Windows 10: Adding the extra default apps to the .bat file.

Discus and support Adding the extra default apps to the .bat file. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have brought this up before. The present .bat commands are incomplete. I just reinstalled Windows 10 so I took a picture to show how I know and what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SightUp, Jan 13, 2020.

1. SightUp Win User

Adding the extra default apps to the .bat file.

I have brought this up before. The present .bat commands are incomplete. I just reinstalled Windows 10 so I took a picture to show how I know and what I'd like to see updated, a before and after picture using CCleaner as it shows and allows you to uninstall what we cannot on our own.

As you can see from the pictures, this is after the .bat script that is also attached has been ran.

apps.bat

:)

SightUp, Jan 13, 2020

2. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

By default, commands in a .bat file are echoed to the screen as they are executed. The @ sign in a .bat file says 'don't echo the command on this line'. The REM command is a 'remark' (all text that follows is a comment and not an executable command line). That line is therefore not shown on screen when you run the .bat and is just there to tell you what the purpose of the .bat file is.

4. SightUp Win User

Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Awesome. Two questions.

First, does "@rem Remove Apps" need to be on top? Or was that something extra that was added when I downloaded the original .bat?

Second, in the guide, it says "(To only remove XXX app from new accounts created afterwards)" Does this mean that it removes the package folder so it would actually end up saving space?

SightUp, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Adding the extra default apps to the .bat file. - Similar Threads - Adding extra default

2. Why can't I set a default App for .bat files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I set a default App for .bat files?: I have read this question, as I also use vim for my editinghttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-default-app-for-filetypes-not-listed/b01cb589-f8e2-4186-a0f6-02ee0f15babeand searched and you can change the default open app for .bat files but have...
  3. Why can't I set a default App for .bat files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I set a default App for .bat files?: I have read this question, as I also use vim for my editinghttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-default-app-for-filetypes-not-listed/b01cb589-f8e2-4186-a0f6-02ee0f15babeand searched and you can change the default open app for .bat files but have...
  4. Trying to edit a .bat file but can't assign default app what's happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to edit a .bat file but can't assign default app what's happening?: Searched .bat and nothing showed up. Right clicking does not give option to "open with" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-edit-a-bat-file-but-cant-assign-default/9e84c035-d729-4410-9a7c-72bfa01693b6
  5. Adding a browser to Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a browser to Default Apps: I just reimaged my computer to Win 10 PRO. Before the reimage I had chosen the newer Ccleaner browser to the default apps but now when I try to switch from Edge to it, it no longer appears as an option., How do I get Ccleaner browser chosen as the default browser?...
  6. assigning a default program for opening .bat files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    assigning a default program for opening .bat files: see images folks. why can't I in win 10? I want notepad++. possible? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assigning-a-default-program-for-opening-bat-files/1f5a9749-b1eb-405b-9c9a-3ec543112987
  7. Change default app with regedit or bat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default app with regedit or bat: We have a gpo which sets the default app for pdf's, we do not want to change this, except for when a user runs a bat script without admin rights. I have been trying to make a .bat file that would change the default pdf program to reader with; ftype...
  8. App Packages .bat File Erroring

App Packages .bat File Erroring: I am getting nothing but errors when I attempt to run my .bat file as an Admin. Can anyone tell me what's going on? PowerShell -Command "Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Microsoft.3dbuilder*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online"...
  9. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps: I haven't reinstalled Windows 10 or updated it in about a year. When I did, there were several new apps that are completely junk. I have a .bat file that I use to clean stuff up but it's a little outdated and I had to go into the Start menu and uninstall a few apps by hand....
  10. Adding extra files to Media creation USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding extra files to Media creation USB?: This may be a stupid question. When reinstalling the OS with a usb flash drive (using the media creation tool), is it possible to add more files (like extra drivers) to it? Would it cause any conflict in the installation? 82542