Windows 10: Additional language keyboard

Discus and support Additional language keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need some help on an additional language and keyboard. I'm using an HP touch screen laptop that has a detachable keyboard (English only). I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Khone_727, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Khone_727 Win User

Additional language keyboard

I need some help on an additional language and keyboard.

I'm using an HP touch screen laptop that has a detachable keyboard (English only).

I just upgraded to Win 10 and have most everything I need set-up. Still a learning process from Win 7 (phew).

I have installed a 2nd language, Lao, and don't have a problem with that per-se. What I'm having a problem with is getting a "virtual" keyboard to appear on the desktop to use in place of the attached English keyboard.

I can switch languages by pressing the icon on the task bar. However, when I change the language and want to type anything, there is no keyboard with the Lao characters that comes up.

How do I get the "virtual" Lao keyboard to show-up when I want to type something in Lao?

Thanks for any help.

:)

Khone_727, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Keyboard and languages

Hi Ahmed,

There is a possibility that changes have occurred in the Region & language settings causing an additional keyboard to your preferred list. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• Were you able to check if the language in question is visible in the Control Panel? To check, open
      Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language.
    • Have you tried running the Keyboard troubleshooter from the Settings app?
    • Have you also checked the Date and Time on your computer?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 21, 2019
  4. sebblk Win User

additional keyboard language

I am planning for a hard reset on my lumia, i was just wondering what will happen to the keyboard languages that i have installed. I have a couple of additional keyboard languages installed on my phone, so i was wondering if resetting mh device will remove
    all the keyboard updates or if they are permanently stored in the device memory. Because as far as i know the updates of the cellphone remains intact and the resetting just removes personal data and settings. But when you install a keyboard language it is
    installed through "phone update" option, so i just wanted to know of those are a part of the phone update and will be available after the reset or if I'll just have to reinstall all of them again.

sebblk, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Additional language keyboard - Similar Threads - Additional language keyboard

2. Spurious additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spurious additional keyboard: Hello,I have Windows 11 and I have the following language & region settings:Windows Display Language:English USPreferred languages:* German Germany* English USCountry or region:SwitzerlandRegional format:German GermanyI get the following keyboards:German Germany with German...
  3. Spurious additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spurious additional keyboard: Hello,I have Windows 11 and I have the following language & region settings:Windows Display Language:English USPreferred languages:* German Germany* English USCountry or region:SwitzerlandRegional format:German GermanyI get the following keyboards:German Germany with German...
  4. Additional language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Additional language: I want to add Hindi as an additional language. But, it says that my licence allows one language only. How do I add Hindi as an additional language? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-language/b8eea5ff-f5f8-4cb0-abb8-7c7f37cc536a
  5. Adding additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding additional keyboard: Trying to add a Russian keyboard to my PC. Have done the bog standard basics but the PC asks me to input a PIN and I don't have a PIN. Googled this and advice was to try 0000 or 1234. No luck. It is saying it does not recognise the device. Any ideas? Thanks...
  6. Can't install additional language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install additional language: Hello there. I'm using a surface book 2 with Window 10. I have trouble installing additional language. It cannot add Basic Typing, Supplemental Fonts, handwriting, speech recognition, optional character recognition. I just need Basic typing to be able to type, but once...
  7. Unwanted additional keyboards

Unwanted additional keyboards: Every time I restart my PC, there are 2 keyboard layouts which are invisible to me in the language/region settings, however are selectable in the task bar. Pressing CTRL+SHIFT also leads me to accidentally switch very frequently between them, causing me to type @ and "...
  8. How to change a language but without installing an additional keyboard

How to change a language but without installing an additional keyboard: Hello. I'm studying Japanese and would like to practice more. I decided to change default language to Japanese. it is easy. However Windows automatically adds Japanese keyboard which I don't need to use. And it is impossible to delete it because it's marked as default one....
  9. Unauthorized addition of language

Unauthorized addition of language: Every day several times the Russian language is added to the layout, but there is no language in the menu. It's already tired.[ATTACH]...
  10. How to change a language but without installing an additional keyboard.

How to change a language but without installing an additional keyboard.: Hello. I'm studying Japanese and would like to practice more. I decided to change default language to Japanese. it is easy. However Windows automatically adds Japanese keyboard which I don't need to use. And it is impossible to delete it because it's marked as default one....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Lao keyboard for windowsphone