Windows 10: Adding to my desktop

Discus and support Adding to my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I put important sites I use constantly to my desktop so they can be easily accessed by myself? Please, keep explanations as simple as possible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 2rosebudxs, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Adding to my desktop

How do I put important sites I use constantly to my desktop so they can be easily accessed by myself? Please, keep explanations as simple as possible. Definitely not a techie. Thank you

:)

2rosebudxs, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Bruce Hagen, Feb 10, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 10, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Adding to my desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Adding to my desktop

1. Adding to my desktop - Similar Threads - Adding desktop

2. delete banner ad on desktop/startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete banner ad on desktop/startup: Somehow an Expedia Banner Ad appeared on startup/desktop. How to delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-banner-ad-on-desktopstartup/f2a2b52c-351a-41ba-82c1-1c89491c04f5
  3. How do I remove desktop ads by Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove desktop ads by Microsoft?: I'm getting ads on my desktop even when I don't have an internet browser open. I don't know what's causing them, but this is the second time I've had one pop up and it's making me think my computer has become infected with something posing as Microsoft. Granted, if these are...
  4. Adding PowerShell Desktop to Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding PowerShell Desktop to Navigation Pane?: Hey all. Is there a way to add "Desktop" in file explorer's navigation pane as it's own shortcut? Currently the only way to do that is through quick access, and even then for some reason it does not show the following icons if you have enabled them on desktop (This PC,...
  5. Adding PowerShell Desktop to Naviagtion Pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding PowerShell Desktop to Naviagtion Pane?: Hey all. Is there a way to add "Desktop" in file explorer's navigation pane as it's own shortcut? Currently the only way to do that is through quick access, and even then for some reason it does not show the following icons if you have enabled them on desktop (This PC,...
  6. I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files: I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files. Can I disable the refresh and enable it happing automatically?...
  7. Can "Search Everywhere" be added to the desktop context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can "Search Everywhere" be added to the desktop context menu?: Greetings, I'd like to first express my utmost gratitude for the knowledge and guidance that is provided here. Perhaps it goes without saying that I use Windows 10, I would love to add the "Search Everywhere" command to the desktop context menu. Is it possible? 37117
  8. Unwanted Nero Ad on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Nero Ad on Desktop: Periodically, I get the ad shown below on my Desktop. I have Nero 2014 installed so I guess that is the source of the ad. How can I prevent it from showing up? [img] Thank you. 95085
  9. adding desktop folders

in Windows 10 Support
    adding desktop folders: I am running win 10 and I have lost being able to add a folder to my desktop to hold items I want to save. Like I backup my acc'tng. 2 to 3 times a week and save in a folder but now I can't create these folders. I was able to go to open space on desktop and right click and a...
  10. Added SSD Drive for Windows only but desktop keeps booting from old HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Added SSD Drive for Windows only but desktop keeps booting from old HD: Hey, So I've recently bought an SSD Drive soley for the purpose of running Windows. The original Hard Drive was a 2TB Samsung drive that I have since formatted and using for Storage only. Installed Windows 10 on the SSD and the machine is working great, boots up in aound...