Windows 10: Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working

Discus and support Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my double-tap to click function had stopped working and when I went in to change my touch pad settings through 'additional settings' it didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dilma Sathmini, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working

Hi, my double-tap to click function had stopped working and when I went in to change my touch pad settings through 'additional settings' it didn't work. The additional setting tab appeared but it was blank.

Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working [​IMG]
    How do I fix this? I tried installing new drivers from the lenovo website but it didn't fix the problem.

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370

:)

Dilma Sathmini, Mar 12, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working

Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

I tried using your instructions to restore the touch pad mouse on Windows 10. It didn't work

KenHittmeier, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working

1. Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working - Similar Threads - Additional settings mouse

2. Additional mouse settings won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Additional mouse settings won't open: I want to check if the option ''improve mouse accuracy'' in the additional mouse options screen is enabled.However, I cannot seem to access that panel.From the settings panel, to the mouse tab, then ''additional mouse options'' Whenever I press the button, nothing happens....
  3. Additional mouse settings won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Additional mouse settings won't open: I want to check if the option ''improve mouse accuracy'' in the additional mouse options screen is enabled.However, I cannot seem to access that panel.From the settings panel, to the mouse tab, then ''additional mouse options'' Whenever I press the button, nothing happens....
  4. Touchpad stopped working and no setting for it anywhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stopped working and no setting for it anywhere.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running windows 11. The touchpad was fine until I turned the laptop on this morning. The touchpad registers nothing. I can only use my keyboard to get around. I cannot find any touchpad settings, not even in device manager. So uninstalling and...
  5. Touchpad stopped working and no setting for it anywhere.

Touchpad stopped working and no setting for it anywhere.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running windows 11. The touchpad was fine until I turned the laptop on this morning. The touchpad registers nothing. I can only use my keyboard to get around. I cannot find any touchpad settings, not even in device manager. So uninstalling and...
  6. Additional Mouse Settings would not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Additional Mouse Settings would not open: I tried opening the hyperlink found in settings that says "Additional Mouse Settings" but it wouldn't work. I also tried going to Control Panel to open the dialog box from there but it wouldn't open....
  7. Additional Mouse Settings would not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Additional Mouse Settings would not open: I tried opening the hyperlink found in settings that says "Additional Mouse Settings" but it wouldn't work. I also tried going to Control Panel to open the dialog box from there but it wouldn't open....
  8. Additional Mouse Settings would not open

9. Separate mouse and touchpad settings

Separate mouse and touchpad settings: I use a surface book with windows 10 together with a logitech lift mouse. This mouse is ergonomic and left-handed. I always use a 'regular' configuration with the left mouse button as the main one. Sadly the left-handed mouse internally flips these settings and sets the right...
  10. Mouse minus touchpad settings

Mouse minus touchpad settings: My Mouse properties does not have Synaptics touchpad window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-minus-touchpad-settings/471b6405-e3fe-4f87-91e0-00150aea0deb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. additional mouse settings

2. mouse & touchpad setting

3. additional mouse options

4. additional mouse,
  5. additional mouse settings mouse,
  6. additional mouse & touchpad settings,
  7. touchpad additional settings,
  8. mouse&touchpad setting,
  9. mouse additional setting,
  10. additional mouse settings windows 10,
  11. additional settings touchpad,