Windows 10: Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing

Discus and support Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Quite suddenly the address and menu bars at top of screen, and entire task bar with program tabs at bottom of screen keep disappearing. The only way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nosmas, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Nosmas Win User

Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing

Quite suddenly the address and menu bars at top of screen, and entire task bar with program tabs at bottom of screen keep disappearing. The only way to see them is to hover the mouse over the extreme bottom or top edge of the screen but they only remain for a fraction of a second. The problem seems to be intermittent because sometimes (as at this moment) the bars are stable. I am running W10 with two browsers, Edge and IE 11, but the problem exists on both apps and this makes navigation very difficult.

:)

Nosmas, Apr 15, 2019
  2. CourtneyR Win User

I can full screen Netflix but the top grey bar and the task bar do not disappear

Original title: netflix

when on Netflix watching a programme I can full screen Netflix but the top grey bar and the task bar do not disappear, help?

CourtneyR, Apr 15, 2019
  3. NancyHaig Win User
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The task bar on the bottom of the screen suddenly disappeared.

<Original title: Task Bar Disappeared>

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The task bar on the bottom of the screen suddenly disappeared. I have tried re-booting without success. Any suggestions on how to restore it?

NancyHaig, Apr 15, 2019
  4. JoshM_ Win User

Task Bar disappears completely in full-screen windowed game?

Title says it all. Whenever I have a full-screen windowed application selected on my computer, the task bar will just disappear. Is there any way to change this, or make the task bar "always on top"? I've tried searching for a solution but I can't seem to
    find one anywhere. I want my task bar to appear over top of full-screen windowed applications so that I can use it to switch between applications quickly (and yes, I know alt+tab is a thing).

Any help is appreciated.

JoshM_, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing - Similar Threads - Address bar top

2. The task bar keeps moving to the right from the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The task bar keeps moving to the right from the bottom of the screen: Every time I turn of my computer from sleep mode, so not fully turned off the task bar has moved to the right. I move it back to the bottom but yet it just moves back when the computer goes into sleep mode....
  3. The task bar keeps moving to the right from the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The task bar keeps moving to the right from the bottom of the screen: Every time I turn of my computer from sleep mode, so not fully turned off the task bar has moved to the right. I move it back to the bottom but yet it just moves back when the computer goes into sleep mode....
  4. help me move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help me move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen: I want to move the task bar so it displays at the top of the screen. I've tried regedit, changing the 03 in settings in the FE column to 01 and then restarting in the windows explorer through task manager. It does not work for me. The 01 settings just flips back to 03. My...
  5. help me move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen

help me move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen: I want to move the task bar so it displays at the top of the screen. I've tried regedit, changing the 03 in settings in the FE column to 01 and then restarting in the windows explorer through task manager. It does not work for me. The 01 settings just flips back to 03. My...
  6. Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.: Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. I cannot read the print... too small. Also two small on many other places; for example the area where you search for your passwords. I can get to the passwords but the print is way too...
  7. Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.

Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.: Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. I cannot read the print... too small. Also two small on many other places; for example the area where you search for your passwords. I can get to the passwords but the print is way too...
  8. task bar on the top and bottom keep dissapearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar on the top and bottom keep dissapearing: The task bar on the bottom of my screen and the open tabs at the top of the screen keep disappearing on me unless I bring my cursor over top of it. its really frustrating and I cannot figure it out....
  9. MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY

MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY: MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar-from-bottom-of-screen-to-top-of/580f894c-f9e4-4b61-9691-a81ce8240410
  10. Bottom task bar is always on top

Bottom task bar is always on top: Hello, This problem is ridiculous. Whenever I enter the full screen in any video, the bottom task bar stays on top. Restarting windows explorer solves the problem, but temporary. I don't want to restart windows explorer all the time , could you provide a permanent fix please....