Windows 10: Additional languages added without reason

Discus and support Additional languages added without reason in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm always using EN-NZ language and United States-International keyboard layout for all my computers. [ATTACH] In one of my computers I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Carlos J. S. A., Apr 27, 2020.

1. Additional languages added without reason

Hi,

I'm always using EN-NZ language and United States-International keyboard layout for all my computers.

Additional languages added without reason 237f7187-44b6-4617-83d3-4c10867fa6c6?upload=true.png

In one of my computers I have a weird issue: For some reason I can't identify and from time to time, "something" adds EN-US language, both with US and United States-International keyboard layout.

Additional languages added without reason 243571f1-85c2-4cff-8330-e084753881bd?upload=true.png

This is annoying as hell. And it won't even show on settings so to remove it I have to actually add it and justthen I can remove it.

My gut tells me some app is forcing this somehow. But I'm not sure how to track this change and identify the culprit. Anyone has any idea?

Cheers

:)

Carlos J. S. A., Apr 27, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Apr 27, 2020
  3. additional license for language pack

Hi Priangga,

You can always use or set a different language in your Windows 10 computer. What you need to do is add the language and set it as the default. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key and click Settings.
    • Click Time & language.
    • In the left pane, click Region & language.
    • Under Languages, click Add a language, then select the language that you want to add.
    • Once added, select the new language and click Set as default.

If you want to use the new language on your welcome screen, system accounts, and new user accounts, then go back to the
    Region & language page and follow the steps below:

• Under Related settings, click Additional date, time, & regional settings.
    • Click Language.
    • In the left pane, click Advanced settings.
    • Click the link Apply language settings to the welcome screen, system accounts, and new user accounts.
    • On the Administrative tab, under Welcome screen and new user accounts, click the
      Copy settings button.
    • Check the box for Welcome screen and system accounts and
      New user accounts
    • Click OK.
    • Once done, reboot your computer and it should now display the new default language.

Let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 27, 2020
  4. priangga Win User

Additional languages added without reason

additional license for language pack

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for your reaply,

how about the license, should I buy an additional license or WinPro 10 SNGL OLP NL Legalization GetGenuine is enough and compliance.

priangga, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Additional languages added without reason

1. Additional languages added without reason - Similar Threads - Additional languages added

2. Additional language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Additional language: I want to add Hindi as an additional language. But, it says that my licence allows one language only. How do I add Hindi as an additional language? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-language/b8eea5ff-f5f8-4cb0-abb8-7c7f37cc536a
  3. Adding additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding additional keyboard: Trying to add a Russian keyboard to my PC. Have done the bog standard basics but the PC asks me to input a PIN and I don't have a PIN. Googled this and advice was to try 0000 or 1234. No luck. It is saying it does not recognise the device. Any ideas? Thanks...
  4. Adding additional drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding additional drive: Hi everyone, I just got a new Windows 10 laptop, can I use the old HDD from my previous Windows 7 laptop as a secondary drive? My laptop already has the additional drive bay, but I'm worried if Windows won't recognise files on this hdd as there is windows 7 on it? Is it a...
  5. date formatting without installing additional language pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    date formatting without installing additional language pack: Hi, I have following problem: 1. I need both US keyboard and Czech keyboard 2. I prefer date formatting dd/MM/yyyy UK format When I install US and Czech language pack I can't choose dd/MM/yyyy date format. When I want this date format I must install UK language pack and...
  6. Adding Additional Devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Additional Devices: I have 5 devices on my MS account. I wish to add 5 more. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-additional-devices/5f4d14c1-5c6b-4292-8c0d-c8efa62ef884
  7. Adding language to keyboard without changing the computers language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding language to keyboard without changing the computers language: I'm trying to add korean language to my keyboard layout but everytime I try to set up the language of my computer change too. I just want to type in korean language. thank you...
  8. Adding a Language without Downloading a Language Pack

Adding a Language without Downloading a Language Pack: Recently, I added Japanese language through Settings to my Windows 10 PC in order to be able to write in Japanese. Unfortunately, it also started to download its language pack. I managed to stop it using task manager by stopping Delivery Opimisation process. I was in a...
  9. How to change a language but without installing an additional keyboard

How to change a language but without installing an additional keyboard: Hello. I'm studying Japanese and would like to practice more. I decided to change default language to Japanese. it is easy. However Windows automatically adds Japanese keyboard which I don't need to use. And it is impossible to delete it because it's marked as default one....
  10. How to change a language but without installing an additional keyboard.

How to change a language but without installing an additional keyboard.: Hello. I'm studying Japanese and would like to practice more. I decided to change default language to Japanese. it is easy. However Windows automatically adds Japanese keyboard which I don't need to use. And it is impossible to delete it because it's marked as default one....