Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

Discus and support Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnD, Jun 13, 2018.

1. JohnD Win User

I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still works well. It's networked via cable straight off the router.

It's primarily used with my desktop PC of which only the case and a HDD can be considered original! I've been on Win10 64 for a long time now and the printer installed readily as the printer was listed in Win 10's list of printers. Everything is fine.

I now have a Win 10 64 bit laptop which sadly does not list any of the LaserJet 4000 series. I have clicked "update" under the list but every time I get a message indicating no success and try again later.

I have managed to get the printer to work via a generic HP PCL5 driver but then theprinter is not listed under "printers" but as an "other device". This setting does not give access to setting the default paper size, scaling, duplexing, resolution and other options. A printer is detected on the port (192.168.1.3) but not uniquely indentified. (This does not seem to be an issue on my desktop PC,)

Is there a way to manually add the printer *.inf and other files to the Win 10 list of printers so that the printer appears correctly, and as a printer?

Both computers are running Ver 1803 ©2018, but slightly different builds AFAICS.

Hope you can help.

:)

JohnD, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Anju Thekkethil Win User

Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list....

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

A quick question before proceeding:

What do you mean by ‘Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list’?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add photos to the contact list.

1. Go to people app.

2. Right click on contacts

3. Click edit to add photos to the contacts on People app.

Hope the above information helps. Reply if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Kalpana Shankarappa Win User
    Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 14, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list - Similar Threads - Adding unlisted printer

2. Printer Ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Ports: Samsung laser printer was working fine until today when a message flashed up along the lines of "printer port disabled/reconfigured. do you wish to use a valid port?" (may not be word for word). Clicked yes and tried again. Now, when I print, there is a pop-up box...
  3. ads on microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ads on microsoft solitaire: I don't mind the ads, but some of them have flashing white bars on the top and bottom of the ad. For someone like me with vision problems, it is so uncomfortable that I have to put my head on my desk until the ad is finished. Anyone else with this problem? Is there any...
  4. Attaching Printer to PC

Attaching Printer to PC: I am unable to attach my printer to my PC. It was working perfectly fine last week, but its now coming up with the message "driver unavailable". The printer is a MB5000 series and my PC is an HP. Can anyone help please as I desperately need to print something....
  5. Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi: A computer that, for as long as we've had it - 2-3 years I think - has printed fine on our shared home printer, now cannot. The computer in question is a Windows 10 computer. The printer is Canon iP4800, that is USB connected to a Windows 7 computer, but accessed through...
  6. Parralel Port printers, No Driver Support

Parralel Port printers, No Driver Support: Hello Microsoft. I am running WIN10 Pro, Version 1803. Recently I had to reinstall my two HP parallel port printers. Both printers are using TP-Link Network adapters. Unfortunately I decided to change the ip addresses for both printers due to a changed router....
  7. HP Photosmart 7520 Printer will not print after changing to new cartridges

HP Photosmart 7520 Printer will not print after changing to new cartridges: I have an HP Photosmart 7520 printer that I just replaced all 5 cartridges with new ones and now it will not print except for the blue ink. Any thoughts?...
  8. Installed printer is not available in any applications

Installed printer is not available in any applications: Hello, I'm currently running Windows 10 and have a Brother MFC-J5330DW printer installed. If i got to my control panel -> Devices and Printers, this printer is displayed as being installed. However, when i attempt to print from any applications (Word, Excel, Chrome), it...
  9. printer

printer: when I try to print a page that I have googled, I get prevented by being asked to Save print outlet as. How can I get rid of Save Print outlet as? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer/d4bb509d-e4f0-4fe3-b6ae-760cf3e354bc
  10. Win10 and its UI Scaling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 and its UI Scaling: Hello, I just built a new PC and made the move from win7 to win 10. I am being driven up a wall with some of these problems though. When on my recommended resolution : 3840 x 2160 with scale and layout set to 225% things look to be the right size (the text does, but the...