Windows 10: Additional user accounts

Discus and support Additional user accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have just bought a Surface Studio & have set up accounts for my wife & daughter. There is an account called eatipdyne that I know nothing about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tim Gosling, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Additional user accounts

Hi,

I have just bought a Surface Studio & have set up accounts for my wife & daughter. There is an account called eatipdyne that I know nothing about that keeps re-appearing. I have removed it but it just keeps coming back.

Any explanations or help please?

Additional user accounts [​IMG]

:)

Tim Gosling, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 1, 2019
  3. barkerend Win User
    Unable To Create User Accounts - Windows 10

I don’t know if this addition to my original thread will push it to the top of the queue. I have tried again by pasting netplwiz into the Run box as suggested by marshian. Yesterday I managed to create another User Account which although described as an Administrator Account indicates ‘This app can’t open’ for every single item. Can anybody please suggest how I can change this situation? Today I did the same thing again but find that I CAN open the various programs on that Account – although the Account is listed under a Users Group not Administrators Users.
    There is also a Guest Account listed but as yet I haven’t been able to get into that since it does not appear for the next Log On when I click my Log Off or Switch Users shortcuts.
    I will be grateful for any advice, Thanks ........

barkerend, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Additional user accounts

User account types

There are fewer things that might go wrong with a local user account.
    • A local user account might develop a user profile fault.
    • An MSAccount might develop a user profile fault or it might suffer from some account / password online synchronisation problem

You can switch the account to an MSAccount later on if you wanted. But you could also consider keeping your local user account as your day-to-day account and then adding an additional account to link to your MSAccount. That way, you could have the convenience of an MSAccount when you wanted it but could switch back into a local account at any time.

Make sure that you have at least one password-protected Admin-level account
    • that is a local user account
    and
    • that is in addition to whichever account you end up using for your day-to-day activities.
    By doing so you are protected against the risk of your day-to-day account developing user profile faults. If your day-to-day account ever starts failing to log on & you get allowed in with a temporary profile then you can just log on with this additional Admin-level account to get back full access to your computer.

Denis

Try3, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Additional user accounts

1. Additional user accounts - Similar Threads - Additional user accounts

2. Addition of an "alias" to my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Addition of an "alias" to my account: Can anyone advise on the contents of an email that I have received allegedly from Microsoft security. It claims that an alias has been added to my Microsoft account but when I check on this site there isn't an additional alias. There were "it was me" and "it wasn't me"...
  3. Account Addition Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Addition Problem: Has anyone had a problem where you are stuck entering your password forever when adding a new account? The account shows up but without a profile picture, and when attempted to be used in e.g., mail, Xbox, it asks for a password. But infinitely.Previously I had removed such...
  4. Account Addition Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Addition Problem: Has anyone had a problem where you are stuck entering your password forever when adding a new account? The account shows up but without a profile picture, and when attempted to be used in e.g., mail, Xbox, it asks for a password. But infinitely.Previously I had removed such...
  5. Are Additional Users Hackers?

Are Additional Users Hackers?: Someone entered my router and changed the password. The Mac on my network has a rootkit virus which Mac antivirus programs are not finding. I am trying to find out if the Windows machines have also been infected. They are very slow and the HD remains at 100%. I looked at...
  6. Additional identities for Mail accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Additional identities for Mail accounts: Is there a simple mail app for Windows 10 where I can add additional identities to individual mail accounts? I know this from mail apps on Android and find it extremely helpful. Regards, Friedbert...
  7. Computer Name Change Creating Additional User Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Name Change Creating Additional User Account: I changed my computer name so I'd be able to recognize it in a list of other computers. Now there are two users of my same name and it tries to automatically log in to the new one on startup, but says I have an incorrect password. I have no clue what that password might be,...
  8. Questions concerning additional accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Questions concerning additional accounts: I have a 'small storage' hybrid 2-in-1 tablet PC. In addition to my main (Administrator) account I have two additional accounts, to which I have given very little attention until now. One was created by a MS tech to help with some remote work he did; one (local Administrator)...
  9. Additional accounts

Additional accounts: I use a pin to open my new laptop running on Windows 10. When I try to add an additional account, I'm asked if family or other, and what their email etc, is. How to I open a 'guest' account without having to supply such information?...
  10. After resetting Windows, an additional user account is added.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After resetting Windows, an additional user account is added.: Hi, Please help me. It started when I updated my graphics driver (AMD Radeon R6). Well it is not installed well, it turns into black screen with cursor. I repair my laptop using the windows repair. The one that pops-up when I turn off and on forcefully 3 times. At...