Windows 10: Address book in Mail with 2 accounts

Discus and support Address book in Mail with 2 accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently migrated my parents laptop from Windows Live to standart Windows 10 Mail client. I've also added 2 gmail accounts. when I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mr.teran, Feb 22, 2021.

1. mr.teran Win User

Address book in Mail with 2 accounts

Hi,
    I've recently migrated my parents laptop from Windows Live to standart Windows 10 Mail client. I've also added 2 gmail accounts.

when I start new message and click address book button I see contacts only from second account. It doesn't matter which account I choose in sidebar, contacts list remains the same. It actually looks like a bug.

Is it possible to use Mail with 2 different accounts and separate contacts books for both of them?

thanks.

:)

mr.teran, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Address book in Mail with 2 accounts :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Address Book for Windows 10 mail app

suggest you learn about your products before answering these questions, try reading my answer to this question, the address book for the new Mail client is hidden in system files, the old contact list that we all would like to use cannot be used by the new
    Mail app, it only picks up email addresses that we either have already replied to or send to manually, so to add to the address book all of my previously used contacts I need to manualy imput their address in to TO box & send them an email then that address
    will store, there is no import address book contacts for this app or even an link to the address book, so it is rubbish, suggest you pass this on to someone higher up, & respond to me when you have built in an Import/export & accessible address book, until
    then I will use a decent & simple email client like Thunderbird.

Lastmanjack, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Address Book is blank

try making a yahoo account or use thunderbird or windows mail and re-export it. you can import via yahoo mail and then when you export it will give you an option on what format youd like to download the file in. that might be your ticket.

Solaris17, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Address book in Mail with 2 accounts - Similar Threads - Address book Mail

2. address book

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    address book: does windows 10 come with a address book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/b86fdc9a-6a3e-4f96-a35f-5345ac8eb6fb
  3. Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail: How do I import my Thunderbird address book into Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-address-book-into-windows-10-mail/50679e8d-556c-4074-99dd-aec7fa5b72ea
  4. Windows 10 mail address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail address book: Where do you go in Windows 10 mail to add, delete or edit info in your address book? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-address-book/739db86f-c162-48cb-8c71-1840f7ae5de2
  5. windows live mail , address book problem .

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail , address book problem .: Hello & Thanks : Win 10 10.0.18362 , windows live mail I am having a problem with windows live mail , address book : I have no "Contacts" Folder or Button after login outlook.live.com/mail/ . How do I find it ? Thanx 154578
  6. Address Book

Address Book: I can not add contacts to my windows address book that came with the computer. I have around 170 names and addresses. I right click to bring up a menu and add new contact is not there no more and it is not in the tools bar on top. what happened to the add new contact? so i...
  7. Microsoft Account Address Book

Microsoft Account Address Book: Trying to purchase the Xbox Game Pass on the Windows Xbox app, when ever I try to make a purchase it defaults to an American address, I do not live in America I live in South Africa but added this address because thats what the store was asking for and wouldn't allow me to...
  8. address book

address book: How do I go about setting up and address book ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/ace89429-5b53-48bf-b12c-0a7e752d23c4
  9. Address Book

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Address Book: when I want to send a new email my address book does not show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/address-book/af94b9f3-010d-413a-b730-3ce5d78267bf
  10. Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?: Starting our on Win 10. Problems ongoing with Thunderbird after many years of good use so trying out the Mail which comes with Win10. First thing is to address mail but I can't see any contacts/address bk/or other list of contacts. Is this intentional? are contacts stores...