Windows 10: additional power settings problem

Discus and support additional power settings problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I ask you for help to solve my problem! it is not possible to further configure power settings such as: minimum and maximum CPU usage, hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alikchorba, Mar 29, 2021.

1. additional power settings problem

Hello!

I ask you for help to solve my problem! it is not possible to further configure power settings such as:
    minimum and maximum CPU usage, hard drive shutdown when not in use
    partial disconnection of usb in case of downtime and other parameters.

previously it was solved like this

1. Type regedit to open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
    3. Double click on “CsEnabled”
    4. Change Value data from “1″ to “0″
    5. Click OK.

but after upgrading to windows 10 20h2
    CsEnabled in regedit has disappeared. I would be very grateful if you could help solve this

my laptpo dell latiyude 7400

:)

alikchorba, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Power problems after updating to Windows 10

Hello Carol,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. One example is an issue with the power settings. To better assist you, we suggest that you try the below steps and check if the issue persist:

• Go to Power & sleep settings using Search or Cortana.
    • Click on Additional power settings> Choose High performance> Click Change plan settings beside it.
    • Click Advance settings> Make sure High performance is Active.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Mar 29, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Mar 29, 2021
  4. additional power settings problem

POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

additional power settings problem

1. additional power settings problem - Similar Threads - additional power settings

2. Additional power plan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Additional power plan?: Hello, I have a problem with my laptop. When I try to add an additional power plan in CMD it says I added it, but when I go to power options it doesn't show it. Because of the power plan, the laptop heat up for easy task like open a browser or sometimes heat for no reason at...
  3. Additional power plan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Additional power plan?: Hello, I have a problem with my laptop. When I try to add an additional power plan in CMD it says I added it, but when I go to power options it doesn't show it. Because of the power plan, the laptop heat up for easy task like open a browser or sometimes heat for no reason at...
  4. Additional Power Plans missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Additional Power Plans missing: Hi,In the power plan settings in control panel I can only see my selected power plan, balanced. When trying to make a new power plan I can only choose balanced. I tried to do an in-place upgrade and I did the powercfg command to restore my power plans, but I still only have...
  5. Additional Power Plans missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Additional Power Plans missing: Hi,In the power plan settings in control panel I can only see my selected power plan, balanced. When trying to make a new power plan I can only choose balanced. I tried to do an in-place upgrade and I did the powercfg command to restore my power plans, but I still only have...
  6. Account Addition Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Addition Problem: Has anyone had a problem where you are stuck entering your password forever when adding a new account? The account shows up but without a profile picture, and when attempted to be used in e.g., mail, Xbox, it asks for a password. But infinitely.Previously I had removed such...
  7. Additional power setting only shows balanced mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Additional power setting only shows balanced mode.: I am not able to change power setting because the additional power setting only shows balanced mode. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-power-setting-only-shows-balanced-mode/21a8809c-5681-4de5-9ac1-44ce01334ed2
  8. Scrolling Problem + additional

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling Problem + additional: Hey guys, I got a problem. Whenever I click something anywhere, It highlights the icon that is at the most down (zoom for me) and also, when I try to scroll up it keeps scrolling down. I tried to reboot, but instead it kept scrolling down at the region choosing menu. I tried...
  9. Power And Sleep settings problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power And Sleep settings problem.: Hi. After upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary recently, I'm getting the following problem in Power and Sleep option using screen and sleep. I want to change the “When plugged in turn off after” box from 4 hours to 1 minute. Successfully change then I exit....
  10. Problem with Advanced Power Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Advanced Power Settings: I bought a used computer, updated to Windows 10. It runs great for what i use it for, but i noticed the CPU was running hot. Core #0 runs at 99c at full load such as watching a movie. I did my own research and decided to change the processor power management . So I go into my...