from within the Quick Access pane, I first click on a Recently Used file located
    in that Sharepoint folder and then click on the folder it opens as it should and I can navigate it.

Is Quick Access unable to apply my credentials as a security feature or is there some setting that I can change to correct this?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Sapp, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding SharePoint folder to Windows Explorer quick access - Similar Threads - Adding SharePoint folder

2. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  3. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  4. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  6. Remove Folder That Have Not Been Added To Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Folder That Have Not Been Added To Quick Access: So I started using the quick access menu on the side of window explorer. However, there are always certain folders that appear there that I have not made quick access and it is a tedious process of removing the folder until a semi-important folder takes its place or I simply...
  7. Windows Explorer Quick Access

Windows Explorer Quick Access: Is there a way to indent or nest items in Quick Access? You know, similar to what it does in the lower half of the sidebar when you expand a folder. Sure would help organize it... Thanks!...
  8. Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in...: Just got upgraded to Win10 PRO from Win7 PRO at work. I work for an Architect where there are multiple projects where primary folder is unique, and there is a subfolder I need to open up within each projects. The subfolder for each project is labelled 'Specs'. In Windows 7 I...
  9. Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer

Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer: Wanting to remove Quick Access in Explorer, was instructed to change value of LaunchTo from 1 to 0 . LaunchTo is not in my registry according to the below pic. 128785
  10. Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Menu/SharePoint: From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add sharepoint to file explorer

2. how to add sharepoint to file explorer

3. add sharepoint to quick access

4. add sharepoint folder to file explorer,
  5. adding sharepoint to file explorer,
  6. how to add sharepoint to quick access,
  7. sharepoint folder in explorer,
  8. adding sharepoint to quick access,
  9. sharepoint file explorer,
  10. add sharepoint folder to explorer,
  11. sharepoint in file explorer,