Windows 10: additional drive showing up in optimize tools

Discus and support additional drive showing up in optimize tools in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently my gaming computer has slowed down even when playing older games, so I opened the "defragment and optimize" admin tool to see if any of my 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peter_866, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Peter_866 Win User

additional drive showing up in optimize tools

Recently my gaming computer has slowed down even when playing older games, so I opened the "defragment and optimize" admin tool to see if any of my 3 drives need to be defragged. However, there is a fourth drive showing up when I open the admin tool, and the analyze and optimize buttons are not greyed out and I can click on them but then nothing happens for this fourth drive; the other three drives I have installed I can analyze and optimize though. But when I go to open Defraggler it only shows the three drives I have installed. I was wondering what this fourth drive is supposed to be and if

:)

Peter_866, Sep 29, 2022
  2. packzap Win User

Optimize drive - does not show in list

In Windows 10 when I go to my internal E: drive, select Properties, and then Tools, Optimize, the E: drive does not show in the list of drives available. The drive shows in Disk Management as healthy and online. It's a 500 GB internal NTFS drive. Performing
    error checking Scan Drive (Tools, Error checking, Check) works successfully on it with no errors reported.

I also went to the command prompt (admin) and entered the command "defrag e: /a /v". It immediately comes back with the text

"Microsoft Drive Optimizer

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp."

but does nothing.

I also tried the command "defrag e: /u /v" and that immediately returns the same text:

"Microsoft Drive Optimizer

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp."

and does nothing.

I also rebooted to Safe mode with the same lack of results.

I am stumped about this problem. Thanks for any clues!

packzap, Sep 29, 2022
  3. packzap Win User
    Optimize drive - does not show in list

After restart, same problem. The drive does not show in the list of drives to Optimize. additional drive showing up in optimize tools :(

I do not have access to another Windows computer to connect the drive and isolate the problem.

packzap, Sep 29, 2022
  4. additional drive showing up in optimize tools

Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

additional drive showing up in optimize tools

1. additional drive showing up in optimize tools - Similar Threads - additional drive showing

2. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives: Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in optimize drives but my D internal storage disk and F external drive don't show up.They are both available in file explorer and I...
  3. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives: Hi,I have an issue my C ssd windows and programs and E drives recovery a partition of the hard disk drive that normally shows up as D show up in optimize drives but my D internal storage disk and F external drive don't show up.They are both available in file explorer and I...
  4. Drive doesn't show up in optimize drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. additional drive showing up in optimize tools

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    additional drive showing up in optimize tools: Recently my gaming computer has slowed down even when playing older games, so I opened the "defragment and optimize" admin tool to see if any of my 3 drives need to be defragged. However, there is a fourth drive showing up when I open the admin tool, and the analyze and...
  6. additional drive showing up in optimize tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional drive showing up in optimize tools: Recently my gaming computer has slowed down even when playing older games, so I opened the "defragment and optimize" admin tool to see if any of my 3 drives need to be defragged. However, there is a fourth drive showing up when I open the admin tool, and the analyze and...
  7. "Optimize Drives" shows strange phantom drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Optimize Drives" shows strange phantom drives: Hello,can anyone tell me why lately the Optimize Drives window shows all kinds of drives besides the ones that are really relevant, as e.g. C-Drive, D-Drive, etc.The weird ones could be a card reader with 4 slots, but are not active / no cards inserted.I have also two DVD...
  8. Defragment and Optimization Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragment and Optimization Tool: Since update to Version 2004, each and any time the Windows Tool to Defragment and Optimize the Hard Drive, I receive an Event Error Message, Event 264, " The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on OS C: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware...
  9. Optimize Drives Tool shows Never Run or Optimization not available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Optimize Drives Tool shows Never Run or Optimization not available in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows offers disk optimization tools that can help you speed up system performance. In fact, a lot of this is automated and can be scheduled […] This article Optimize Drives Tool shows Never Run or Optimization not available in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  10. [Question] Additional folder optimization entries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] Additional folder optimization entries?: I was wondering if it is at all possible, be it within Windows or via a 3rd party application, to have more than the five default folder optimization options? By default there is General items, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos. While these cover most bases I wouldn't...