Windows 10: Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive?

Discus and support Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Today, I received my new laptop link here. After doing some research, I found this article from Microsoft link here about extending a basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tarade LaMorte, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive?

Hello! Today, I received my new laptop link here. After doing some research, I found this article from Microsoft link here about extending a basic volume. Ideally, I would like to take the unallocated 931 GB volume and move it to my C: drive but I'm confused by these directions.

There is unallocated space directly after to the right of the volume, as shown in the graphic above. If there's another volume in-between the unallocated space and the volume you want to extend, you can either delete the in-between volume and all files on it make sure to back up or move any important files first!, use a non-Microsoft disk partitioning app that can move volumes without destroying data, or skip extending the volume and instead create a separate volume in the unallocated space.

Obviously, I don't think deleting the in-between volume is an option but I'm not sure what exactly steps I need to take next. What is my best course of action? I am somewhat computer savvy but this is not my field of expertise. Thanks!

Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive? 6669d10c-520e-4669-8272-0c072e41854e?upload=true.png

:)

Tarade LaMorte, Apr 22, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CAdding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive?

I AM UNABLE TO EXPAND VOLUME OF C DRIVE FROM UNALLOCATED PARTITION

I CREATED AN UNALLOCATED PARTITION BY SHRINKING VOLUME OF D DRIVE

AND NOW I CANNOT ALLOCATE THIS UNALLOCATED VOLUME TO EXPAND VOLUME OF C DRIVE OR ANY OTHER DRIVE

BUT THIS UNALLOCATED VOLUME CAN BE REALLOCATED TO D DRIVE BY EXPANDING ITS VOLUME. PLEASE HELP

HOW CAN I DO IT?

AND IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THEN WHAT IS THE REASON BEHIND IT?

AshutoshMahato, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive?

1. Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive? - Similar Threads - Adding Unallocated Volume

2. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  3. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  4. Adding to C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding to C drive: I have been trying to add my new ssd onto my C drive for the past 3 days now but all the of the unlocated storage goes to disk 0 while the c drive is in disk 1. Is there a way to make the unlocated storage got to the other disk. Both storage devices are SSD...
  5. Adding to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding to C drive: I have been trying to add my new ssd onto my C drive for the past 3 days now but all the of the unlocated storage goes to disk 0 while the c drive is in disk 1. Is there a way to make the unlocated storage got to the other disk. Both storage devices are SSD...
  6. Adding to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unallocated space on C drive

Unallocated space on C drive: I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig...
  8. how to add unallocated drive to "c" drive

how to add unallocated drive to "c" drive: hi am using windows 10 , I have some unallocated space memory , how can I merge or add with "c" drive am not using any partition software's , even when I try to make new volume it comes as "e" or more drive name , so icant make any merge kindly help to resolve...
  9. Drive c unallocated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive c unallocated: hello , I need help I was trying to install new windows (10) to my pc at the installation i was trying to format C to remove old windows then " Next " for the new windows , But it show error , so I tried to delete the partition so I can " create new " but when I choose "...
  10. adding unallocated disk space to drive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding unallocated disk space to drive C:: How can I add the unallocated disk space to drive C:\ when the unallocated space is not adjacent to the C:\ partitions are on the drive: such as Drives: E, F, G, H drive F:\ has been shrunk and I would like to add the unallocated space to the C:\ however, windows will not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add volume to c drive

2. sign unallocated to c drive

3. unallocated windows 10 c drive

4. add unallocated space to c windows 10