Windows 10: Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing

Discus and support Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Quite suddenly the address and menu bars at top of screen, and entire task bar with program tabs at bottom of screen keep disappearing. The only way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nosmas, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:02 AM.

1. Nosmas Win User

Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing

Quite suddenly the address and menu bars at top of screen, and entire task bar with program tabs at bottom of screen keep disappearing. The only way to see them is to hover the mouse over the extreme bottom or top edge of the screen but they only remain for a fraction of a second. The problem seems to be intermittent because sometimes (as at this moment) the bars are stable. I am running W10 with two browsers, Edge and IE 11, but the problem exists on both apps and this makes navigation very difficult.

:)

2. CourtneyR Win User

I can full screen Netflix but the top grey bar and the task bar do not disappear

Original title: netflix

when on Netflix watching a programme I can full screen Netflix but the top grey bar and the task bar do not disappear, help?

3. NancyHaig Win User
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The task bar on the bottom of the screen suddenly disappeared.

<Original title: Task Bar Disappeared>

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The task bar on the bottom of the screen suddenly disappeared. I have tried re-booting without success. Any suggestions on how to restore it?

4. JoshM_ Win User

Task Bar disappears completely in full-screen windowed game?

Title says it all. Whenever I have a full-screen windowed application selected on my computer, the task bar will just disappear. Is there any way to change this, or make the task bar "always on top"? I've tried searching for a solution but I can't seem to
    find one anywhere. I want my task bar to appear over top of full-screen windowed applications so that I can use it to switch between applications quickly (and yes, I know alt+tab is a thing).

Any help is appreciated.

Thema:

1. Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing - Similar Threads - Address bar top

2. Screen/Internet Bar at top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen/Internet Bar at top: The bar at top of screen is showing internet-based tabs/Google/. I have tried everything I know but cannot get it off. It is interfering with all of my screens & work, including minimizing the area for emails. I've never had this problem & do not see anything in settings...
  3. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Until recently my desk top and windows never went behind the taskbar, now when a window is maximized, the bottom scroll bar is behind the task bar. How can I limit the desk top to real estate NOT covered by the task bar?...
  4. MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY

MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY: MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar-from-bottom-of-screen-to-top-of/580f894c-f9e4-4b61-9691-a81ce8240410
  5. bottom task bar

bottom task bar: When I go full screen the bottom task bar has always gone as well. This morning it stays there and I can't right click it to clear, as when I put the cursor in It becomes the vertical arrow sign, (as in widen etc.)How can I rectify this if I cant click it....
  6. Bar at top of screen now hidden

Bar at top of screen now hidden: Why have you hidden the bar at the top of the screen with the close icon. I think Micosoft asks itself how they can make things worse instead of better - some samples: - the new Outlook is impossible - Evertime I complain I get some stupid answer from Outlook - When it was...
  7. Weird gray bar at bottom of screen

Weird gray bar at bottom of screen: So I was just opening up my computer, when suddenly I noticed this grey bar at the bottom of my screen. Nothing happens when I click on it, and when I changed the background, it was still there. What's going on? [IMG]...
  8. dark bar at top of screen

dark bar at top of screen: there is a dark bar at the top of my monitor when all windows are maxed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dark-bar-at-top-of-screen/c2d3b128-db95-4a9d-a955-861a3ae8e5dd
  9. Search Bar at the top of my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar at the top of my screen: This search bar suddenly appeared on the top of my laptop screen, nothing will make it go away. I have tried looking for the Web Bar thing in the control panel but nothing comes up.... is there any other way to fix this????[ATTACH]...
  10. Bottom task bar is always on top

Bottom task bar is always on top: Hello, This problem is ridiculous. Whenever I enter the full screen in any video, the bottom task bar stays on top. Restarting windows explorer solves the problem, but temporary. I don't want to restart windows explorer all the time , could you provide a permanent fix please....