Windows 10: Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

Discus and support Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnD, Jun 13, 2018.

1. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still works well. It's networked via cable straight off the router.

It's primarily used with my desktop PC of which only the case and a HDD can be considered original! I've been on Win10 64 for a long time now and the printer installed readily as the printer was listed in Win 10's list of printers. Everything is fine.

I now have a Win 10 64 bit laptop which sadly does not list any of the LaserJet 4000 series. I have clicked "update" under the list but every time I get a message indicating no success and try again later.

I have managed to get the printer to work via a generic HP PCL5 driver but then theprinter is not listed under "printers" but as an "other device". This setting does not give access to setting the default paper size, scaling, duplexing, resolution and other options. A printer is detected on the port (192.168.1.3) but not uniquely indentified. (This does not seem to be an issue on my desktop PC,)

Is there a way to manually add the printer *.inf and other files to the Win 10 list of printers so that the printer appears correctly, and as a printer?

Both computers are running Ver 1803 ©2018, but slightly different builds AFAICS.

Hope you can help.

:)

JohnD, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Anju Thekkethil Win User

Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list....

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

A quick question before proceeding:

What do you mean by ‘Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list’?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add photos to the contact list.

1. Go to people app.

2. Right click on contacts

3. Click edit to add photos to the contacts on People app.

Hope the above information helps. Reply if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Kalpana Shankarappa Win User
    Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 14, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list - Similar Threads - Adding unlisted printer

2. adding printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding printer: How can I add a HP LaserJet 1320 Printer to my PC with Windows 10? It does not come up on a list of printers/drivers. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-printer/ce8ce848-30fc-405f-b505-0d982ba1251e
  3. "Utility" listed in startup on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Utility" listed in startup on Win10: Hello! I had recently refreshed my laptop to clean it up a bit. I noticed that this file called "utility" shows up under my startup area and I can't figure out what it is for. When I right click it, the only options I get is to search it online as the rest of the options...
  4. Printer not being added

Printer not being added: I have windows 10 on my computer. When I go to Add Printer - the Windows detects that Epson XP-445 is connected to the network. When I click on add device a message appears "Windows doesn't has a network profile for this device". I have done everything possible including...
  5. "Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed

"Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed: In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317
  6. Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers": In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317
  7. Random network printers listed

Random network printers listed: OK, not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please don't shoot me down if it isn't. I have the Windows 10 preview installed and went to add my printer last night, when the OS searched for it on my network it brought back a list of about 20 or so network attached...
  8. Version 1607 added a second printer

Version 1607 added a second printer: Printer drivers must have been added during the Aug upgrade. I have an additional Brother printer on both desktop and laptop. On the desktop is a multi feature laser and on the laptop it is an inkjet. The laptop had the inkjet become the default printer I discovered when I...
  9. WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.

WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.: MIRROR POST: WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD. Please SHARE YOUR CONFIGURATION. link your known list for compatible hardware here, I will update the thread as is grows with working parts successfully updated on a working WIN 10 HOME / PRO /TP also...
  10. Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?: Just a question for you guys, in my device manager my canon printer is listed under Disk drives, USB connection?? Its also listed correctly under printers too. Should I remove it from being listed under disk drives?? or leave it alone? Thanks guys. 19217

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding unlisted printer to windows 10