Windows 10: Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

Discus and support Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnD, Jun 13, 2018.

1. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still works well. It's networked via cable straight off the router.

It's primarily used with my desktop PC of which only the case and a HDD can be considered original! I've been on Win10 64 for a long time now and the printer installed readily as the printer was listed in Win 10's list of printers. Everything is fine.

I now have a Win 10 64 bit laptop which sadly does not list any of the LaserJet 4000 series. I have clicked "update" under the list but every time I get a message indicating no success and try again later.

I have managed to get the printer to work via a generic HP PCL5 driver but then theprinter is not listed under "printers" but as an "other device". This setting does not give access to setting the default paper size, scaling, duplexing, resolution and other options. A printer is detected on the port (192.168.1.3) but not uniquely indentified. (This does not seem to be an issue on my desktop PC,)

Is there a way to manually add the printer *.inf and other files to the Win 10 list of printers so that the printer appears correctly, and as a printer?

Both computers are running Ver 1803 ©2018, but slightly different builds AFAICS.

Hope you can help.

:)

JohnD, Jun 13, 2018

2. Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list....

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

A quick question before proceeding:

What do you mean by ‘Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list’?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add photos to the contact list.

1. Go to people app.

2. Right click on contacts

3. Click edit to add photos to the contacts on People app.

Hope the above information helps. Reply if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 14, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list - Similar Threads - Adding unlisted printer

2. Adding Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Printers: When I go to set up a printer I keep running into issues with the Microsoft sign-in. At first it tells me my account simply doesn't exist and then once I finally managed to sign in it tells me I can't access this function because I don't belong to an organization. This is my...
  3. Adding Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Printers: When I go to set up a printer I keep running into issues with the Microsoft sign-in. At first it tells me my account simply doesn't exist and then once I finally managed to sign in it tells me I can't access this function because I don't belong to an organization. This is my...
  4. adding a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding a printer: Im trying to connect a new wireless printer and its not showing up even under 'advanced search' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-printer/8ab36212-160f-40e6-9517-d3fb8eee0486
  5. How to add unlisted program to priority list in notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add unlisted program to priority list in notification: Hi, as the title said, i wanted to add a program to priority for notification. but the program is not listed on the priority option and i didn't find an option to add one....
  6. How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list: How do i flush the printer list that comes up when selecting the printer to print too? I guess this is some sort of Cache? This problem is I have many old deleted printer that continue to com up in the list to print too. Deleting them from Printer and devices does not change...
  7. Adding unlisted properties to files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding unlisted properties to files: Hello, I want to add specific properties to some audio files in my music folder. The option to add them to the folder itself exists (context menu of the column names), but I can't seem to find any way to add said properties to the files themselves. In my case, I want to add...
  8. adding printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding printer: Hello, My laptop running windows 10 keeps telling me it can not find the driver for my Kodal Verite 55 plus. I've gone to the Kodak site to download and it tells me it can't detect it. The printer says it's connected. Again it shows as installed on the Laptop but says no...
  9. adding printer

adding printer: How can I add a HP LaserJet 1320 Printer to my PC with Windows 10? It does not come up on a list of printers/drivers. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-printer/ce8ce848-30fc-405f-b505-0d982ba1251e
  10. WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.

WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.: MIRROR POST: WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD. Please SHARE YOUR CONFIGURATION. link your known list for compatible hardware here, I will update the thread as is grows with working parts successfully updated on a working WIN 10 HOME / PRO /TP also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add unlisted printer windows 10

2. how to find unlisted printers windows 10

3. how to add an unlisted printer

4. unlisted printer,
  5. how do i add an unlisted printer on windows 10,
  6. how to add unlisted printer,
  7. how to add a printer to Hp win10,
  8. adding unlisted printer,
  9. adding unlisted printer to windows 10