Windows 10: adding variables

Discus and support adding variables in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; PHP - I need to add "a1" to "a2" to "a3" then that total becomes "sum" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 1Tsme1941, Apr 14, 2021.

1. 1Tsme1941 Win User

adding variables

PHP - I need to add "a1" to "a2" to "a3" then that total becomes "sum"

1Tsme1941, Apr 14, 2021
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. Enviromnent Variables - adding to system path

I am trying to add in the environment Variable to path the following path address C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin

I have also added this address to user variables ( the top box)

I am have also added this location to the system path so the MinGW compiler (C programming) can work in any directory

I found the path in the system variable environment added the above address (bottom box) at the end but I am still am unable to perform in any directory gcc simpleAge.c unless I use the full directory this file is in.

charlesregan, Apr 14, 2021
  4. adding variables

Searching environment variable in list

I'm using a command that gives me a list of environment variables. When searching in the list, I want to find all environment variables with the word
    EXTERNAL; using the following command all that is occurring is all the environment variables are being listed instead of those environment variables with the word
    EXTERNAL ?

findstr /c "EXTERNAL"

StraightWorld, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

adding variables

1. adding variables - Similar Threads - adding variables

2. How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain: Attempting to add a virtual windows 2022 server to domain. Receive computername/domain changes message "error occured attempting to join the domain. Netpdodomainjoin status 0x40. Event id 4097 error code 64. test net connection to dc returns true....
  3. How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain: Attempting to add a virtual windows 2022 server to domain. Receive computername/domain changes message "error occured attempting to join the domain. Netpdodomainjoin status 0x40. Event id 4097 error code 64. test net connection to dc returns true....
  4. Gave gaming PC to wife, want my account removed and her account added.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Gave gaming PC to wife, want my account removed and her account added.: The title pretty much covers everything but I'm looking for a way to switch the primary account on my old gaming PC.I purchased a new gaming PC and it came with Windows 11. Now I have two Windows licenses on my Microsoft account. I would like to move one of them to my old PC...
  5. Gave gaming PC to wife, want my account removed and her account added.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gave gaming PC to wife, want my account removed and her account added.: The title pretty much covers everything but I'm looking for a way to switch the primary account on my old gaming PC.I purchased a new gaming PC and it came with Windows 11. Now I have two Windows licenses on my Microsoft account. I would like to move one of them to my old PC...
  6. Gave gaming PC to wife, want my account removed and her account added.

7. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  8. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  9. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update: Since my last Windows 10 update, I keep getting pop-up ads in the lower right corner of my screen that overwrite anything beneath them when I boot the computer, like the one below from Vidwud Face Swap. Where are these annoying ads coming from and how do I stop them?? And yes...
  10. Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update

Pop-up ads on Windows 10 desktop after last update: Since my last Windows 10 update, I keep getting pop-up ads in the lower right corner of my screen that overwrite anything beneath them when I boot the computer, like the one below from Vidwud Face Swap. Where are these annoying ads coming from and how do I stop them?? And yes...