Windows 10: Adding unlisted properties to files

Discus and support Adding unlisted properties to files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I want to add specific properties to some audio files in my music folder. The option to add them to the folder itself exists (context menu of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-BoardsOfCanada-, May 4, 2020.

1. Adding unlisted properties to files

Hello,

I want to add specific properties to some audio files in my music folder. The option to add them to the folder itself exists (context menu of the column names), but I can't seem to find any way to add said properties to the files themselves. In my case, I want to add "Subject" and "Station name" to the files. These are unlisted in the Details menu in Properties. Is there any way to add these details?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/-BoardsOfCanada-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-BoardsOfCanada-, May 4, 2020
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

Adding unlisted properties to files [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, May 4, 2020
  3. dmholt57 Win User

This is what you get by clicking the 'The printer I want is not listed' I would try the network options... *Cool

dmholt57, May 4, 2020
  4. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted properties to files

I know. But it shows up on my Win 10 PC but not on my Win 10 laptop.

How do I get it to show on my laptop?

JohnD, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Adding unlisted properties to files

1. Adding unlisted properties to files - Similar Threads - Adding unlisted properties

2. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  3. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  4. File properties

File properties: When I create/save new word documents, they are always "read-only." How do I set document properties, so I can edit, and/or delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-properties/43c1a6ba-a9a9-48f9-8e20-7094ac417e75
  5. File properties.

File properties.: Can anyone tell why I cannot see the Details tab in file properties, specifically HP Soft-Paq *.exe files? W10 Home 64-bit running on my HP PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-properties/828de51f-3f4f-4840-ab99-1c9154ea93ea
  6. File Properties

File Properties: I would like to simply open a folder which contains music files MP3s and see the details of the music, such as artist and album. I currently only see details such as Date modified and Type. This used to change automatically, but no longer does. Now I know to go to...
  7. Editing/adding additional file properties/metadata for media files

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing/adding additional file properties/metadata for media files: I'm in the process of trying to organise and categorise my media files using file properties/metadata. When I go to the properties of, for example, an .mp4 file, I can edit the 'details' such as Title, Subtitle, Rating, Contributing Artists, Genre, Year, etc. However, in...
  8. File properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File properties: Anyone know why when after hitting apply that the information that was entered dissapears? When i enter fields in properties and hit apply all the info dissapears. It seems to be only happening with one certain file. Said app is groove music. Windows 10...
  9. Uninstall an unlisted Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall an unlisted Windows update: I just noticed that there is an update with the wrong date. KB4023057 It shows being installed in 2019. I did advance my computer to that date briefly. So I guess it was download automatically. My question is how do I remove it? Should I remove it? Will this cause my...
  10. Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list: I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still works well. It's networked via cable straight off the router. It's primarily used with my desktop PC of which only the case...