Windows 10: Adding SSD As New Boot/Primary Drive While HDD Is Used For Storage In Laptop.

Discus and support Adding SSD As New Boot/Primary Drive While HDD Is Used For Storage In Laptop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I make an SSD NVMePCIe M.2 as your new boot drive while not getting rid of my HDD. I want to use my HDD for storage but do not want to format it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trickstar Paradise, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Adding SSD As New Boot/Primary Drive While HDD Is Used For Storage In Laptop.

How do I make an SSD NVMePCIe M.2 as your new boot drive while not getting rid of my HDD. I want to use my HDD for storage but do not want to format it or anything I want to keep it in my laptop and just have the important stuff like windows windows 10, steam, and a few other things that would make my computer experience better and faster that having an SSD brings.

Basically I'm upgrading my laptop to have a second drive SSD Install Windows 10 on it and want to know how to make it the main one instead of my HDD and only have HDD as storage.

For more info, My HDD already has windows 10 on it and the laptop I'm upgrading is an Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM and the SSD I'm adding is a Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2.

:)

Trickstar Paradise, Mar 29, 2020

2. SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not boot.

Does the system boot with just the SSD connected?

Yes, the system boots only with SSD connected.

HenrySteinberg, Mar 29, 2020
  3. SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not boot.

Does the system boot with just the SSD connected?

Frederik Long, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Adding SSD As New Boot/Primary Drive While HDD Is Used For Storage In Laptop.

want to make SSD primary boot drive and move HDD to storage.

I recently purchased a 250gb SSD and I want to install windows 10 on it to become my primary boot hdd, then make my existing HDD purlely for storage.

I am just wondering what the best way to go about making this transition would be.

QuinnAmbrai, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Adding SSD As New Boot/Primary Drive While HDD Is Used For Storage In Laptop.

1. Adding SSD As New Boot/Primary Drive While HDD Is Used For Storage In Laptop. - Similar Threads - Adding SSD Boot

2. Moving all of SSD storage to a new HDD empty drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving all of SSD storage to a new HDD empty drive: Hello, I'm using an HP Elitebook 840 G3, and my SSD has been very slow lately. My PC takes about a minute and a half to boot, and it started to lag, so I bought a new drive that is an HDD, and I want to move everything from the SSD to it, including users folder and the other...
  3. Moving all of SSD storage to a new HDD empty drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving all of SSD storage to a new HDD empty drive: Hello, I'm using an HP Elitebook 840 G3, and my SSD has been very slow lately. My PC takes about a minute and a half to boot, and it started to lag, so I bought a new drive that is an HDD, and I want to move everything from the SSD to it, including users folder and the other...
  4. Moving all of SSD storage to a new HDD empty drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing a new version of windows on SSD while using existing HDD as storage.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a new version of windows on SSD while using existing HDD as storage.: As said in the title, I am trying to install a new version of windows 10 onto my SSD but want to use my existing HDD as a storage drive. My HDD is currently running windows but I have been having troubles recently so I decided to buy a new copy using windows 10 pro but want...
  6. Adding a second SSD and making it the primary and boot drive

Adding a second SSD and making it the primary and boot drive: Unsure if this is the best place but I am trying to figure out how to best configure my storage for my Laptop. It has 2 NVMe Slots. Originally came with 500GB drive Added my own 1TB WD drive to empty NVME Slot Very little data on the original drive, most are in one...
  7. How to use SSD for OS and HDD as storage???

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use SSD for OS and HDD as storage???: I am currently running the newest version of windows 10 and I have an SSD for my OS only and a HDD as storage. And every time I install a program it defaults to install on the SSD. I have changed the storage settings in windows so that apps and so on go will to the HDD but...
  8. want to make SSD primary boot drive and move HDD to storage.

want to make SSD primary boot drive and move HDD to storage.: I made the mistake of using AOMEI, to decrease the size of one partition, while increasing the size of the other. Simple enough. What I hadn't counted on was: this program, apparently, is at liberty to rearrange one's drive letters! Now, even though my partitions were...
  9. SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...: Hello! I took my old HDD from my broken computer and inserted it to my new one as storage drive. My primary drive is SSD and windows boots from it every time, but first time I inserted HDD, the computer booted up with no problems, but after a second restart, my computer is...
  10. SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage drive: I've researched high and low for a simple solution. I remember doing this on windows 7 with a registry hack back in the day, and it worked flawlessly. This is what I would like to do. I have a 500 gig SSD and a 1TB HDD. I would like all 600 gigs of user data to be on the HDD...