Windows 10: Additional IP

Discus and support Additional IP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! On the host computer I added an ip from another class (see -> Configuring an Additional IP Address on a Windows Server | Simply Cloud)So I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kinderu81, Jan 26, 2021.

1. kinderu81 Win User

Additional IP

Hello!
    On the host computer I added an ip from another class (see -> Configuring an Additional IP Address on a Windows Server | Simply Cloud)So I have two IP's from different classes, one static IP and another IP from another class.How do you assign an additional ip (10 .....) to a virtual machine (VMWare)?

:)

kinderu81, Jan 26, 2021

2. W10 - losing ip connection to ISP, drops DHCP and defaults to APIPA IP address

Hi,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you try resetting the TCP/IP by using the steps below:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command below:

netsh int ip reset
    • Hit Enter to execute the command.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Additional IP

ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Additional IP

1. Additional IP - Similar Threads - Additional

2. How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused: Using my PC has become nearly impossible without first dealing with the issue of space required for OneDrive. This isn't a rant. I seriously need to learn how to continue to use the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system to manage my daily activities as I've done for many...
  3. How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused: Using my PC has become nearly impossible without first dealing with the issue of space required for OneDrive. This isn't a rant. I seriously need to learn how to continue to use the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system to manage my daily activities as I've done for many...
  4. How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox: [ATTACH]It may happen that you are unable to install Guest Additions to a virtual machine in Oracle VirtualBox. When we click on Devices > Install Guest Additions CD Image, it does nothing but throw an error as follows: VirtualBox – Error: Unable to insert the virtual optical...
  6. Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender?: Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-malware-software-in-addition-to/0bf1d422-ad00-4f30-9e9c-1820d0361478
  7. Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender?

Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender?: Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-malware-software-in-addition-to/0bf1d422-ad00-4f30-9e9c-1820d0361478
  8. Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows 11 Task Bar - Selected Never for Combining Icons. Works Correctly on 2 additional...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Bar - Selected Never for Combining Icons. Works Correctly on 2 additional...: I just got upgraded to Windows 11 on my work laptop. I don't want the icons to combine so I changed all the settings to "Never". It works correctly on the two additonal monitors, but not the main monitor. However, instead of the icons going all the way across the screen like...
  10. Windows 11 Task Bar - Selected Never for Combining Icons. Works Correctly on 2 additional...

Windows 11 Task Bar - Selected Never for Combining Icons. Works Correctly on 2 additional...: I just got upgraded to Windows 11 on my work laptop. I don't want the icons to combine so I changed all the settings to "Never". It works correctly on the two additonal monitors, but not the main monitor. However, instead of the icons going all the way across the screen like...