Windows 10: Additional PC security

Discus and support Additional PC security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been subscribing to Norton Internet Security for some years now. After installing some Windows updates I now appear to have full Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NormanCook2, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Additional PC security

I have been subscribing to Norton Internet Security for some years now. After installing some Windows updates I now appear to have full Microsoft protection. It seems like Norton has been removed, do I not require it any more.

:)

NormanCook2, Dec 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Source: Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, Dec 7, 2020
  3. nomoredoc Win User
    Requirement of Additional Security Software!

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion. As per your recommendation, I will go with only windows defender in my PC as security software. Actually it is the sellers who misguide us regarding the capabilities od windows defender & prompt us to go
    for additional antivirus software.

Thanks again.

nomoredoc, Dec 7, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Additional PC security

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Additional PC security

1. Additional PC security - Similar Threads - Additional security

2. Do I need additional security like Norton with windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need additional security like Norton with windows 10: Do I need additional security when using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-additional-security-like-norton-with/9ca11ba3-e7bc-43d1-945e-0a570d1bc694
  3. Do I need additional security like Norton with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need additional security like Norton with windows 10: Do I need additional security when using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-additional-security-like-norton-with/9ca11ba3-e7bc-43d1-945e-0a570d1bc694
  4. Do I need additional security like Norton with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 0Patch promises 2 additional years of security patches for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 News
    0Patch promises 2 additional years of security patches for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 will get at least an additional 2 years of security updates, courtesy of the micro-patching solution 0Patch. [ATTACH] Microsoft introduced Extended Security Updates for Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 when the operating systems ran out of...
  6. Accounts - Sign in options - Additional Settings - for improved security only allow windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts - Sign in options - Additional Settings - for improved security only allow windows...: I am logged into a new computer. I am logged into a Microsoft account. I don't want to use PIN, I just want to use a password, however the windows hello sign in option is turned off.I did look at this answer, but this doesn't apply to me, as I do want to use a password. Not...
  7. Accounts - Sign in options - Additional Settings - for improved security only allow windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accounts - Sign in options - Additional Settings - for improved security only allow windows...: I am logged into a new computer. I am logged into a Microsoft account. I don't want to use PIN, I just want to use a password, however the windows hello sign in option is turned off.I did look at this answer, but this doesn't apply to me, as I do want to use a password. Not...
  8. Do I need another Security Program in addition to Microsoft Defender?

Do I need another Security Program in addition to Microsoft Defender?: Do I need another Security software like McAfee on my computer ? If I have Windows and I thought that's all I needed. [Original Title: Extra Security]...
  9. windows defender + or - an additional security

windows defender + or - an additional security: is windows defender all that is needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-or-an-additional-security/8d12597f-1c61-4056-a1d1-66474b107c69
  10. ADDITIONAL SECURITY VERIFICATION FAILURE

ADDITIONAL SECURITY VERIFICATION FAILURE: I was sent additional security verification. Because it came through so slowly, I kept entering the previous code. I am now locked out of my account and cannot receive any more text messages to my mobile. How does this get reset?...