Windows 10: Adding shortcut icon to the start menu

Discus and support Adding shortcut icon to the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have created a powershell script for a custom shutdown. Is it possible to add the shortcut icon to the start menu. See image. [img] 159199 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by duceduc, Jun 23, 2020.

1. duceduc Win User

Adding shortcut icon to the start menu

I have created a powershell script for a custom shutdown. Is it possible to add the shortcut icon to the start menu. See image.

Adding shortcut icon to the start menu [​IMG]

:)

duceduc, Jun 23, 2020

2. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jun 23, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Adding shortcut icon to the start menu prob.jpg

psyko12, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Adding shortcut icon to the start menu - Similar Threads - Adding shortcut icon

2. Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut: I managed to put WhatsApp shortcut in "Send To Menu"; to help in sending attachments directly from their folders. When I open the menu folder, I find the shortcut there, but when I try to R-Click > Send To a file, the short cut is not there in the menu. How can I fix this?...
  3. Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu: Gotta be doing something wrong.Have a program "FATSorter.exe." Found it in the C:/Program Files x86 directory. Right clicked on it > Create shortcut and added the shortcut to my desktop. Right clicked on the desktop icon for the shortcut and >Pin to Start Menu. Evidently, I...
  4. Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu: Gotta be doing something wrong.Have a program "FATSorter.exe." Found it in the C:/Program Files x86 directory. Right clicked on it > Create shortcut and added the shortcut to my desktop. Right clicked on the desktop icon for the shortcut and >Pin to Start Menu. Evidently, I...
  5. adding shortcut icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  6. adding shortcut icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  7. Missing icon in added app shortcut in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icon in added app shortcut in Start Menu: Hi I have added a new apps shortcut in Start menu via shell:AppsFolder->Desktop Shortcut->Start menu shortcut, but I have 2 issues: 1 - shortcut in menu does not show the app icon 2- app does not appear in search result 2.1 - i have deleted an rebuild the search index...
  8. Adding Internet Explorer Shortcut to Start Menu

in Browsers and Email
    Adding Internet Explorer Shortcut to Start Menu: Thanks for taking a look at my issue. I am trying to add the IE shortcut to my start-menu but I am finding it very difficult. I found some instructions online but they seem very complicated given that I am able to add other shortcuts with ease. Thanks! 117120
  9. Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu: Whenever I move shortcuts to a folder in the Start Menu, a lot of times the icon turns into what appears to be a white blank sheet of paper. I've tried changing the icon, to no avail. They show up just fine in the Start Menu, just not in File Explorer. How do I fix this? 82451
  10. Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu: Hello. I have a new 2-1 table computer, which my kid is using. I would like to have youtube as an large icon in start menu (to pin it etc..). Is it possible (I assume that google is not good friend of Microsoft ...) Cheers 71483