Windows 10: adding user but only allowing to access certain programs

Discus and support adding user but only allowing to access certain programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems when I Bing this that there are ways but I'm not easily finding the answers. I want to allow a 2nd user on my computer but not give them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shannon@fcins.biz, Nov 20, 2018.

1. adding user but only allowing to access certain programs

It seems when I Bing this that there are ways but I'm not easily finding the answers. I want to allow a 2nd user on my computer but not give them access to all of my files or programs. Basically there are 3 programs they would need to use. One is Adobe and the other 2 are 3rd party software so not something through the Microsoft store.

Is it possible to do this? If so, is there a link somewhere to walk me through so I can try it?

:)

Shannon@fcins.biz, Nov 20, 2018

2. Blocking and Allowing a Certain Program to a User in Windows 10

On windows 7 I was able to give a user access to a certain program in which I allowed them to use from a list of installed applications in my computer. Now I am having trouble finding that option , I created a account to use the family feature and from
    there I was only able to block programs from a certain rating. Have they removed this feature in Windows 10 and if so for what purpose?

UnruffledST, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Blocking and Allowing a Certain Program to a User in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which option of the operating system are you exactly talking about (it will be easy for us to help you in resolving the issue quickly)?
    • Do you want to block the access of files & folders for the other user profile?

You can give permission for accessing/denying the files/folders on a drive to a user profile by setting appropriate permissions on the operating system.

To block the permission of the other user profile to access the files & folders, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Window logo + E keys on the keyboard and click on
      This PC located on the right hand panel of the screen.

• Open the drive where the application files are located.

• Right click on the application file and select Properties.

• Click on the Security tab of the window and click on the user profile name to deny access to under
      Group or user names.

• Click on Edit button and give permissions accordingly to the user profile.

• Click on Apply and OK.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 20, 2018
  4. the jimmy Win User

adding user but only allowing to access certain programs

Allowing programs to work

I had mistakenly added the app to be allowed thru defenders firewall, but have since added it to the allowed list in Defender (controlled folder access)

the jimmy, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

adding user but only allowing to access certain programs

1. adding user but only allowing to access certain programs - Similar Threads - adding user allowing

2. Allow downloads from certain websites only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow downloads from certain websites only: Hello,I am trying to set up policies on a standard account on my machine, running under Windows 11 Pro. I added a policy in the register editor to block all downloads from Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge setting DownloadRestrictions to 3 in the register editor. However, I...
  3. Allow downloads from certain websites only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow downloads from certain websites only: Hello,I am trying to set up policies on a standard account on my machine, running under Windows 11 Pro. I added a policy in the register editor to block all downloads from Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge setting DownloadRestrictions to 3 in the register editor. However, I...
  4. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY: I have an issue with a particular program, it has two different locations and an asmuwrapper.exe file with a user access control lock on it, so when users print from this application, it prompts for an AD account login. the work-a-around has to be replaced this file with one...
  5. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY: I have an issue with a particular program, it has two different locations and an asmuwrapper.exe file with a user access control lock on it, so when users print from this application, it prompts for an AD account login. the work-a-around has to be replaced this file with one...
  6. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 11 S not allowing certain programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 S not allowing certain programs: I have a new chrome book with windows 11S and I cannot download my work program because of the S. Is there a way around this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-s-not-allowing-certain-programs/37a7fbbb-9b9b-426b-b069-644ecd018c57
  8. Windows 11 S not allowing certain programs

Windows 11 S not allowing certain programs: I have a new chrome book with windows 11S and I cannot download my work program because of the S. Is there a way around this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-s-not-allowing-certain-programs/37a7fbbb-9b9b-426b-b069-644ecd018c57
  9. Internet only with certain programs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet only with certain programs?: I have the problem that I only have access to the internet in different applications on the pc internet like Grand Theft Auto V or skype, discord and Minecraft and everything else I can't access the internet like Rainbow six victories or my browser! Can someone help me?...
  10. Windows Security. Allow user access only to subfolder and not root

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security. Allow user access only to subfolder and not root: I've tried to search about this there and here, but hadn't found a solution. SITUATION I have a following folders structure: root ----|A ----|B --------|B1 --------|B2 ----|C I need to give permission for user to access only folder B2 and deny access to any root...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alolowing access to only some programs