Windows 10: Adding User group to MMC Snap-in, Windows 10

Discus and support Adding User group to MMC Snap-in, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi yall,not sure how to put this question, I'm a beginner when it comes to these things,what I am trying to do is to create a group that I will add my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carl2k, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Carl2k Win User

Adding User group to MMC Snap-in, Windows 10

Hi yall,not sure how to put this question, I'm a beginner when it comes to these things,what I am trying to do is to create a group that I will add my 2 kids accounts to and control what the kids are allowed to do when logged in with their accounts to my pc using group policies.I have created their 2 accounts and created a "kids" group using the Computer Management console, and added the two accounts to the group.Then in order to control the policies of the "kids" group I try to use the MMC console as far as I know this is how to do it and use the "Add/Remove snap-in...", add the "Group poli

:)

Carl2k, Aug 7, 2021

2. Adding User group in Local system MMC Snacp-in in windows 10

Hello,

How to add the user group in the local MMC snap-in console? i trired to add but it was showing only Administrator group and non administrator group except that it was displayed only users. i need to create the group over there how to do this?

YatheeshSN, Aug 7, 2021
  3. commonone Win User
    MMC - Could not create the Snap-in

Having Windows 10 Version 1703 64-based on a HP Laptop.

Tried to install gpedit.msc, but continuously have error message

'MMC could not create the snap-in'

with 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}'

Have tried trolling Google with all suggestions

1) sfc /scannow - with no issues found

2) MMC could not create the snap-in - Google Suche

3) https://blog.multiplay.co.uk/2013/1...reate-snap-in-for-group-policy-object-editor/

4) http://computerstepbystep.com/group_policy_windows_xp.html

5) How To Fix MMC Could Not Create The Snap-in

Where one suggests to delete the 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}' in the registry to create a new clsid on reboot/restart, I cannot delete it as it returns as an error.

Have installed the gpedit.msc on my Tablet with no issues with same gpedit download.

Any clues

commonone, Aug 7, 2021
  4. BobR_ Win User

I have Win 10 Pro and Local Users and Groups does not show and wont snap in.

I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I needed Pro features for a course I am taking. Local Users and Groups is not installed and I can not snap it in. When I attempt to add "Local Users and Groups" with Microsoft Management Console I get: "This snapin
    may not be used with this version of Windows 10".... and I have Windows 10 Pro. Local Users and Groups DOES work with W10 Pro and up. Is this a bug or am I missing a part of the solution?

Summary:

• I don't have nor can I snap in "Local Users and Groups".
    • When I use MMC I get the error: "This snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10"
    • I do have Windows 10 Pro. (Updated from Home)
    • I have all current updates for the this version.
    Is there anyone who knows what to do with this??

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Bob

BobR_, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Adding User group to MMC Snap-in, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Adding User group

2. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  3. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  4. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC cannot initialize the snap-in: I can press windows+R and enter hit type gpedit.msc after that I can open any file it shows MMC cannot initialize the snap-in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-cannot-initialize-the-snap-in/e6a3d9d3-2e03-45ba-8c32-355042e4374a
  5. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MMC cannot initialize the snap-in: I can press windows+R and enter hit type gpedit.msc after that I can open any file it shows MMC cannot initialize the snap-in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-cannot-initialize-the-snap-in/e6a3d9d3-2e03-45ba-8c32-355042e4374a
  6. mmc snap-in task schedular

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mmc snap-in task schedular: so i was trying to get my anti malware service executable fixed for using high disk but this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-snap-in-task-schedular/8b49a0d3-4a7e-4481-aec2-4aea5bf41f3c
  7. MMC faults and closes on adding Certificates snap-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    MMC faults and closes on adding Certificates snap-in: I don't know when this happened, certainly didn't have this problem two years ago. Now whenever I launch mmc.exe to add the Certificates snap-in, regardless of which account store, mmc will shortly close down itself. An application error gets registered in Application event...
  8. MMC detects error in a snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC detects error in a snap-in: Howdy, I am running a HP All-in-One 23-g017c, Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating system. A few hours ago I was trying to open my Event Viewer to check on something and discovered the following problem. I clicked on my Component Services like I always do. I then clicked on...
  9. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MMC could not create the snap-in: Event viewer desapir in my laptop, i check the turnthe Microsoft.net Framwork,then in the registry i did the HKEY_LOCAL_MECHINE\Software\MICROSOFT\MMC\Snapinsvinside snapins search for the error number specified in CLSID,diddn't work,then Idid sfc /scannow, then scan with...
  10. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC could not create the snap-in: When I try to access Windows Firewall Advanced Settings I get an error:"MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly."I have followed instructions on various forums attempting to fix, such as:deleting the relevant registry...