Windows 10: Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in...

Discus and support Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just got upgraded to Win10 PRO from Win7 PRO at work. I work for an Architect where there are multiple projects where primary folder is unique, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CR Vandecar, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in...

Just got upgraded to Win10 PRO from Win7 PRO at work. I work for an Architect where there are multiple projects where primary folder is unique, and there is a subfolder I need to open up within each projects. The subfolder for each project is labelled 'Specs'. In Windows 7 I could create a shortcut to each 'Specs' folder, and then customize the name for the shortcut, and drag it into Favorites (now called Quick Access in Windows 10) in File Explorer. I have to access the files in these folders on and off over the course of many months. Not always every one on every day. I'm not sure the 'Pick up where you left off' feature is going to be very useful as a workaround.

In Windows 10 dragging a shortcut into Quick access is not allowed. WHY ON EARTH WAS THIS FEATURE REMOVED?

If I try to use the Pin to Quick access feature, I end up with 12 folders that are all labelled 'Specs', and there is no opportunity to create an alias for the folder name. If I go into the Properties for these pinned items it will rename the actual folder name, which is NOT good, as we are a department of 50 employees and the folder name 'Specs' must remain as is within each folder structure. If I could create an Alias for each entry in the Quick access list that only applies to my view, that would be an acceptable alternative to not being able to use shortcuts in Quick access.

I am really surprised and disheartened that Microsoft has removed a really useful feature! Any suggestions appreciated.

:)

CR Vandecar, Apr 26, 2019
  2. jsacks Win User

Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list.

Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option "pin to quick access" does nothing and there is no option in right click list to "pin to quick access" or even "pin to start" for a .lnk file.

jsacks, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Can't pin any folder to Quick access in file explorer

This fixed Quick Access for me too and I can now pin folders to Quick Access without the "The parameter is incorrect" error. This fix also brought the "Locked" category with the Quick Access folders to the right click menu of the taskbar icon for File Explorer.
    Before this fix I had nothing but "File Explorer", "Unpin from taskbar" and "Close window" showing when right clicking on the taskbar icon. I'm currently missing the "Recent files" category and the ability to pin files or folders to the taskbar. When trying
    to pin a file to the taskbar it only shows up in the Quick Access folder.

DevilsSnare, Apr 26, 2019
  4. ThePhinx Win User

Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in...

File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..

You can "Pin to Quick Access" the "Recent" folder in Windows 10. But the "Recent" folder is hidden when you "Save As" from an application, which is very annoying. So here is the fix to get Recent Items showing in Save As dialog boxes:

1) Optional step: In File Explorer, if you have already pinned the "Recent" folder to Quick Access, right-click "Recent" and select "Unpin from Quick Access"

Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in... [​IMG]

2) Start a Command Prompt
    3) Copy and paste the entire following line into the Command Prompt, and then press Enter:
    mklink /j "%USERPROFILE%\Recent Items" %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in... [​IMG]

4) Close the Command Prompt window
    5) Back to File Explorer, either click on your Username under Desktop, or browse to C:\Users\<username>
    6) You'll notice there is a new yellow shortcut named "Recent Items". Right-click it and choose "Pin to Quick Access"
    7) "Recent Items" will now appear under Quick Access.

8) "Recent Items" will also now appear under Quick Access when you use the "Save As" dialog box from any Windows 10 application.

All done! *Party

-

ThePhinx, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in...

1. Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in... - Similar Threads - Adding shortcuts File

2. can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer: Hi, i just uninstall Onedrive from pc and suddenly i can´t Pin Images and Documents folder to quick access, It give me the option but when you click don´t happen anything. Any solution???...
  3. can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer: Hi, i just uninstall Onedrive from pc and suddenly i can´t Pin Images and Documents folder to quick access, It give me the option but when you click don´t happen anything. Any solution???...
  4. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  5. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  6. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  7. custom folders in quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom folders in quick access: Is it possible to have unique Icons for custom folders in quick access or if I change the icon will they all have the same changed Icon? [img] 169036
  8. Adding SharePoint folder to Windows Explorer quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding SharePoint folder to Windows Explorer quick access: I've done it once but don't remember how I did it! Somehow I have managed to connect a folder in a SharePoint site to my Windows Explorer so that when I'm looking for a file, it shows up in the list just like Quick Access, OneDrive, This PC and Network. Can someone help me?...
  9. File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..: So File Explorer Quick Access shows Recent Folders, because I pinned it to be there: [img] But, when you go to "Save as" dialog box, Recent Folders inexplicably disappears from Quick Access: [img] Why is that? How can I fix it so that "Save as" and "Open" show...
  10. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. porting explorer quick access

2. mklink /j %USERPROFILE%\Recent Items %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

3. add sharepoint to windows explorer

4. pin teams to quick access,
  5. add sharepoint to file explorer in windows 10,
  6. how to add sharepoint link to quick access,
  7. add sharepoint shortcut to windows explorer,
  8. add sharepoint link to windows explorer,
  9. add sharepoint to file explorer,
  10. how to pin sharepoint online to windows explorer quick access,
  11. add sharepoint folder to explorer,