Windows 10: Address field on Windows 11 taskbar

Discus and support Address field on Windows 11 taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10 I used to have an address field on the taskbar. This made it easy to return to sites that I often use. Has this facility gone in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharlieCLewis, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Address field on Windows 11 taskbar

In Windows 10 I used to have an address field on the taskbar. This made it easy to return to sites that I often use. Has this facility gone in Windows 11?

:)

CharlieCLewis, Oct 15, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Oct 15, 2021
  3. TonyC251 Win User
    IE 11 Address field is invisible to click on since Installing Windows 10

The Address bar where you type the URL is missing until you click on it. I find this in other apps under windows 10, making it difficult to navigate. This is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Also, the data entry fields have their name/field right in the field, and it makes it difficult to enter data, since you are never sure if you need to clear the existing data from the field.

IMHO, this is simply poor design, but someone who needs some system design and typography classes. Does anyone have a way to make the URL Address field in IE 11/Windows 10 come up by default, or stop the addition of text in data entry fields that the user
    did not type?

TonyC251, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Address field on Windows 11 taskbar

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Address field on Windows 11 taskbar

1. Address field on Windows 11 taskbar - Similar Threads - Address field taskbar

2. UX: Will Windows 11 address the Taskbar Bluetooth toggle issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UX: Will Windows 11 address the Taskbar Bluetooth toggle issue?: In Windows 11, a single accidental click on the Bluetooth toggle rather than ">" in the taskbar disconnects all devices, including essential peripherals like keyboards and mouse, that will lock users out of their PCs. Potential Solution: If the keyboard and mouse are...
  3. UX: Will Windows 11 address the Taskbar Bluetooth toggle issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UX: Will Windows 11 address the Taskbar Bluetooth toggle issue?: In Windows 11, a single accidental click on the Bluetooth toggle rather than ">" in the taskbar disconnects all devices, including essential peripherals like keyboards and mouse, that will lock users out of their PCs. Potential Solution: If the keyboard and mouse are...
  4. No input field on Windows 11 Lock Screen window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No input field on Windows 11 Lock Screen window: HIMy OS is Windows 11.Yesterday when I woke up my laptop I can't access my laptop. The Lock Screen only has a profile photo and the words "sign in".But there is no field to enter any password. This user is admin.I also have another user that has a field to enter a password,...
  5. The big search field on Windows 11's taskbar is unnecessary

in Windows 10 News
    The big search field on Windows 11's taskbar is unnecessary: Microsoft started to experiment with search and the search field of its Windows 11 operating system some time ago. One of Microsoft's latest addition was the display of icons in the search field that depicted a special event that Microsoft picked for the day. Microsoft calls...
  6. Address field on Windows 11 taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Address field on Windows 11 taskbar: In Windows 10 I used to have an address field on the taskbar. This made it easy to return to sites that I often use. Has this facility gone in Windows 11?...
  7. Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work

in Cortana
    Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work: Hi I bought my computer last week and installed Windows 10 last friday. yesterday i suddenly had problems with using the file ewplorer search function, and I don't know how to make it work again...
  8. Shortcut key to post my email address into an available field in an online or any field form.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut key to post my email address into an available field in an online or any field form.: Over the past several years I have typed my email address several thousand times. How can this task be automated to a convenient shortcut key combination? A script file comes to mind, but how to proceed?...
  9. Search field in bottom taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search field in bottom taskbar: Hi there I have made a large update of Windows 10 (which I couldn´t chose myself) and the first thing i find, to my great irritation, is a big white ugly search field to the left of the task bar. How do I remove that? BR, Staffan Söderlund...
  10. Address bar at my taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Address bar at my taskbar ?: Just saw it today. How do I remove ? [img] 124340