Windows 10: Adding shortcuts to navigation pane

Discus and support Adding shortcuts to navigation pane in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello In the past I had managed to add shortcuts in my Computer/Video folder in my navigation pane the left vertical bar, but I don't remember how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Oli_vi_er, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Oli_vi_er Win User

Adding shortcuts to navigation pane

Hello

In the past I had managed to add shortcuts in my Computer/Video folder in my navigation pane the left vertical bar, but I don't remember how to do this.

Be careful, I'm not talking about putting shortcuts in Quick Access I never use that.

Here's a screenshot it's a montage of three captures showing my navigation pane with the shortcuts in the Videos folder, as well as the settings for Thriller the new shortcut I want to see in the pane and Action the old shortcut that appears in the pane as I want.
    You will find that the settings for the Action shortcut is very different from a normal shortcut.

Sorry that it's in French, I hope you'll recognise the fields.

Adding shortcuts to navigation pane 82afef3b-0059-43f3-a54f-5a75659a2009?upload=true.jpg

Please tell me how to do this, or give me a link to the method.

Regards.

:)

Oli_vi_er, Sep 15, 2020
  2. amymor Win User

add custom shortcuts to navigation pane

hello
    is there a way to adding custom files shortcut (not folders shortcut) to navigation pane? for example i want to add a shourtcut from explorer.exe to my navigatin pane.i knew about adding custom folders or control panel items to navigation pane,but my question is about shortcut from a exe file.so is it possible?
    thanks

amymor, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Adding PowerShell Desktop to Navigation Pane?

Winaero Tweaker...

Adding shortcuts to navigation pane [​IMG]

Adding shortcuts to navigation pane [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Adding shortcuts to navigation pane

Adding PowerShell Desktop to Navigation Pane?

Thank you Edwin, I am aware of that however doing so moves all shortcuts in the navigation pane under 'Desktop'. This includes shortcuts that are not actually on the desktop but are in the navigation pane (i.e. Dropbox and in your screenshot Onedrive) as well as any files you have on your desktop appear in the navigation pane making it very cluttered and populated if your desktop is not clean.

I am wondering if there is a way to make Desktop appear in the navigation pane whilst "Show all folders" is disabled, and would actually open shell:desktop. I suspect it's as f14tomcat says, not possible?

I think I will have to compromise in that case. I like the way you set up your navigation pane, how did you make the shortcut "Edwin's folders" and populated it?

MirkyWoodsJake, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Adding shortcuts to navigation pane

1. Adding shortcuts to navigation pane - Similar Threads - Adding shortcuts navigation

2. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  3. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  6. add custom shortcuts to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    add custom shortcuts to navigation pane: hello is there a way to adding custom files shortcut (not folders shortcut) to navigation pane? for example i want to add a shourtcut from explorer.exe to my navigatin pane.i knew about adding custom folders or control panel items to navigation pane,but my question is about...
  7. Adding PowerShell Desktop to Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding PowerShell Desktop to Navigation Pane?: Hey all. Is there a way to add "Desktop" in file explorer's navigation pane as it's own shortcut? Currently the only way to do that is through quick access, and even then for some reason it does not show the following icons if you have enabled them on desktop (This PC,...
  8. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  9. Navigation Pane Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Blank: Hi guys, Got this weird issue that's started today, for some reason my navigation pane is blank.... [img] 38052
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888