Windows 10: Adding Windows Update to control panel, registry write error.

Discus and support Adding Windows Update to control panel, registry write error. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to add the windows update tab under the control panel. I have made a new notepad document on my desktop and named it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ibanez k7, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ibanez k7 Win User

Adding Windows Update to control panel, registry write error.

I am trying to add the windows update tab under the control panel. I have made a new notepad document on my desktop and named it Add_Windows_Update_to_Control_Panel.reg

this was pasted inside the notepad

Windows Registry Editor Version5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX]
    "IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings]
    "UxOption"=dword:00000000

I have clicked it and received an error numerous times. I am the administrator and I have try also running regedit as administrator and imported the file as well. I have also tested to edit other things in the registry and get the same error every time.

Adding Windows Update to control panel, registry write error. [​IMG]

:)

ibanez k7, Aug 5, 2015

2. Windows Update (Error 0x80080008)

Method 1:

I cannot find "Windows update" in Control Panel.

Method 2:

Writing "net start bits", I get "system error 5 has occurred"

No luck here Adding Windows Update to control panel, registry write error. :(

/Anders

Anders Frank Jensen, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Windows Explorer shuts itself down constantly after upgrading toWindows 10

Adding to auggy:

Yes. An incompatible, outdated Control Panel modules can cause crashes. Look for CPL files in System32 and SysWOW64 folders. If you need a batch file to get the entire list, also from registry Control Panel namespace, you can use the Batch file here:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/troubleshoot-explorer-crashes-checklist/#cpl

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Ibanez, and welcome to Ten Forums.

I'm afraid that it wouldn't work anyways. Windows Update is deprecated in the Control Panel, and cannot be added back. *Sad

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  5. ibanez k7 Win User
    Well is there a fix for editing the registry anyway? This is going to be a big problem.

ibanez k7, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's the same from previous Windows.

Some registry keys are protected and only have access by the system. For those, you would need to first change the owner of the to your account, then afterwards set permissions for the key to "Allow" your account "Full control".

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...html#option4s3

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adding Windows Update to control panel, registry write error. - Similar Threads - Adding Update control

2. DVD/CD Drive not showing in Control Panel Reads but Will Not Write

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD Drive not showing in Control Panel Reads but Will Not Write: Quite suddenly my DELL XPS has failed to Write any DVD or CD's it Reads, but will not allow FORMAT or WRITE. In searching I find that my DELL HL-DT-STDVD+RW shows up in Device Manager but is not found in Control Panel under Devices and Printers or anywhere else? In Explorer...
  3. Registry Value for windows background colour in control panel, appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Value for windows background colour in control panel, appearance: I have changed the registry values for: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Windows once a time ago for black with value 0 0 0 ...... But this did not fit me precisely so changed it again to "255 255 255" which should give white colour, but the problem is...
  4. How to add Registry Editor to Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Registry Editor to Control Panel in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Although Microsoft moved several options from Control Panel to the Windows Settings in Windows 10, the former still has a lot of settings that are […] This article How to add Registry Editor to Control Panel in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  5. Cannot write to Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot write to Registry: I have a program that needs to make entries in HKCU Software VB and VBA Program Settings. It is unable to. I am the Administrator. How can I get access to the Registry? Thanks, Murray...
  6. Immersive Control Panel error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Immersive Control Panel error?: Hi, I recently installed Win 10 Pro on a new build PC. After around 10 hours in total of playing one specific game I now encounter a system crash to a black screen on a very frequent basis. I'm not massively tecchy but think I found the error code in Event Viewer which says:...
  7. Adding a Language from control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a Language from control panel: I can't add Russian as a language in WIndows language. It shows no language pack available. Can someone help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/adding-a-language-from-control-panel/c98b29cb-33f0-4b40-a539-c60a464144ee
  8. Control Panel/ Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel/ Windows update: I was looking through my control panel this morning and I saw Update for Windows 10 for x64-based system(kb40...... as one of the apps installed on january 11 2018 and I was wondering if I should delete it...
  9. Windows update is not in the control panel,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update is not in the control panel,: Windows update is not in the control panel, where is it? 14814
  10. Windows Update missing in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update missing in Control Panel: Hi, yep, it's gone. Not there- and I don't know when or why. So considering restore points and disk images may not be the most appropriate (i.e. would be a random option timewise). I found these fixes (the same registry mod): Windows Update in Windows 10 Control Panel...