Windows 10: Adding the ability to call contacts from "People" app

Discus and support Adding the ability to call contacts from "People" app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello There is a new Windows feature that let's you to call via "Your Phone" app. It is cool. But there's something missing. In "People" app which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ebrahim Karimi, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Adding the ability to call contacts from "People" app

Hello

There is a new Windows feature that let's you to call via "Your Phone" app. It is cool. But there's something missing. In "People" app which contacts are, there is an option to call them via Skype but there is no option to call via Phone.

Please add a feature to call Windows contacts directly from People app.

Thanks

:)

Ebrahim Karimi, Feb 2, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Unlink combined contacts - People app

Hi Ninaco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The People app is your address book. Combine contacts is a feature to link duplicates to a single contact to avoid confusion. To overcome the issue you’re facing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below:

Method 1

Unlink Contacts:

• Open People app, click on the contact that is linked, and select
      See More on the right pane.
    • Click on Separate for the contact you want to unlink.

Method 2

Reset People app:

If you’ve multiple contacts that are linked, resetting People app would unlink contacts and put everything in place.

• Exit People app, if open.
    • Open Settings and click on Apps.
    • Locate People app on the right pane and choose
      Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

Once reset is complete, open People app to see if the contacts are still linked.

For more information regarding People app, refer People app help

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Adding the ability to call contacts from "People" app

Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Adding the ability to call contacts from "People" app

1. Adding the ability to call contacts from "People" app - Similar Threads - Adding ability call

2. Adding a gmail contact in the Windows App People doesn't transfer to Google Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a gmail contact in the Windows App People doesn't transfer to Google Contacts: My Windows People App is connected to two accounts - one Hotmail, one Gmail.I added a contact through it to the Gmail account and synchronized. However, when I connect to my Google account, the new contact doesn't show up there and so I can't use it on my Android phone.This...
  3. Removing Xbox contacts from People app ?

Removing Xbox contacts from People app ?: I have imported my google account contacts in the People app after that when I opened the app again I saw that some of my Xbox friends were showing up I had the same problem even on my previous Windows 10 installation and I have it again. When I try to delete a Xbox contact...
  4. Adding Contacts from an IMAP account to the Windows 10 People App

Adding Contacts from an IMAP account to the Windows 10 People App: Here in the UK many people have an email address provided by the main telco which is BT. This email address ends in @btinternet.com. It can be used via POP or IMAP but increasingly people are using IMAP. Over time these people have added the email addresses of contacts to...
  5. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  6. Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail

Adding a contact to the people app from Windows 10 Mail: I am using Windows 10 Mail. I want to add a contact to the people app from an email. At this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14103/windows-people-app-help, I found the following information: If you're using the Mail app, you can save a contact from an email...
  7. Delete contacts from People App

Delete contacts from People App: I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this, please help me out. Thanks...
  8. Delete contacts from people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete contacts from people app: When I try to delete contacts from people app the delete option is grayed out. How can I delete these old contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-contacts-from-people-app/01c45ead-10d5-4de6-a386-409b408b8720
  9. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  10. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a