Windows 10: Address in Long Branch

Discus and support Address in Long Branch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 642 McClellan Street https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-in-long-branch/1288f2c5-fc7b-4d3f-a6c3-057859e4d9e5 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeLeVien, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Address in Long Branch

642 McClellan Street

:)

MikeLeVien, Jan 9, 2020

2. Ques about Branch Predictors

I have been reading about CPU architectures for the past few months and while I understand the idea of most of it (I am not a programmer) I am quite confused by the Branch Predictor. So I have a few questions:
    • I understand what Branch Predictor is supposed to do fundamentally but since I have never programmed software I don't know how much it affects IPC.
    • Say I were to remove the Branch Predictor from a Haswell core. By what factor would IPC drop? What will be the effect on die size?
    • Say I were to take the Branch Predictor in Haswell and magically make it perfect. By what factor would IPC increase?
    • Do GPU cores use Branch Predictors as well?

Devil Slayer, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Address in Long Branch :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Jan 9, 2020
  4. doug4901 Win User

Address in Long Branch

Running IE11 and accessing a 192.168.0.x address

So sorry for the very late reply. I am not a well person.

I have tried the suggestions and these are my results. I have been slow, but things have got more complications as I tried more.

Most important: I have tried dozens of times (really!), and just now it worked and this is what I did, and had done many times before without luck.

• I ran IExplore.exe with admin rights
    • I entered 192.168.0.50:86 and that put me immediately into where I wanted to be with access to my 4 cameras.
    • I repeated the same steps 2 times more and failed.
    • My third attempt it worked again! What is the saying? .... "go figure!"

In all my (earlier dozs of attempts) where I tried your kind suggestions, this is what happened:

• If you add http:// or https:// in front of 192.168 does it change behaviour?

That made no difference. It still bumped me into Bing

• Can you set the camera to the normal subnet of your network?

I got myself totally confused on how to do this, and therefore I didn't progress far with your suggestion.

• When you first went to use IE 11 did you enable it in Windows features?

No I didn't, but when I checked in Progs, Windows settings, it was already ticked. But I still have to run IExplore.exe in admin.

• Windows key + R, type iexplore.exe -extoff

That was unsuccessful*Sad

Yes, in all instances.

I feel like a phoney as it is now working, albeit intermittently.

There must be something corrupted in my Win installation. A couple of Window updates ago, all my file structures looked fine, but I had to reinstall most of my programs. Thank you Microsoft. I've had a few strange things since then. One issue is that I can't log into my router. It's IP address is 192.168.0.1 . In Chrome, my usual browser, 192.168.0.1 gives me a no-connection error, and so does IE11. But here's the rub, if I go to my wife's PC, it always works!! Her PC and mine both run the same version of Win10, both Chrome, and we are on a wired Ethernet connection to our router.

I thank all for your help. I really do.

Regards,
    Doug

doug4901, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Address in Long Branch

1. Address in Long Branch - Similar Threads - Address Long Branch

2. Ground Branch Mic not working [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Ground Branch Mic not working [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If the Mic or Microphone is not working in Ground Branch when playing the game of your Windows 11/10 Pc then this post will help you. Ground Branch is a shooter video game loved by millions of gaming enthusiasts. While it works smoothly most of the time, it is not...
  3. Complain against the India branch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Complain against the India branch: Sir/Madam, I hate all Indian people. India people for giving me harassment, through purchasing your some employ posting advertisements continuously at my both id, my Case #: 1008651167 I did complain about this and my issue those guys not solving because the India branch...
  4. Current Branch vs Current Branch for Business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Current Branch vs Current Branch for Business: Using Creators Edition. I have 3 Win 10 Pro machines. In Updates > Advanced all three are set for Business and are grayed out. Since these are used at home, which option would be better ? GPedit.msc didn't change. Where can I make a change ? My guess would be in the...
  5. New update - and new question about branch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New update - and new question about branch: Greetings. Today my Win10 wanted to restart because of a new windows update, so I let it do that. Now I have a new setting (??) under advanced options in "Update & recovery". The last setting are like this: "Choose what branch you'd like to get new previews builds from."!...
  6. Branch Office Direct Printing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Branch Office Direct Printing: Posted this by mistake in the network area - moved it here now *Smile I have been trying to confirm whether Win10 support BOPD printing in the same way as Win8.1 did and described here; https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../jj134156.aspx All the references I can...
  7. Intel Drivers - Which branch?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Drivers - Which branch?: Hi all, I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, which uses HD Graphics 4400. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. I noticed the drivers in the Windows Update channel are dated newer than what is on Intel's site and the version on my system is 20.19.15.4352. The version on Intel's site for...
  8. Branch Office Direct Printing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Branch Office Direct Printing: I have been trying to confirm whether Win10 support BOPD printing in the same way as Win8.1 did and described here; https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../jj134156.aspx All the references I can find talk about win8 and 8.1 and none mention Win10. If Win10 doesn't...
  9. Inside WDG - Branches and Rings

in Windows 10 News
    Inside WDG - Branches and Rings: [img] [img] [img] [img] Source: Insider Hub - "Inside WDG - Branches and Rings" 40448
  10. Current Branch or Extended Beta?

in Windows 10 News
    Current Branch or Extended Beta?: In chewing over TenForums forum traffic lately, and watching what's happened with 9 cumulative updates since 8/2/2016 I find myself wondering if recent, widely reported post-AU issues might not reflect a deliberate policy from MS. I blogged on that topic for Window Enterprise...