Windows 10: Addonics 4 Bay Mni Tower Esata toWin 10 1909- Stopped - Any Win logs?

Discus and support Addonics 4 Bay Mni Tower Esata toWin 10 1909- Stopped - Any Win logs? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Addonics 4 Bay Mni Tower Esata (MST5X1PM-B-AU) connecgted to Win 10 1909 on a Dell Opt 9020 Desktop. I had just decided to blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ozstar, Aug 5, 2020.

1. ozstar Win User

Addonics 4 Bay Mni Tower Esata toWin 10 1909- Stopped - Any Win logs?

Hi,

I have a Addonics 4 Bay Mni Tower Esata (MST5X1PM-B-AU) connecgted to Win 10 1909 on a Dell Opt 9020 Desktop.

I had just decided to blue screen me a couple of times after I turned it on. A few seconds of lights flashing on the unit in what was maybe a post check then whammo.. blue screen.

Is there anywhere in Win10 that can maybe tell me why this panned. Say in Events ?

Thanks

oz

:)

ozstar, Aug 5, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Addonics Announces the 6G RAID Tower Family of External Storage Solutions

Addonics Technologies today announced the 6G RAID Tower family of external storage solutions, which connect multiple drives to any system at 6Gbps speed. Prices start at $189. The new Addonics solutions are ideal for video storage or large data applications. They are a simple way to expand the storage capacity of servers or any computing equipment with terabytes of storage space without sacrificing the full speed capability of the high performance hard drive or SSD.

Depending on the model, as much as 60 terabytes can be installed into one 6G RAID Tower. With the exception of the RAID Tower Mini, which uses a simple screw mount, drives are added or removed like tape cartridges from each drive bay without any special tools.

Addonics 4 Bay Mni Tower Esata toWin 10 1909- Stopped - Any Win logs? 36a_thm.jpg

The four models in the family include:
    • RAID Tower Mini. It can be integrated with the latest 6G Port Multiplier (PM) to support a high data rate of 6Gbps when connecting to a 6G eSATA port. All the drives are connected to the system via a single eSATA cable and appear as individual drives. It also allows you to install up to four 3.5" SATA HDD or SSDs.
    • RAID Tower III. It supports connecting up to five 3.5" SATA hard drives to the computer via a single high speed 6G eSATA connection. It connects to the system via eSATA port.
    • The RAID Tower IX with 6G PM can connect up to 15 3.5" SATA drives to the system with throughput up to 6 Gbps via three eSATA cables. The last member family, the RAID Tower IX 6G, connects up to 15 3.5" SATA drives through a mini SAS connection.
    Visit this page for more information.

btarunr, Aug 5, 2020
  3. rivre Win User
    Looking for a 4-bay USB 3.0 external HDD enclosure

I'm having a major issue with my current external hard drive enclosures (standard mechanic drives) that I'm trying to resolve in another thread so I won't go into that here:

Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

Basically on my new PC my current enclosures are either not connecting or dropping out/corrupting my drives. I lost a ton of data already. I have several Icy Dock Black Vortex enclosures and two older Mediasonics. The Icy Docks are both USB 3.0 and esata. One Mediasonic is USB 2.0 only and one is esata only. All are 4-bay enclosures.

So I'm trying to find a good enclosure that will play nice with my Gigabyte Z170x Gaming-7 motherboard. I have USB 3.0 on the motherboard plus I have a RocketRaid 622 esata card installed. The chipset of the motherboard is Intel Z170. Gigabyte suspects that the older enclosures might not be playing nice with the new chipset of my new motherboard. Icy Dock thinks differently and suspects it's my old WD Green drives at fault.

But there are very few affordable 4-bay enclosures available. Mediasonic makes one that is almost identical to my current Mediasonics except they are both USB 3.0 and esata now. I tried a Mediasonic USB 3.0 a couple years ago on my old PC and the USB didn't work at all with my old USB 3.0 card so I returned it. Maybe now it would work better on my motherboard's built-in USB ports? I dislike the cooling in the Mediasonics so I wish there was a better alternative.

Can anybody recommend any other external USB 3.0 4-bay enclosures? I have no idea what's causing my enclosure issues but to troubleshoot I need another unit and there seems to be a lack of affordable 4-bay enclosures to choose from. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Mediasonic I'm looking at is here:

https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-HF.../dp/B003X26VV4

rivre, Aug 5, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Addonics Announces 5-Port HPM-XU Port Multiplier with eSATA/USB 3.0 Connections

Addonics Technologies today announced the 5-port HPM-XU, a feature-rich hardware port multiplier (HPM), which connects up to five SATA hard drives to high speed eSATA or the latest SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports on any system via a single eSATA or USB cable. Addonics also unveiled a family of RAID storage solutions that integrate with its HPM. The new port multiplier comes with built-in RAID accelerator and supports sustained transfer exceeding 240 MB/sec with 5 drives in RAID 5 configuration.

The 5-port HPM-XU will benefit anyone wanting to attach numerous hard drives to desktops or servers as individual drives or as high performance RAID volumes with redundancy. You can also connect five SATA optical drives, such as DVD-RRW or Blu-ray drives, to your system and do simultaneous data copying. The device supports all current versions of Windows, Mac OS X and above, Linux kernel 2.4 and above, and Mac OS X 10.4.x.
    The 5-Port HPM-XU fits perfectly inside the Addonics family of tower and rack storage products, plus many standard multi-bay enclosures with a standard SCSI-1 connector cut out.

Addonics 4 Bay Mni Tower Esata toWin 10 1909- Stopped - Any Win logs? 62a_thm.jpg

Addonics 4 Bay Mni Tower Esata toWin 10 1909- Stopped - Any Win logs? 62b_thm.jpg

RAID configuration can be set via onboard dip switches or the included Windows software utility. The drive and HPM status can be visually monitored by attaching LEDs to the onboard LED signal pin headers or via the bundled Windows monitoring software. Any drive failure or RAID error can be notified via audible alert from the on board buzzer and email to an SMTP account.

The Addonics RAID tower family includes the RAID Tower Mini (four 3.5-inch drives), RAID Tower III (five 3.5-inch drives), and RAID Tower IX (15 3.5-inch drives). Each tower allows users to create an external RAID solution simply by adding the hard drive of choice by directly inserting drive into the drive bay or via removable drive tray. The drives can be configured as a RAID set and be connected to the computer via USB 3.0, USB 2.0 or the high speed eSATA connection.

The small footprint, silent operation and large storage capability make any RAID Tower model ideal for a wide variety of storage applications in homes, small businesses or enterprises.

List price starts at $99 for the HPM and $245 for the RAID Tower Mini.

btarunr, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Addonics 4 Bay Mni Tower Esata toWin 10 1909- Stopped - Any Win logs? - Similar Threads - Addonics Bay Mni

2. Win 10 1909 to 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 1909 to 21H2: Team,I am upgrading Win 10 1909 ENT edition to 21H2. I installed latest updates on the device. When I push 21H2 enablement package via SCCM. its not installing. When i gone through the below link, i notice below...
  3. Will 10X become Win 10, with old 10 becoming an addon package?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will 10X become Win 10, with old 10 becoming an addon package?: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella teases next version of Windows will be unveiled 'very soon' - CNET Microsoft announces that Windows 10X has been canceled - GSMArena.com news I've been trying to figure out what Microsoft is doing next, espcioal (solely because changes in...
  4. 4 bay external enclosure (non raid) connected to esata/sata

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4 bay external enclosure (non raid) connected to esata/sata: 4 bay external enclosure (non raid) - connected via esata cable to sata port on mobo. win 10 19042.631 64bit asus Z87-a mobo drivers up to date Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 AHCI in bios Enclosure works fine on usb3.0 trying to free up a usb port and some speed by using esata....
  5. New Tower with no DVD drive bay

in Windows 10 Support
    New Tower with no DVD drive bay: Hi Guys Just had a new custom tower built and overlooked the fact there was no DVD/Optical drive bay to fit a DVD drive which is not a major factor as it is one of those items that does not get a lot use, BUT if i need to boot from a rescue disk which i prefer, will a...
  6. Updating Win 10 1909 to 20H2 directly, will there be any problems?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Win 10 1909 to 20H2 directly, will there be any problems?: Hi, just got a new ssd installed, and my local vendor installed the 1809 version in my system. I updated the software to 1909 but there is no update for ver 2004 under Update and Security in settings. I couldn't find any update assistant of 2004, but the one for 20H2 is...
  7. Any Cumulative Updates for Win 10 Version 1909 this year?

Any Cumulative Updates for Win 10 Version 1909 this year?: Has been a while since the last Version of Win 10 came up, but there has not been any new Updates? Are we going to get one before the end of the year? Judging by the number of posts on the Community website, it would appear that the majority of members running Win 10...
  8. eSata to USB?

eSata to USB?: My laptop has an eSata socket but all of my external drive docks are USB 3. Are there any adapters available that would let me connect the two? 141577
  9. Win. 10, 1909

Win. 10, 1909: hi, 1909 will come out like a monthly update. So, will users be required to restart after the update? Will the Microsoft website provide an ISO file download in case a reinstall is needed? Can we postpone the download of the update?...
  10. Looking for a 4-bay USB 3.0 external HDD enclosure

Looking for a 4-bay USB 3.0 external HDD enclosure: I'm having a major issue with my current external hard drive enclosures (standard mechanic drives) that I'm trying to resolve in another thread so I won't go into that here: Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied" Basically on my new PC my current enclosures are...