Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

Discus and support Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnD, Jun 13, 2018.

1. JohnD Win User

I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still works well. It's networked via cable straight off the router.

It's primarily used with my desktop PC of which only the case and a HDD can be considered original! I've been on Win10 64 for a long time now and the printer installed readily as the printer was listed in Win 10's list of printers. Everything is fine.

I now have a Win 10 64 bit laptop which sadly does not list any of the LaserJet 4000 series. I have clicked "update" under the list but every time I get a message indicating no success and try again later.

I have managed to get the printer to work via a generic HP PCL5 driver but then theprinter is not listed under "printers" but as an "other device". This setting does not give access to setting the default paper size, scaling, duplexing, resolution and other options. A printer is detected on the port (192.168.1.3) but not uniquely indentified. (This does not seem to be an issue on my desktop PC,)

Is there a way to manually add the printer *.inf and other files to the Win 10 list of printers so that the printer appears correctly, and as a printer?

Both computers are running Ver 1803 ©2018, but slightly different builds AFAICS.

Hope you can help.

:)

JohnD, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Anju Thekkethil Win User

Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list....

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

A quick question before proceeding:

What do you mean by ‘Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list’?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add photos to the contact list.

1. Go to people app.

2. Right click on contacts

3. Click edit to add photos to the contacts on People app.

Hope the above information helps. Reply if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Kalpana Shankarappa Win User
    Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 14, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list - Similar Threads - Adding unlisted printer

1. recovery part added to system sdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recovery part added to system sdd?: Greetings One day I noticed that my poor system ssd of 112GB has two parts. The new part is Recovery of 850MB including the folder WindowsRE that has 3 files inside: boot.sdi 3MB. Winre.wim 390MB, ReAgent.xml 1K. Does anyone know what caused it? is it part of some windows...
  2. SSD new recovery part added

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD new recovery part added: Greetings One day I noticed that my poor system ssd of 112GB has two parts. The new part is Recovery of 850MB including the folder WindowsRE that has 3 files inside: boot.sdi 3MB. Winre.wim 390MB, ReAgent.xml 1K. Does anyone know what caused it? is it part of some windows...
  3. Does File History backup Changed/Added Files or All Monitored Files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does File History backup Changed/Added Files or All Monitored Files?: Windows 10 Pro v1803 I'm sure when I first used File History with Windows 8.x or Windows 10 (can't quite remember) it backed up everything then backed up news files plus copies of changed files. I noticed the other day loads of files were missing in the File History backup...
  4. Greater transparency and control over your Google ad experience

in Windows 10 News
    Greater transparency and control over your Google ad experience: Over the years, you’ve told us that transparency and control over your data and ad experience are important. That's why we've built products and tools to help you manage that experience. Back in 2009, we launched Ad Settings, providing you with a single place for your ad...
  5. Windows 10 Mail Keeps Losing Added Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mail Keeps Losing Added Folder: I add 'sent' folder to my windows mail email account favourites, but it constantly keeps returning back to the list of folders. Near on everytime i open and close emails its gone back. Is this a bug ? 112036
  6. Windows 10 Mail Keep Losing Added Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mail Keep Losing Added Folder: I add 'sent' folder to my windows mail email account favourites, but it constantly keeps returning back to the list of folders. Near on everytime i open and close emails its gone. Is this a bug ? 112036
  7. Changing/Adding the letter assigned to system partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing/Adding the letter assigned to system partition: I wanted to activate BitLocker on C: partition....But when I tried, I got this message: "BitLocker Setup requires the drive file system to be NTFS. Convert the file system and run BitLocker Setup again." This is how my drives look like: (C) - Simple -Basic - NTFS -...