Windows 10: Address bar in Taskbar has input text the same colour as the background, subsequent to the...

Discus and support Address bar in Taskbar has input text the same colour as the background, subsequent to the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 + 10th April 2018 Feature Update Version 1809 and the latest quality updates KB4464330,KB4462930,KB890830. I've noticed an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Westhead, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Address bar in Taskbar has input text the same colour as the background, subsequent to the...

Hi, I'm running Windows 10 + 10th April 2018 Feature Update Version 1809 and the latest quality updates KB4464330,KB4462930,KB890830. I've noticed an annoying peculiarity in the Address bar in the Taskbar. This fist appeared immediateley after the Feature Update. The subsequent KB's have not affected it.

I use the Firefox browser. I also use the Address bar in the Taskbar a lot, so I am annoyed that the strings I type in are the same colour as the Address bar background, making them invisible until I hit <return>when they appear. Assuming I have not made a mistake when typing, the web-site is then displayed. The only way I have found of 'curing' this invisible text, is to <right click> on the Taskbar, click on <Toolbars>and remove the Address bar. Then repeat the process to re-instate it. Then the problem has gone away. However, the next time I sign-in to Windows, the problem has re-appeared, and I have to detete the Address bar and re-install it again.

Any ideas?

:)

Jim Westhead, Oct 9, 2018

2. How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 9, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Coloured bar under windows in taskbar?

When a window is minimized, the opacity disappears but you will still be able to see what windows are open on which desktop when using 'Virtual Desktops':

Address bar in Taskbar has input text the same colour as the background, subsequent to the... [​IMG]

Address bar in Taskbar has input text the same colour as the background, subsequent to the... [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Address bar in Taskbar has input text the same colour as the background, subsequent to the...

The text colour in taskbar changed automatically

Hello Desmond,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

From the description provided, I understand that the Taskbar is not showing correct color compositions.

With default settings, Windows 10 uses black color for Start menu, taskbar and action center.
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and see if it helps in the current situation.

Method 1

Follow the below recommendation in order to set the color composition of your preference.

A. Change the taskbar color to your desired one.

Step 1: Right-click on desktop and then click Personalize option to Personalization section of Settings app.

Step 2: In the left-pane, click Colors to see various settings on the right.

Step 3: On the right-side, turn on the option labelled
    Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center
    . Make sure that the first option labelled
    Automatically pick an accent color from my background is turned
    off

Step 4: Now, under Choose your accent color, click on a tile to select and set it as the color for your taskbar, Start menu and action center.

B. Change the taskbar color to match desktop background.

Step 1: Open Personalization section of Settings app. To do so,
    right-click on desktop and then click Personalize.

Step 2: On the left-side, click Colors.

Step 3: Now, on the right-side, turn on the following options:

• Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    • Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center.

Method 2

Try to find out if you can change the way the Windows Theme looks like.

1. Type in the Search bar Change the Theme

2. Choose any one under Windows Default Themes.

You can also tweak the color and appearance of taskbar, Windows borders and Start Menu.

1. Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut, Windows key
    Address bar in Taskbar has input text the same colour as the background, subsequent to the... Windows_Key.png
    +
    I

2. Click on the Personalization.

3. Click on the Color.

4. Choose your color and click on Save changes.

5. The color of the taskbar, window borders and start menu is now changed.

Please write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Address bar in Taskbar has input text the same colour as the background, subsequent to the...

1. Address bar in Taskbar has input text the same colour as the background, subsequent to the... - Similar Threads - Address bar Taskbar

2. Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch: With certain accent colours (typically ones that are picked automatically based on the desktop background), I get the following problem in title bars: [img] Seems to only affect windows which have those buttons in the top-left corner. On programs without this, such as...
  3. MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change

MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change: When I double click on a word to select it, the selection background changes to black and the text changes to white. This is a text selection issue. It is not a permanent change such as you would do using Home/Font/Text Highlight Colour or Home/Paragraph/Shading. It is...
  4. Two different colours for the Start panel background and taskbar

Two different colours for the Start panel background and taskbar: There are a variety of beautiful background colours available for the Windows 10 Start screen but they shade the matched taskbar with an awful colour. Is there a way to alter the taskbar colour separately? 137474
  5. monitor text and background colours

monitor text and background colours: I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish...
  6. Address bar at my taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Address bar at my taskbar ?: Just saw it today. How do I remove ? [img] 124340
  7. Dark-Theme: Address Toolbar Text Colour and Background Colour bug-1809

Dark-Theme: Address Toolbar Text Colour and Background Colour bug-1809: In early October, after the (first) 1809 Update, I posted a thread relating to the Address Toolbar in the Taskbar, and the problems that I was having with it. Essentially, the background of the Toolbar had become almost the same colour as the text I typed in, and so the...
  8. Text Colours

Text Colours: My Desktop normally shows text in black and / or green - can I change the green text to a more readable colour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/text-colours/e2164841-5989-4f69-9713-9870d6fd1dc9
  9. Change Explorer Address bar background and text on vista style builder

Change Explorer Address bar background and text on vista style builder: Hello!! Where I can replace color for address bar background and text? I show a pictures: Thiis is the address bar inactive: [img] I love that but when I'm going to type: [img] It turns white.. I've look at almost every option on Windows Style...
  10. Coloured bar under windows in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Coloured bar under windows in taskbar?: Hi guys, I have noticed there is a coloured bar underneath each window in the task bar. Here is a picture of it: [img] It's that little green bar right at the bottom of File Explorer and Edge (it will be the same colour as your tiles) What does this bar represent,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar has annoying address in it