Windows 10: Address bar, tabs, minimize/maximize button all gone in all browsers after windows 10 update

Discus and support Address bar, tabs, minimize/maximize button all gone in all browsers after windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 2004 Installed on: 08/28/2020 OS Build:19041.572 Installed whatever updates Windows 10 pushed on 10/13/20 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wildfyr69, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Wildfyr69 Win User

Address bar, tabs, minimize/maximize button all gone in all browsers after windows 10 update

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 2004

Installed on: 08/28/2020

OS Build:19041.572

Installed whatever updates Windows 10 pushed on 10/13/20 and now my browsers are all missing the upper portion of the screen. I can stop the Desktop Windows Manager process in Task Manager and it fixes it until the next reboot. Until I restarted to automatically install this week's pushed updates, everything worked fine. Any ideas for a permanent fix? I am working with an HP laptop and and LG Ultrawide monitor plugged into the HDMI port. It only affects the browser when it is displayed on my external monitor. I originally thought it was a Chrome issue, but tried using Firefox & Edge and have the same issue with those browsers.

Address bar, tabs, minimize/maximize button all gone in all browsers after windows 10 update 512e440e-c4e1-4ec8-ae50-95fe3f055226?upload=true.jpg

:)

Wildfyr69, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Ken Blake Win User

No maximize or minimize tab

There is nothing called a maximize or minimize *tab*. Do you mean the maximize and minimize *icons* in the upper right-hand corner of a window?

If so, in what program (or programs) are they missing?

Ken Blake, Oct 18, 2020
  3. windows 10 minimize & maximize buttons

I'm really upset by the last update with windows. It affected my desktop. I can't access my desktop as before. I have no maximize and minimize buttons. This is totally ridiculous. I do have a desktop button on my task bar, however,NEED to see my icons.
    I don't have time to run through a list. No matter what I do, I can't work with my PC like I used to. I use my PC for school and I'm very busy. I'm not in tablet mode. Every thing remains the same. EXCEPT FOR THE UPDATE. The update before this one cost me
    the ability to download apps from the store and this hasn't been rectified yet. THESE THINGS NEED TO BE ADDRESSED. IT REALLY IS UPSETTING.

pinklemint, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Address bar, tabs, minimize/maximize button all gone in all browsers after windows 10 update

No maximize or minimize tab

Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs

LouisPatermo, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Address bar, tabs, minimize/maximize button all gone in all browsers after windows 10 update

1. Address bar, tabs, minimize/maximize button all gone in all browsers after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Address bar tabs

2. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  3. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  4. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  5. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  6. ALL panels forced to minimize on task bar. WIll not Restore or Maximize. Includes Task...

in Windows 10 Customization
    ALL panels forced to minimize on task bar. WIll not Restore or Maximize. Includes Task...: I am trying to avoid a wipe and reinstall of windows 10 or a repair. PLEASE GRASP THIS FACT. Every excellently written step by step found here and all the self help you tubes fail because EVERY SINGLE panel will only open locked on task bar. NO chance to...
  7. Minimize, maximize, close buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize, maximize, close buttons: How do I restore the Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right of my browser screens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-maximize-close-buttons/39d9dca0-e909-482c-b3a6-a222dfd7d5e5
  8. Title bar, Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Title bar, Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Title bar comes with the Minimize, Maximize and Close button as well. However, at times a glitch may occur, preventing the Title bar, Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons from appearing in Explorer, some built-in tool or an installed program. [...] This...
  9. Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents: I Work with Word 2007 both on Windows 7 desktop and Windows 10 laptop. I do not have the issue in Windows 7. In Windows 10 however if I have a minimized document in word and open a new word document both the new and the minimized document are opened/maximized. Same happens in...
  10. No maximize or minimize tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No maximize or minimize tab: Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-maximize-or-minimize-tab/68847e49-620a-4f91-b9f4-7d41a540c126