Windows 10: Address Book - Outlook - missing

Discus and support Address Book - Outlook - missing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; my computer was updated early hours this morning, 13 December, but i notice now that my address book in my email Outlook is missing. how do I get it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Peter59885, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Address Book - Outlook - missing

my computer was updated early hours this morning, 13 December, but i notice now that my address book in my email Outlook is missing. how do I get it back? .... I presume it must still be there, somewhere!!

:)

Peter59885, Dec 12, 2015
  2. fundurose Win User

PC Suite 5140

We do have a strange problem. After copy all contact to phone SIM card, reset phone, battery out.

After sync. about 10% of all contacts are moved to Outlook Address book from phonebook.

Contacts can be updated in Outlook address book so they change in phone. Everything looks ok but the 90% are missing.

What is wrong??

/Lars

fundurose, Dec 12, 2015
  3. andy IT Win User
    Outlook03 Sync Contact Address not showing in e-mail

Hope you solved this but if not you just need to enable your Outlook Address Book to show as email contacts:

OUTLOOK > right click CONTACTS OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK and tick the "show this folder as an email address book"

If its greyed out completely you'll have to add an "Adidional Addresss Book" in DATA FILES > ADDRESS BOOK

Sorry I dont have Outlook 2003 to hand to test

andy IT, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Address Book - Outlook - missing

Search your PC for a file called Scanpst.exe and run it. If they are any errors in your outlook PST file, it should fix it.

Snakeyes, Dec 12, 2015
  5. hi Snakeyes.... thanks for your reply.... i ran that file, but did not fix it...... I am running Outlook 2007 ... just tried to add a new email address to my Outlook Icloud contact list, but it will not let me ....... I always put my email address into the Icloud section ..... appreciate any other solutions.... tks

Peter59885, Dec 13, 2015
  6. Snakeyes Win User
    Snakeyes, Dec 13, 2015
  7. thanks again Snakeyes...... i had a read thru that article, and did reset my icloud etc..... the following is the error message i get when i try to open my address book in Outlook
    quote... The address list cannot be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. for information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help. unquote....
    i have a look at the Help option, but nothing there helps....... *Redface

Peter59885, Dec 13, 2015
  8. Snakeyes Win User

It's been a while since I have worked with Outlook 2007 and I have never worked with iCloud so I am running out of ideas to help. One thing to investigate is if your iCloud username and password have changed or if your outlook is having difficulty connecting with your iCloud account. Check your account and mailbox settings and make sure that Outlook can make the appropriate connections with all your accounts.
    Keep posting as you go. In the meantime I will investigate further.

Snakeyes, Dec 13, 2015
  9. hi Snakeyes..... i have solved my problem..... my contact list now back..... just uninstalled my iCloud app then reinstalled it and my contact list was back....... thanks for your help...... have a nice christmas.....

Peter59885, Dec 15, 2015
  10. Snakeyes Win User
    Great! Have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year.

Snakeyes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Address Book - Outlook - missing - Similar Threads - Address Book Outlook

2. Contacts from People to Outlook address book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contacts from People to Outlook address book: How do I get my Windows 10 People address list into MS Outlook, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-from-people-to-outlook-address-book/0061408a-180a-4fac-a611-b37d85e98aba
  3. 365 Outlook address book

365 Outlook address book: I have two friends with the same email address, whenever I try to email one of them, the other friend's name always appears in the To field. How can I get separate names?...
  4. Outlook address book - Phone numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook address book - Phone numbers: Hello team Maybe a simple solution for my question, here it goes. In Outlook, I've an address book with phone numbers, if I click on the phone numbers Teams open op. How ever i would like to use "your phone" instead Is that possible and how ? What i have tried:...
  5. importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.: Okay, I am trying to "migrate" my outlook 2016 contacts to xfinity/comcast address book but am having a problem. I open xfinity/comcast and select import contacts and it says migration is in progress but the time elapse wheel keeps going and going and going and nothing...
  6. Outlook 2013 Address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2013 Address book: I bought a new PC and lost my Outlook 2013 address book in the transfer. I downloaded iphone contacts via a vcard into my contacts. However, when I type a name into the To: box for a new message, Outlook is looking for email addresses, not my contact's name. How do I get it...
  7. Microsoft Office Outlook Address Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office Outlook Address Book: Since the latest Windows Update two days ago, all of the contacts in my Office Outlook Address Book have disappeared. It says that "The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened and it may have been moved or deleted." Help! That represents years...
  8. address book

address book: How do I go about setting up and address book ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/ace89429-5b53-48bf-b12c-0a7e752d23c4
  9. Address Book

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Address Book: when I want to send a new email my address book does not show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/address-book/af94b9f3-010d-413a-b730-3ce5d78267bf
  10. Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book: I'm running Outlook 2016 (v 1804, 64-bit). I have my default email address as Outlook.com. I sync my iCloud contacts to Outlook occasionally by just copying them over in my macOS address book. They show up fine in Outlook. However, if I search by last name, the contact...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. address book missing from outlook

2. windows10 address book missing