Windows 10: Adding windows user accounts

Discus and support Adding windows user accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yunseo Choi, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Adding windows user accounts

Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?

:)

Yunseo Choi, Dec 24, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Adding windows user accounts :(

Zakin, Dec 24, 2021
  3. adding user accounts for children

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select
      setting
      s.
    • Click on Account and select
      Family and other users
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and
      select add child’s account.
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next.
    • Then click on finish.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 24, 2021
  4. Hapuku Win User

Adding windows user accounts

adding user accounts for children

The customer:

"It is overbearing for Microsoft to require children to either have an e-mail or phone number"

The (unhelpful technician):

"I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select settings.
    • Click on Account and select Family and other users.
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and select add child’s account
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next."

This is becoming such a trend. Please read the details that someone has gone to the trouble of providing so that you can respond HELPFULLY.

Hapuku, Dec 24, 2021
Thema:

Adding windows user accounts

1. Adding windows user accounts - Similar Threads - Adding user accounts

2. Adding a user account in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a user account in Windows 11 Home: I'm trying to give my wife a user account on my laptop. When I go to accounts/add it now says she already has an account but when I look only myself and my son are listed. When I do the netuser account only he and I are listed. I'm trying to make it so she can use my laptop...
  3. Adding a user account in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a user account in Windows 11 Home: I'm trying to give my wife a user account on my laptop. When I go to accounts/add it now says she already has an account but when I look only myself and my son are listed. When I do the netuser account only he and I are listed. I'm trying to make it so she can use my laptop...
  4. Problem adding user with Company Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem adding user with Company Account: I have set up many laptops for my users for Personal use for various reasons. When I created user accounts I have used local ones. I have just started to use our Microsoft 365 accounts and have encountered a problem.On PC1 I created an account named NB@<our domain> with no...
  5. Problem adding user with Company Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem adding user with Company Account: I have set up many laptops for my users for Personal use for various reasons. When I created user accounts I have used local ones. I have just started to use our Microsoft 365 accounts and have encountered a problem.On PC1 I created an account named NB@<our domain> with no...
  6. Problem adding user with Company Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  8. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add an account to device A from device B? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-windows-user-accounts/228cb889-494c-4828-981e-fb1fce5796f2
  9. Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted: When I create a new user account, the desktop is corrupted.The start menu has a transparent background so items are unreadableSettings Home screen is OK but and option is unusable. most sections of a sub page randomly flash background colours, predominantly transparent.I have...
  10. Added a new user account to computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Added a new user account to computer: Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of...