Windows 10: adding shortcut icons to desktop

Discus and support adding shortcut icons to desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maryanne 2022, Oct 2, 2022.

1. adding shortcut icons to desktop

How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11

:)

Maryanne 2022, Oct 2, 2022

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 2, 2022
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Oct 2, 2022
  4. adding shortcut icons to desktop

Adding shortcut to desktop from web page

Hi,

Please let us know, which browser are you using to do so?

Follow the steps below to create shortcuts of websites on the Desktop:

• When you are viewing a website, right click on the web page and select the Create Shortcut option. The shortcut will be placed on the Desktop.
    • You can also right click the Desktop and select New/Shortcut. In the Location Box, paste the URL to the website.
    • Click Next and Name the shortcut and Click Finish.
    • You can also drag the Icon at the left end of the Address Bar and drop it on the Desktop, when viewing a website to create a shortcut.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

adding shortcut icons to desktop

1. adding shortcut icons to desktop - Similar Threads - adding shortcut icons

2. adding shortcut icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  3. Desktop shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut icons: There is a well-publicized registry hack to hide the little "arrows" on desktop icons to signify that it's a shortcut rather than an application, but I've found this hack to be unreliable - after a reboot all the icons are, as often as not, just blank. Deleting the icon cache...
  4. Desktop, icons and shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop, icons and shortcuts.: What if I am rearranging the icons on my desktop screen continuously over a 100 times either by their name or by their size, will it corrupt my games and other files, icons and shortcuts on the desktop screen or change their actual file location? Will it affect my games,...
  5. Desktop, icons and shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop, icons and shortcuts.: What if I am rearranging the icons on my desktop screen continuously over a 100 times either by their name or by their size, will it corrupt my games and other files, icons and shortcuts on the desktop screen or change their actual file location? Plz help! .........
  6. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: In Windows 10 My icons have disappeared.The names of the items are still there and I can click on them to access the programme.But the icon pictures are not showing.I have done personalislation/Themes/desktop items but with no success.I have even done System Restore but no...
  7. ADDING SHORTCUTS TO DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADDING SHORTCUTS TO DESKTOP?: How can I add shortcut icons to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcuts-to-desktop/b301b867-44bf-4359-be5e-f8d71848b834
  8. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Desktop Shortcut Icons: How do I give a standard user permission to add/delete desktop shortcuts/icons by the drag-drop method? New HP All-In-One, W-10 Home. Standard user not able to drag programs/web pages onto the desktop to create a shortcut. I can do it in Admin, but standard user cannot, nor...
  9. Adding a shortcut to my desktop

Adding a shortcut to my desktop: I want to add a shortcut icon to my desktop to access the website pandora.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-shortcut-to-my-desktop/b9421c36-2e19-4483-b727-85c5e8feb628
  10. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: Hello, Recently I noticed some small icons added over my desktop shortcuts. The icons were always clean, I even managed to remove the arrows once. Now there is over them sort of couple of human figures, as on attached screenshot. How to remove it so the icons will be clean...